Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
the only "family dynamic" needed to qualify as a stepdad is to be married to the mom of someone who isn't your child.
Now, I'm not going to pretend that I remember well enough to say if the game ever says they're married or not
but you can forgive a person for not differentiating between "mom's boyfriend" and "stepdad"
A bit of a typo there. You misspelled "mom's drug pusher and abuser."

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
I'll give you reading comprehension and passable deductive reasoning for free.
How anyone could mistake B.J. as a "stepdad" or "boyfriend" after actually playing the game is beyond me.
Well unlike apparently you, I am aware that a person can be both a boyfriend AND an abusive piece of shit who got her hooked on drugs so that he could manipulate her into letting him do what he did. Stepdad & boyfriend are just descriptive titles. If they're married he's a stepdad, if they're not then he's just her abusive boyfriend. Like what else do you expect to call the "live in dude who fucks the mom" that's a boyfriend; not a good one but that's beside the point.

But also like I originally said, I honestly don't remember if the game explicitly states their relationship or it's just kinda like
"that asshole showed up and started fuckin my mom and moved in" generically. I just said that it's not completely unreasonable for that other guy to have just shorthand labelled the dude as "dad" instead of saying step-dad, even if that was wrong we all knew exactly who he was talking about.

You're the one getting very upset about someone misusing labels.

Reactions: farwar

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Well unlike apparently you, I am aware that a person can be both a boyfriend AND an abusive piece of shit who got her hooked on drugs so that he could manipulate her into letting him do what he did. Stepdad & boyfriend are just descriptive titles. If they're married he's a stepdad, if they're not then he's just her abusive boyfriend. Like what else do you expect to call the "live in dude who fucks the mom" that's a boyfriend; not a good one but that's beside the point.

But also like I originally said, I honestly don't remember if the game explicitly states their relationship or it's just kinda like
"that asshole showed up and started fuckin my mom and moved in" generically. I just said that it's not completely unreasonable for that other guy to have just shorthand labelled the dude as "dad" instead of saying step-dad, even if that was wrong we all knew exactly who he was talking about.

You're the one getting very upset about someone misusing labels.
The only reason I'd be upset is that even though you say you don't remember, you insist on pushing the point. Obviously those two thing are not mutually exclusive. Of course it is "possible" that it could have been, however it is simply not so.
And misusing labels? That's full on misinterpretation/misrepresentation of what is going on. It's reasonable to assume that if one was just looking at the preview images, sure, but after playing the game? I think not.

And actually yes he is literally "that asshole showed up and started fuckin my mom and moved in" after Carson(uncle/crooked cop/asshole brother) got her hooked on drugs. B.J. is the drug dealer working with Carson and that's how he gets his "payment". Definitely the stepdad/boyfriend though right?

Reactions: jazz154

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
The only reason I'd be upset is that even though you say you don't remember, you insist on pushing the point. Obviously those two thing are not mutually exclusive. Of course it is "possible" that it could have been, however it is simply not so.
And misusing labels? That's full on misinterpretation/misrepresentation of what is going on. It's reasonable to assume that if one was just looking at the preview images, sure, but after playing the game? I think not.

And actually yes he is literally "that asshole showed up and started fuckin my mom and moved in" after Carson(uncle/crooked cop/asshole brother) got her hooked on drugs. B.J. is the drug dealer working with Carson and that's how he gets his "payment". Definitely the stepdad/boyfriend though right?
yea, "the guy fucking the woman of the house, while also living in the same house" is generally a boyfriend, doesn't matter that he is also her drug dealer (shit I dated my drug dealer back in college), doesn't matter that he's abusive. Like you don't call a person like that your "live in fuckbuddy".

It's cool though, I was just tryin to say that the other guy didn't deserve to be yelled at like that.
I'm gonna go ahead and block you now because I can tell that you're just not going to stop fighting with me about this.

• Angry
Reactions: Grizloy and farwar

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
yea, "the guy fucking the woman of the house, while also living in the same house" is generally a boyfriend, doesn't matter that he is also her drug dealer (shit I dated my drug dealer back in college), doesn't matter that he's abusive. Like you don't call a person like that your "live in fuckbuddy".

It's cool though, I was just tryin to say that the other guy didn't deserve to be yelled at like that.
I'm gonna go ahead and block you now because I can tell that you're just not going to stop fighting with me about this.
So even when faced with what actually happens in the story you still insist otherwise. Honestly? It wasn't meant to be a fight. I even agreed with you.
But that's just how the story is set up. but sure go ahead.
Apparently anybody that takes advantage of you while they keep you constantly drugged up and locked in your room qualifies as your boyfriend.

Reactions: jazz154 and Grizloy

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
Updated my Walkthrough / Cheat Mod
Chapter 4
  • Revamped all the Alpha Points and Beta Points context colors
  • Updated some of the context info for Chapters 1 -3 for the Choice Options
  • Clean up multi option menus
  • Harem King Mode: Ability to ask more than one of the girls on a date
  • Changed the bedtime shower dialogue with Sam if you had already showered with her in Chapter 3 so that you talk about all the girls you will be going on dates with instead of just one of them
  • Spanish Translations: Translated Uncle Carson's Spanish dialogue
  • Game Bug Fixes
  • Fixed an error on my part to not go back to the "Morning Menu" after you "Check the camera room" in Chapter 2
Though it may not seem like much, I ended up spending over 12 hours of my free time from last night and today working on getting this done and done correctly ASAP.

