farwar

May 29, 2020
How did you not notice that most of the options that gave you alpha points are actually just douche bag and manipulative, selfish actions? The MC's thoughts get more and more corrupted the more alpha points you have too...Like he straight up says to himself that he doesnt care about the girls and is just pretending cuz he wants to get in their pants. Clearly something has gone wrong there. If you have enough beta points he will instead say he really cares about them and wants to protect everybody.

Yes the dialogs and motivations of the MC's change drastically depending on the balance of points you have throughout the game. I was only playing to see the all the different scenes but then It hit me like a stone wall when I read that line of dialog, so a back tracked to see if it would be different if I tried to balance the points instead and it was.
Also this was outlined in the OP in spoiler. Its the mc's warped view of what alpha/beta characteristics are.
Also that gorrilla is not your dad.
"douche bag and manipulative" yes, but if that cop could help to get rid of those who manipulate him, why he would LIE to that cop about that ?

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
"douche bag and manipulative" yes, but if that cop could help to get rid of those who manipulate him, why he would LIE to that cop about that ?
The deputy lady? Mc didnt lie about anything in my playthrough. Idk what you are referring to. In my playthrough, MC asks her what would happen to people who were unwilling accomplices though blackmail/drugs. She tell him they could testify against the uncle and B.J. and then they agreed to talk more later.
Maybe you got a different outcome?

farwar

May 29, 2020
The deputy lady? Mc didnt lie about anything in my playthrough. Idk what you are referring to. In my playthrough, MC asks her what would happen to people who were unwilling accomplices though blackmail/drugs. She tell him they could testify against the uncle and B.J. and then they agreed to talk more later.
Maybe you got a different outcome?

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
...yea you played differently from me lol, my mc doesnt lie about it. you definitely picked the " work with Big John option...what did you expect? the neutral path gives you all 3 options....

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Are you not Alpha enough X) ?
how many point do you have at the end ?
I have a113/b18
like I said you chose to work with them so of course you will get the lie option. also thats alot of alpha points rofl

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
:unsure: Huh?...I definitely noticed dialogue changes throughout. Like one example. If you have high alpha points when you wake up Lucy with a kiss she says something about her morning breath. Mc says "well I wasn't gonna say anything but..."
But if you had higher beta points he says "Its ok Lucy nothing about you is bad" or something like that and then she calls MC "Sweety" and mc calls her "Angel".. and it shows up in later dialogue too.
That's just one example He thinks to himself from time to time it changes depending on the balance or sometimes you dont get the darker thoughts at all. It's like a hint to where the MC's mental disposition is....so I have to disagree with you, unless I am not understanding what you meant.

Another example, when you are talking to his mother about B.J., mc will say " I will decide what's best for this household" if you have higher alpha points. With higher beta points he instead says " I want to protect everyone" but is hesitant at the idea of killing.
*Should I really be helping Big John, or should I get rid of him for good?*

And then only choice is to work with him... That make that dialogue pointless. A more suitable one would be what kind of deal he can make with him. Or get the upper hand on him in one way or the other.

Imho could just as well called it "Corruption & Love" points, because the alpha, beta seems so misunderstod.

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018

And then only choice is to work with him... That make that dialogue pointless. A more suitable one would be what kind of deal he can make with him. Or get the upper hand on him in one way or the other.

Imho could just as well called it "Corruption & Love" points, because the alpha, beta seems so misunderstod.
Ok i see what you mean now. Yea it is weird that he says the same thing at that particular point in time. but really before that there are hints in his thoughts. and you get different options there. i posted some pics above showing them.

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Idk i guess i'll wait for walkthrough and try from 0
I mean...just don't do anything too manipulative or scummy? not knocking on doors before entering... touching ppl when they are a sleep...and...i mean if you really cant tell there's rollback and the points update as you play so... its not that hard to know what options give points. That is a bit tedious though I guess. there are some mods for 0.3 version that still work up to the start of 0.4 though

Last edited:

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020

This is what you would have seen:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That isn't conflicting. That's the MC asking himself and then thinking about what the decision could mean for himself and the household. Because of the high alpha points, it's not much of a decision for him. He wants to have fun. He doesn't necessarily want to hurt the girls, but he's more concerned about his own happiness. Because he's been doing selfish things and he's a selfish person... based on the choices that have been made.

Last edited:
Reactions: OzBrit

NG Creative

Jul 28, 2021
Which render engine this game is using?
Doesn't look like iray from previews..
Just curious.

From changelog I can see that lot of hard work is going on and lot of progress is achieved and delivered in less span. That's really great!!

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018

actually....
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

the alpha beta thing i understand is supposed to be thematic? to the story because that is how the mc perceives it in his environment. is that worth confusing the player? Idk. The point is that its warped so i guess it was meant to throw the player off until we noticed all is not right.

Last edited:

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
Which render engine this game is using?
Doesn't look like iray from previews..
Just curious.

From changelog I can see that lot of hard work is going on and lot of progress is achieved and delivered in less span. That's really great!!
It's Iray in Daz Studio. I just don't take as long as real artists to do good lighting. A lot of my lighting really sucks. I admit I'm not an artist, though.

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
Guess we have to wait for the walkthrough update.
Please, can you update to : The Fosters - version 0.04
Here is the reason why I haven't updated my Walkthrough Mod just yet:

Whichever version was linked here, it's still Beta until Saturday. If I make further changes I'll update the links here.

I say that because there've been 3 versions released today. First version had flag errors near the end of chapter 4. Second had 2 missing images. 3rd skips past the missing images, which will be fixed in 0.04b.
Doubtful, I just released what will be the public release, with many bug fixes, to my lowest tier. I'll drop the links here tomorrow morning.
When _13_ releases the Public release tomorrow, I will begin work on updating my Walkthrough + Cheat Mod, especially due to not having a whole lot going on this Christmas (wife will be working most of Christmas Holiday, my teenage kids will be too busy with their friends, RL friends will be out of town, .....).

3.00 star(s) 40 Votes