AK Khan

Mar 14, 2020
View attachment 1297113
The Fosters [v0.02] Walkthrough Mod

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Download: MEGA
If you like the mod and wish to support, do transfer the support to the Dev, .
PS: Do DM me if you found any bug for the Mod.

The mod is tested under the original version of the game.

Screenshot
View attachment 1297050 View attachment 1297051 View attachment 1297052 View attachment 1297053
Which is good alpha or beta?

• Angry
Reactions: Tinuss

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
Which is good alpha or beta?
There's an explanation about the points in the OP. You may want to have multiple playthroughs, since scenes can change depending on your choices and point totals.

Reactions: Raiss54

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
There's an explanation about the points in the OP. You may want to have multiple playthroughs, since scenes can change depending on your choices and point totals.
Just to confirm. Is there any purpose to having a mix of α and ß points? I expect doing so would introduce a lot of extra complexity.

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
Just to confirm. Is there any purpose to having a mix of α and ß points? I expect doing so would introduce a lot of extra complexity.
I'll start reducing options based on extreme levels of a and b points. I might start in chapter 3, but haven't decided yet.

Reactions: Dragon59

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
Did anyone feel that the inclusion of Young Again was overdone? I needed to have Julia playing an incest game for story purposes and Young Again was an obvious choice for me. I had originally written a longer scene, but it was pointed out to me that it might seem too much like a commercial. Hopefully, I found a good balance.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Did anyone feel that the inclusion of Young Again was overdone? I needed to have Julia playing an incest game for story purposes and Young Again was an obvious choice for me. I had originally written a longer scene, but it was pointed out to me that it might seem too much like a commercial. Hopefully, I found a good balance.
I absolutely loved the inclusion of that, especially since I also play Young Again. This type of thing is done all the time in adult games (Love of Magic has several on the MC's laptop, A Family Venture uses Man of the House, etc.). If you want it to come off a little bit less so (like an advertisement), you can always have Julia describe the game but not put a name on it. I don't personally think that's necessary, but it might make some folks happier.

Reactions: _13_ and Tinuss

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I think it was fine. Most games that have someone playing games will show (and usually identify) another dev's work. Sunshine Love has Lexi, but without identification. Parental Love and Lunars Chosen both let you choose from a number of choices. Perhaps a bit too on the nose, some of the characters in The Guardian are playing Proud Father.

CASSD

Sep 6, 2017
So I need clear definitions on the alpha beta points system cause your say how it works but not the way it works

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
To my understanding: "Beta points" are for the Nice Guy choices. "Alpha points" are for the Douchebag choices.
IMO, I don't think that exactly matches up, although certainly sometimes it's right. But, for instance, one of the earlier choices is to talk Lucy into going a bit further with the MC. She clearly wants to, even if she's too shy to take the initiative herself. That gives you something like 10 alpha points, but it's really not like you're raping her or anything. You're not even being an ass about it. You're just suggesting that you'd really like to go further and that she should feel OK with it. Yes, she was unsure about it, but you make her feel so good (emotionally, about herself and being "your girl") and physically (making sure she knows you're not going to go all the way, which she's not ready for). It's definitely more direct and assertive, but I wouldn't really call it being a douchebag . . . unless you're planning on completely dropping her later after you've had sex. I personally don't plan on that, so I think this is an example of an alpha choice the MC could make and still be a decent guy.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
I see a lot of discussion on a and b points.
From what I understand dialogue changes and perhaps scenes changes. In the near future, we may start to lose points because "a < 20, you can't choose this" which may lead to lost scenes.

So far, aside of the occasional scene change or dialogue change, would I be locked out of content if I go too much a or too much b?

In the future, would I be locked out of important choices unless I have very high a or b?

TL;DR: Is a "kinda middle of the road, but more a than b" a viable choice that would get me the most options and content?

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
I see a lot of discussion on a and b points.
From what I understand dialogue changes and perhaps scenes changes. In the near future, we may start to lose points because "a < 20, you can't choose this" which may lead to lost scenes.

So far, aside of the occasional scene change or dialogue change, would I be locked out of content if I go too much a or too much b?

In the future, would I be locked out of important choices unless I have very high a or b?

TL;DR: Is a "kinda middle of the road, but more a than b" a viable choice that would get me the most options and content?
Just this week I wrote the first scenes which use the actual points to determine what you see. One was dialogue (how Maria sees you) and one what a menu choice in response to a question from Elena. In both instances, extreme values were used (60 a points and 30 b points).

So far, points won't lock out content, but it could certainly happen in future chapters. I think there are only two choices which lock out future content. The first was whether you were honest with Lucy about what was in the surveillance room. If you're honest, then starting the second night, Lucy will shower in your room. The second is whether or not you pushed Lucy to do more the first time you made out with her. If you pushed her, then your memories will be sexual, if you didn't they will be about violence.

Everything else can be seen regardless of your choices... Except certain nighttime choices. Spending time with Lucy on the first night can only be done on the first night. The conversations with Linda, Elena, and Julia can only be done the second night. Visiting Sam will be able to be put off, so the first visit could be done on the second or third night, but you might not be able to get all scenes with her before the game ends. Linda is similar; her night one scenes can be done on the second morning. I'm pretty sure her progressive scenes will climax earlier than Sam's, so you have more opportunities to finish them.

My suggestions for night one is Sam and Lucy and visit Linda the morning of day two to get night one options. For night two, I would skip Julia since her short scene doesn't really add anything, but will probably change a little dialogue later.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
If you pushed her, then your memories will be sexual, if you didn't they will be about violence.
I logged to say that the pedo thing was disturbing and ask whether there's a mod that removes the pics at least.
I guess I will load and go with the violence path.

Yes, I know we have been warned, but it is disturbing. Tied my stomach to knots, killed my mood. This is hard stuff there.

EDIT: Pffft, the violence was disturbing, but it is much tamer (for me) compared to the other path. Will I be locked out of Lucy's part if I follow that path?

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Tinuss

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
I logged to say that the pedo thing was disturbing and ask whether there's a mod that removes the pics at least.
I guess I will load and go with the violence path.

Yes, I know we have been warned, but it is disturbing. Tied my stomach to knots, killed my mood. This is hard stuff there.

EDIT: Pffft, the violence was disturbing, but it is much tamer (for me) compared to the other path. Will I be locked out of Lucy's part if I follow that path?
No, Lucy still wants to be with the MC. She's probably grateful that you chose to let her wait. Spend time with her on the first night. Dialogue will be a little different.

3.00 star(s) 40 Votes