Tiredx

Mar 6, 2019
Every time someone talk the game has NTR to me make me really wonder if i shoud avoid the game or not, cuz some of those dudes really beliave a woman sleeping with her husband is wrong cuz he desire her (holy shit think about if his brother has a girlfriend and he must hate her cuz he think she is hot and is not with him ) completly incel mentality

what is completly different if you are giving your time or resources to some girl and she is banging someone else behind your back that to me is being cheated on (unless she said she is not into you and you keep simping like a retard giving her free meals wtf)

let me tell about a game that made me angry cuz there was not NTR tag and i got jumped on
SPOILER

but it was like i say a girl mc was investing his time and she was flirting with the mc and said she was single dammit

is just that some dudes are so unreliable that sometimes a hated character is fucked and people say is NTR hahahaha
Agreed.
It seems to be a trend now but as long as the mc can sleep with a female then if anyone else is seen sleeping with the female its considered by the vanilla faction as NTR. Even if said female works full time as a prostitutes' who the mc has to pay to sleep with.
On another note I absolutely loath the mother, especially after this update.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Forget memory loss its amazing that the mc doesn't have to re-learn to tie his shoes on a daily basis.
But seeing how well he still treats his mother and how he continues to make excuses for her despite her being a monster it's pretty clear that he's got some form of Stockholm's at this point. :(
I'm curious as to the fates of the other kids who aged out of the foster care and how much of what was going on did they know? Especially since it's mentioned that at least one other girl was forced to make "videos" with the mc.
Wonder if she'll ever turn back up in the story at some point? :unsure:

Reactions: _13_

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
Hey guys, I keep getting an exception has occurred message right after the MC is leaving the parent's bedroom and Big John is laying in his puke. I hit ignore, and it goes back to where he is entering the bedroom again. Then it just repeats, I can't get beyond that scene. I've tried lots of downloads from various sites but get the same results.
Can anybody explain what I am doing wrong? I'm kinda new at this, so I'm learning. Thanks for the help.

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
Hey guys, I keep getting an exception has occurred message right after the MC is leaving the parent's bedroom and Big John is laying in his puke. I hit ignore, and it goes back to where he is entering the bedroom again. Then it just repeats, I can't get beyond that scene. I've tried lots of downloads from various sites but get the same results.
Can anybody explain what I am doing wrong? I'm kinda new at this, so I'm learning. Thanks for the help.
Did you start with a save from chapter 1, or did you start fresh with chapter 2? It's possible saves from chapter 1 are giving errors, but I haven't heard that one before.

When it takes you back to the door, if you choose "Knock on the door" and then "Go do something else," what does the game do?

Last edited:

Cinaed

Feb 21, 2019
...Who rapes who?
Who rapes whom*
You can all see that NTR is not listed in the planned tags. I will say that chapter 2 can start with an NTR-ish scene, depending on what you did in chapter 1. NTR isn't my thing, so I doubt this game will have actual NTR content. I'm not going to say absolutely, because one scenario I have thought about for the late game is much closer to NTR than the scene in chapter 2.

The story is guiding me, not the other way around. If the story demands it, I might not be able to deny it, to my own dismay.
Having some NTR as optional paths based on your decisions would be a happy middle ground.

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
The Fosters 0.02b
Fixes an issue which caused Ren'py to crash for some players when using rollback while in a menu.

- -

If you had a problem with rollback in the menus, please try this release.

Last edited:

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I'm starting to get "too" involved in the underpinnings of the game. Much more and I will be required to add it to the games I support! What's one more when one is already contributing to more than thirty, eh? The down side of supporting so many is that it stretches the budget a bit. I wonder who else I can trim....

I've also been conversing with _13_ in other threads, making it even more inevitable.

• Red Heart

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
I'm starting to get "too" involved in the underpinnings of the game. Much more and I will be required to add it to the games I support! What's one more when one is already contributing to more than thirty, eh? The down side of supporting so many is that it stretches the budget a bit. I wonder who else I can trim....

I've also been conversing with _13_ in other threads, making it even more inevitable.
To be honest, I have a subscriber named Dragn who I thought was you. Maybe it is and you forgot!

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
To be honest, I have a subscriber named Dragn who I thought was you. Maybe it is and you forgot!
Nope, not me. I'm Draco59 on Patreon and Subscribestar. I also rename myself Dragon59 on Discord when appropriate (and possible).
EDIT: OK, done.

Last edited:

tazaaron

Donor
Oct 18, 2019
Thought a little on rather posting anything at all because it will be a 50/50 love hate thing. I lean towards the side of story and I'm not bothered by that fetish that sends people out into the streets screaming at the sky. With that said I play this and to me the story screams, well it just don't scream but it teases an actual Beta route. Some story's don't and some do, I mean you have a guy with a secret room videoing the roommates, what else doesn't scream a Alpha and Beta route.

