Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
A heads up, I just edited my announcement post for this Chapter with the following:
For those that haven't figured it out, you really need to replay the entire game if you used my mod for Chapter 3 as you will have not gotten to do the Linda_Grope part of that Chapter and will set you back if you are doing all the Linda_Grope parts of each Chapter.
Also if you don't know if you go into Options and choose Skip: Unseen Text then you can use CTRL to fast forward through the text and just choice the proper choices.

Reactions: rnzn

Candy Suxx

Oct 11, 2019
I 100% get your point, but you are coming from a mentally healthy perspective. People who are addicted to drugs have very clouded judgment and in linda's case she probably suffers from other issues like depression and even some sort of ptsd from all the shit she went through. It obviously doesn't completely excuse what she did, but at least with the information we have about her now she doesn't seem like a complete monster. Also it's his mom even if what she did is fucked up, people always want to see the good in their relatives especially in their parents.
I know and thats why i said that her ending she should get is not going to prison but a rehabilitation center and help other kids who went through the same stuff and also the fact that A CHOICE should be given to the players , those who feel like forgiving her being a family again can choose that other who feel like she deserves somewhat of punishment and repentance for the heinous shit she knowingly pulled off can choose that .
Everyone's will be satisfied.

Golden Trump

Jul 8, 2021
Yep I would also wish a choice is given for MC to either continue to remain mamma's boy and forgive her for the past or punish let her repent for the pain she caused by I dnt know by excluding and ignoring her permanently or ending all contacts with her and sending her away to some rehabilitation center. As how is the poor girl who on being forced by both mother and Big John ended up getting raped again and again be forgiving that woman who let it happen and i dnt know maybe even enjoyed it as she is mentally sick doesn't matter she did it for the drugs or whatever.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Personally unless it turns out she has been lying to the mc and she actually was enjoying doing all that stuff, I am more inclined to forgive her and help her get better.

OzBrit

Jan 31, 2018
_13_ through Julia's game list recommends "One Summer in Loliwood" by silkydevon, but I can only find it on Pixiv. Anyone know of other sources? would love to check it out?

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
_13_ through Julia's game list recommends "One Summer in Loliwood" by silkydevon, but I can only find it on Pixiv. Anyone know of other sources? would love to check it out?
Discord ShinyDevon has a discord server. If you join mine, there should be a link somewhere.

• Red Heart
Reactions: OzBrit

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Yea drug addiction is a terrible thing. Once dependency kicks in you are not yourself anymore, you will do anything to get it. It's not like she even had the opportunity to seek help and get clean. They kept her on it. People acting like she did these things on her own. I dont think she deserves that hate. Unless its later revealed otherwise I am willing to forgive. I mean... how is it any different from mc, bella, elizabeth who all went through the same shit. At the moment, Mom is just the oldest living victim but apparently that just makes her an accomplice.
I guess we will see how it goes.

Last edited:

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Yea drug addiction is a terrible thing. Once dependency kicks in you are not yourself anymore, you will do anything to get it. It's not like she never had the opportunity to seek help and get clean. They kept her on it. People acting like she did these things on her own. I dont think she deserves that hate. Unless its later revealed otherwise I am willing to forgive. I mean... how is it any different from mc, bella, elizabeth who all went through the same shit. At the moment, Mom is just the oldest living victim but apparently that just makes her an accomplice.
Yeah even in this update. The mc was trying to get her off the drugs and then comes the uncle and gives it to her again. There are only 2 truly evil people in this game right now (potentially 3 if the mc decides to side with small john and the uncle). Linda never stopped being abused since she was a child, even when her husband was alive she was still being abused by her brother.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: OleJackRipper

NekoRush

Aug 25, 2017
Walkthrough / Cheat Mods / Images Fixes (Chap. 4)

So I decided to give this game my Walkthrough, Cheat Mods and Images Fixes treatment starting with Chap. 3.
It is originally based of the work done by Techstar and his Walkthrough mod for Chap. 3 that lists the Alpha and Beta Points in the Option Choices but mine now goes a lot further in context for the Option Choices that need it. Starting with Chap. 4 onward will be just my work. I've also given it my special treatment with my Cheat Mod work (see my changelog) and I fixed the exposure on some of the images that were too dark/under exposed to bring out some detail for those of us not using 1000+ nit monitors.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
Decompress in the same folder as TheFosters.exe.

There are 2 files, One is the Fixed Images and the Second is the Walkthrough/Cheat Mod.
Link Folder:
Mega

View attachment 1563212 View attachment 1563213 View attachment 1563214 View attachment 1563215 View attachment 1563216
Do I need to download ch 3 fixes too or just ch 4?