Edit:
For those that haven't figured it out, you really need to replay the entire game if you used my mod for Chapter 3 as you will have not gotten to do the Linda_Grope part of that Chapter and will set you back if you are doing all the Linda_Grope parts of each Chapter.
Also if you don't know if you go into Options and choose Skip: Unseen Text then you can use CTRL to fast forward through the text and just choice the proper choices.

Link in OP (it's the Second Walkthrough) and in my sig.

tf4.png tf5.png

Last edited:

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
Please, can you update to : The Fosters - version 0.04
Waiting for walkthrough mod
Finally done.

Why at the end of v0.4 when Samantha comes to have a shower in your bathroom and you decide to peak on her, it gives you 2 beta points? Also how do get the naked bed scene with Samantha, does this only happen with high beta points?

My currents are: 129A --- 9B
With your Alpha and Beta Points, I highly recommend you replay with the new Public Release with my newest Walkthrough / Cheat mod.

Reactions: Punto

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Man this game... I like the characters but it really hits you in the feels. Even if you go the route of physical abuse instead of sexual, it is still pretty hard to see some of the things that happened. Learning more about the mom made me not dislike her so much, unfortunately I know people that were heavily addicted to drugs and I know that people in that state can do horrible things just to get another dose. You need to be really sick to side with the uncle and small john, both of them need to die as soon as possible.

Reactions: GypsyBastard

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
Hopefully dev understands that there cannot be a 'riding off into the sunset' ending for the mom.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also,

I tried to message you with an offer of a glimpse into the future and asking if you wanted to hear a defense of Linda, but it wouldn't let me. If you want even a hint, DM me.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I think for most people it will be really hard to forgive linda, she had a fucked up childhood and the whole drug addiction thing obviously didn't help either, but at the end of the day innocent kids were hurt and she was a part of that. I still hope there is a way that she can somewhat redeem herself. But it also depends on who is telling the truth. Was she really against those things and was under the influence of drugs or was she doing that stuff willingly? Right now it is really hard to tell because the mc has very vague memories of that stuff, personally I wouldn't really trust anything small john and the uncle say and even though I don't think Maria would lie to the mc she obviously has a lot of resentment towards linda and that can cloud her judgment. She hated the mc for a long time and he wasn't in on it.

Last edited:

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Hopefully dev understands that there cannot be a 'riding off into the sunset' ending for the mom.

Also,

:unsure:
There are some things that dont make sense to me as well, but would she really be held liable even though she is a victim herself?

Last edited:

Candy Suxx

Oct 11, 2019
As much as its true still you can't ignore the fact that what she did was terrible . She knew she was destroying the lives of not only the girls but her own fkin son and for what just some drugs so that she could deal with loss, she could have tried going to therapy but no just became a whore who knowingly hurt so many people. The girls who thought that this would be their new home and a mother who loves them didn't know what awaited them was hell. It is also shown that sometimes in the past she would even advice John on how to shoot kids videos in better ways (during MC's talk with his sister) and still MC acts as it isn't her fault at all which is so annoying to watch as he is too big of a momma's boy.

I would personally suggest dev that a choice is given to either forgive and keep mother and live together as family (which MC is dong rt now) or straight as end all contacts with her and let her rot and repent her actions. This way pretty much players who like mom are happy and those who feels she should suffer for the pain she caused innocent kids are satisfied too.

So the perfect ending for the mother in my opinion would be her being sent to rehabilitation center and later on she joins charities that helps prevent child abuse as a redemption to the shit she pulled off but ends all her contact with the kids as she isn't able to look them in the eye and as for her brother and big john , hopefully a horrible fate is awaiting

## Best of Luck to Dev for future ##

Last edited:
Reactions: Golden Trump

Golden Trump

Jul 8, 2021
Just wanted to ask that I am getting only once choice that is to join Big John in what he is doing before we meet uncle and not to get rid of him , is it the same for everyone ??

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
As much as its true still you can't ignore the fact that what she did was terrible . She knew she was destroying the lives of not only the girls but her own fkin son and for what just some drugs so that she could deal with loss, she could have tried going to therapy but no just became a whore who knowingly hurt so many people. The girls who thought that this would be their new home and a mother who loves them didn't know what awaited them was hell. It is also shown that sometimes in the past she would even advice John on how to shoot kids videos in better ways (during MC's talk with his sister) and still MC acts as it isn't her fault at all which is so annoying to watch
I 100% get your point, but you are coming from a mentally healthy perspective. People who are addicted to drugs have very clouded judgment and in linda's case she probably suffers from other issues like depression and even some sort of ptsd from all the shit she went through. It obviously doesn't completely excuse what she did, but at least with the information we have about her now she doesn't seem like a complete monster. Also it's his mom even if what she did is fucked up, people always want to see the good in their relatives especially in their parents.

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
Just wanted to ask that I am getting only once choice that is to join Big John in what he is doing before we meet uncle and not to get rid of him , is it the same for everyone ??
Nope. you missed things in Chapter 2 that would have allowed you to have more options.
Replay the game using my Walkthrough/Cheat Mod to see the most content and have the most options available.

It's the second Walkthrough post in the OP or use my sig for the link.

3.00 star(s) 40 Votes