To that end I am somewhat disappointed, I thought the hottest scene was the Sam and Big John one. Without an actual Beta route to go with the Alpha route I don't see anything that sets this apart from other stories. As of now why would anyone take the Beta route.

There's potential here but not enough.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Tiredx

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
Thought a little on rather posting anything at all because it will be a 50/50 love hate thing. I lean towards the side of story and I'm not bothered by that fetish that sends people out into the streets screaming at the sky. With that said I play this and to me the story screams, well it just don't scream but it teases an actual Beta route. Some story's don't and some do, I mean you have a guy with a secret room videoing the roommates, what else doesn't scream a Alpha and Beta route.

To that end I am somewhat disappointed, I thought the hottest scene was the Sam and Big John one. Without an actual Beta route to go with the Alpha route I don't see anything that sets this apart from other stories. As of now why would anyone take the Beta route.

There's potential here but not enough.
Three things are obvious from your post. In your play through: 1. You hid the key (whether you made a copy or not isn't important for this scene), 2. You pushed Lucy to go further and entered the sexual past path, and 3. You had more alpha points than beta points.

Let me ask you a question. Did you try any other combinations of these things? Changing any one of those aspects would change the scene you saw. There are 4 different scenes you can get at the start of chapter 2. Maybe try playing a beta point playthrough and see if you think there's any point in taking that route. The game is still early. Those points will continue to change the player experience.

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
The story is guiding me, not the other way around. If the story demands it, I might not be able to deny it, to my own dismay.
I got some flak for this early statement I made, but while there still won't be any NTR content in this game, I stand by it and wanted to share an example from chapter 2.

On the night of day 2, you can visit Sam and if you had visited her on the first night, you had the opportunity to lay with her in bed. This led to a good night kiss and the option to go further. Well, in my story outline, the kissing led to an extended make out scene and then the MC leaves. As I was writing it, Sam rolled on top of the MC and then next logical thing to happen happened. She felt the MC's erection and couldn't hold herself back from rubbing against it. This led to the first female orgasm of the game (poor Lucy keeps getting interrupted) and forced me to make an animation 'cause I really wanted to see her going at it. If the story wasn't a living thing or I didn't listen to where the story wanted to go, that scene wouldn't have been made, which would be a shame, I really like that scene.

I mentioned this on Twitter when I finished writing the scene, but didn't think to share it here until I was writing a transition scene for chapter 3 and realized that the scene it leads to wasn't going to be what the outline calls for. I think the direction the story is taking is better than I had planned and works perfectly, though I'm sure some won't like it.

Again, no NTR, but the story is still leading me down it's path and not necessarily the roads I had planned.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Again, no NTR, but the story is still leading me down it's path and not necessarily the roads I had planned.
I think some of the best stories develop that way.

That somehow reminds me of the story of the original Phoenix Saga in Marvel Comics. Clairmont and Byrne had a redemption arc for Jean Grey planned, but when they pitched it, it was rejected because of one throw-away panel in the story. Phoenix consumes a star causing the death of a planet's population. As a result, she had to be tried and sentenced in an interstellar court. Phoenix had to die for her crime.

Not quite the same thing as the characters/story guiding the author in unforeseen directions, but a bit of how the story can force the author to move things in a different direction.

Cendash

May 30, 2021
Seeing as the MC looks like a twink, I say let Big John have him.:p
Really? I would say he looks more masculine than two thirds of the MC's out there. The majority are spoon-chested dudes with no signs of being an adult male, except for the WMD peen incongruously added to their creepy, gender-less frames.
At least "Jack" is obviously a young reasonably proportioned dude, who could likely fill-out as he get older, based on his build.

Cendash

May 30, 2021
I can even forgive the little cookie-duster douche-beard.

The MC has no good male mentor (or any adult really) so he is scared of razors, because nobody showed him how to handle sharp objects in general, much less taught him how to shave.

It is pretty common in RL too. Look around. Young guys just don't need to know how to whittle or sharpen an axe, they need to know how to install apps. You think all those millennials think they look better with 47 bristly "Scooby-doo" chin hairs? Naw! They just figure it looks better than bleeding from the face.

• Haha
Reactions: Dragon59 and _13_

おい!

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2018
Really? I would say he looks more masculine than two thirds of the MC's out there. The majority are spoon-chested dudes with no signs of being an adult male, except for the WMD peen incongruously added to their creepy, gender-less frames.
At least "Jack" is obviously a young reasonably proportioned dude, who could likely fill-out as he get older, based on his build.
Tell me how many of those games say this "Will you be able to save your mother, sister, and the foster children who live with you or will you become a victim of Big John?"?:unsure: Maybe you should read the OP again.;)

3.00 star(s) 40 Votes