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Wow! I'm not exactly sure if you meant it that way, but this is probably the best review I've seen of my game.
I do have a way with memes... :LOL:

The game's terrific though, and Lucy in particular is just too fucking cute (sorry Sam, I like you a lot too!). I actually heard those squeals she made in my head when I was asking her out for the date.

...and you know...considering the context and potential dangerous situations in the future I'm actually kinda worried.

Don't DPC housefire us man, seriously. Still fucking pissed about that. God damn useless athletic "perk"...can't even drag 2 90 pound girls along a floor to escape...

Reactions: OzBrit

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Don't DPC housefire us man, seriously. Still fucking pissed about that. God damn useless athletic "perk"...can't even drag 2 90 pound girls along a floor to escape...
That game became infamous because of that one choice. After so many sad stories in the end there needs to be one good ending where the girls are happy.

Last edited:

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
Yea drug addiction is a terrible thing. Once dependency kicks in you are not yourself anymore, you will do anything to get it. It's not like she even had the opportunity to seek help and get clean. They kept her on it. People acting like she did these things on her own. I dont think she deserves that hate. Unless its later revealed otherwise I am willing to forgive. I mean... how is it any different from mc, bella, elizabeth who all went through the same shit. At the moment, Mom is just the oldest living victim but apparently that just makes her an accomplice.
It's fair to want to forgive, and hopefully there is a path that allows MC and the girls to come to that point, but that's not justice. The mom is a culpable adult. Her drug addiction is not a mitigating factor, and though her brother's actions and control over her are mitigating factors, I'd wager she'd receive a mandatory minimum 10-15 year sentence for her crimes even if she fully cooperates. There is plenty of real-life precedence for cases like this.

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
I tried to message you with an offer of a glimpse into the future and asking if you wanted to hear a defense of Linda, but it wouldn't let me. If you want even a hint, DM me.
I'm sure there's still more to tell, and it's certainly your story, but was just providing a real-world perspective. I know that most VNs on this site don't remotely operate based on real-world logic or reason, but your game is attempting to tackle some serious issues (which I commend you for - this is a really tough VN to get through, and must similarly be difficult to create!) that merit more nuanced discussion.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
It's fair to want to forgive, and hopefully there is a path that allows MC and the girls to come to that point, but that's not justice. The mom is a culpable adult. Her drug addiction is not a mitigating factor, and though her brother's actions and control over her are mitigating factors, I'd wager she'd receive a mandatory minimum 10-15 year sentence for her crimes even if she fully cooperates. There is plenty of real-life precedence for cases like this.
She MIGHT get off with psychiatric institutionalization and probation / community service based on testimony and mitigating factors since I strongly suspect the only victims still around to testify against her are Maria and the MC. Of course this is all assuming some sort of non-corrupt law enforcement involvement and dependent on what actually happened to those older girls and her role in their fates.

Based on what we've seen so far though, I'm all for letting her rot somewhere, assuming she survives.
The big issue with her is she's the one fostering the girls and the one that owns the house. If she's removed from play (short of just "disappearing" her in the woods and not telling anyone) the whole situation falls apart. No money, foster family broken up, siblings possibly separated, etc. MC needs a way to "keep the party going" so to speak, which I guess is where the website comes into play.

Anyway whatever happens, we're going to get a chance to icepick uncle shithead in the eye at some point, right? That motherfucker touched Sam, and I swear I will flip this desk over if he touches Lucy. :LOL:

Reactions: Capt OA

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
She MIGHT get off with psychiatric institutionalization and probation / community service based on testimony and mitigating factors since I strongly suspect the only victims still around to testify against her are Maria and the MC. Of course this is all assuming some sort of non-corrupt law enforcement involvement and dependent on what actually happened to those older girls and her role in their fates.

Based on what we've seen so far though, I'm all for letting her rot somewhere, assuming she survives.
The big issue with her is she's the one fostering the girls and the one that owns the house. If she's removed from play (short of just "disappearing" her in the woods and not telling anyone) the whole situation falls apart. No money, foster family broken up, siblings possibly separated, etc. MC needs a way to "keep the party going" so to speak, which I guess is where the website comes into play.

Anyway whatever happens, we're going to get a chance to icepick uncle shithead in the eye at some point, right? That motherfucker touched Sam, and I swear I will flip this desk over if he touches Lucy. :LOL:
Wait ...its her house but it was B.J. that saw the money for fostering ad and started the whole thing. "Linda, get your brother over here(Carson)" which is after they had her hooked on heroine. :unsure:And...they (carson/bj) made sure that the kids were always girls...even went as far as getting them kicked out of their previous houses to pick them up...I dont see how Linda would be responsible for all of that.

Last edited:

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
I see. its still pretty fucked though considering all we know of this story.

3.00 star(s) 40 Votes