Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Every one is talking about the choices with the dude and here I am wondering why the fuck MC can't choose to keep treating that sorry excuse of a"landlady" like the ho she is. Because she obviously deserves it. Instead he keeps that white knight shit going, taking care of the manipulative bitch. BJ should have a third choice for MC to become the supplier.
Supplier of what? Regardless of choice you make, you already turn into his bitch.

Reactions: narnif

narnif

Sep 4, 2017
I do not understand the above-written indignation. There really is a choice and the situation really changes from this choice. And for this I like this game.
If you made the wrong choice. You shouldn't blame the game and the author. This is too selfish in my opinion.
Not sure which things your pointing out, but when you have a system, and have been using it for the vast majority of options available to someone, then you don't use that system to influence the options available at what seems like a place where said system makes the most obvious sense to use, complaints are certainly valid.

Dev set the rules, we play the game. If the rules suddenly change, and you're not informed of that change, the obvious feelings are frustration and anger. Something in the "game" was made "unfair". (for lack of a better term.)

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
I meant that no matter what you choose here :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You always get this :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That definitely shouldn't happen. The code looks fine and was working for me in tests. Hmm... none of my testers mentioned that issue.
For you to see that line would mean that you were honest with Lucy about the cameras and you asked the girls to kiss your dick. Did both Lucy and Sam (individually) come to shower in your room at the end of day 3?

Reactions: TripleZ

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
Supplier of what? Regardless of choice you make, you already turn into his bitch.
Whatever drug she keeps bitching about. With absolute control on how to use it too. She was already beyond redemption but this update made me want to actively fuck her up.

Reactions: narnif

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Whatever drug she keeps bitching about. With absolute control on how to use it too. She was already beyond redemption but this update made me want to actively fuck her up.
It was the big dude that got her hooked on drugs and keep supplying her. It wouldn't make any sense to have a option where the mc end up carry drugs between the big guy and his mom. Drug addiction can turn the best people into do horrible things, they end up slaves of the drug and whoever supplies it. Why where she beyond redemption?

Reactions: xXwankerXx

narnif

Sep 4, 2017
It was the big dude that got her hooked on drugs and keep supplying her. It wouldn't make any sense to have a option where the mc end up carry drugs between the big guy and his mom. Drug addiction can turn the best people into do horrible things, they end up slaves of the drug and whoever supplies it. Why where she beyond redemption?
We don't get an option to stop the cameras and shit, so it would make sense that we would have to keep feeding her addiction, too. There aren't really any options for what we do, just who we interact with.

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
Did you play the update? It clearly shows an active participant, enjoying the situation beyond just doing shit for a fix. And to be honest, I didn't even need that visual, she was already despicable. Drugs aren't an excuse to me. So it makes more sense that MC treats her like she treated him. Karma is a bitch.

It would also be in line with the whole morality system that this game has going on. If every path forces the white knight choice, there is no reason for a morality system.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
maybe because she stood by and watched and allowed big John the abuse her son for so many years and also joined in that abuse, like with Bella grinding on the mc his moms starts getting off on it and playing with herself
You don't really know much about drug addiction do you?

TripleZ

Jun 23, 2017
That definitely shouldn't happen. The code looks fine and was working for me in tests. Hmm... none of my testers mentioned that issue.
For you to see that line would mean that you were honest with Lucy about the cameras and you asked the girls to kiss your dick. Did both Lucy and Sam (individually) come to shower in your room at the end of day 3?
I honestly can't remember. Could i see it through unren's variable viewer ?
I might start a new game altogether and get back to you.

Edit : both 'shower_lucy' and 'shower_sam' are False, if that's any help

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Did you play the update? It clearly shows an active participant, enjoying the situation beyond just doing shit for a fix. And to be honest, I didn't even need that visual, she was already despicable. Drugs aren't an excuse to me. So it makes more sense that MC treats her like she treated him. Karma is a bitch.

It would also be in line with the whole morality system that this game has going on. If every path forces the white knight choice, there is no reason for a morality system.
The mc got feed drugs as well and did things he wouldn't have done without.. Is the mc beyond redemption? Is we just playing a younger version of the big guy going down a sadistic black hole? With current options given us as a player, the mc got no morale or morality. There is no "white knight/redemption" arch..

With interactions you got with the "mom" character. She show regret and feel bad about what she done. You as the player get given no such options for the mc. Sure, you tell that girl you sorry for what did happen between you and her, and the next moment you replace the big dude and carry on in his foot steps..

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
You don't really know much about drug addiction do you?
has nothing to do with me not knowing about drug addiction, she was clearly in a sound mind when she was shown in the flashback allowing her child to be taking advantage of while she got off on it

narnif

Sep 4, 2017
The mc got feed drugs as well and did things he wouldn't have done without.. Is the mc beyond redemption? Is we just playing a younger version of the big guy going down a sadistic black hole? With current options given us as a player, the mc got no morale or morality. There is no "white knight/redemption" arch..
From what I've seen of this update, yeah, we're supposed to be the next BJ, your choices be damned.

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
Is the mc beyond redemption? Is we just playing a younger version of the big guy going down a sadistic black hole?
That would be a surprisingly nuanced plot path for this kind of game. Realistic too, considering the situation

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
has nothing to do with me not knowing about drug addiction, she was clearly in a sound mind when she was shown in the flashback allowing her child to be taking advantage of while she got off on it
As I said, you know NOTHING about drug addiction.. How can you know if someone under the influence of drugs is of "sound mind". On a daily basis you can encounter people that is under the influence of variety of drugs, it doesn't show on the outside. Kick them off the drugs, and watch the withdrawal and the ugly monster surface along with what they would be willing to do to get their next fix. Addicts can be made do all kind of shit, just to avoid get into a stage of withdrawal.

Last edited:

narnif

Sep 4, 2017
That would be a surprisingly nuanced plot path for this kind of game. Realistic too, considering the situation
Normally, if I want "realistic" I'll hang outside my apartment and just watch and listen to my neighbors continue to make self-destructive choices.

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
I honestly can't remember. Could i see it through unren's variable viewer ?
I might start a new game altogether and get back to you.

Edit : both 'shower_lucy' and 'shower_sam' are False, if that's any help
It's looking at the "honest" and "sam_comfortable" flags for that scene.

Reactions: TripleZ

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Consider the talk and interaction you had with the girls about you where going to deal with the big guy. I don't find it realistic, you set yourself up to be the villain. You can't be a hero, and you can't even become a "anti hero" arch type.

narnif

Sep 4, 2017
Consider the talk and interaction you had with the girls about you where going to deal with the big guy. I don't find it realistic, you set yourself up to be the villain. You can't be a hero, and you can't even become a "anti hero" arch type.
Yeah, the entire setup and story are rather fantastical. The entire premise requires that prologue sequence to lay the foundation of how any of this is actually taking place. Realistic would be you're the son of BJ, and you're going to inherit his portion of a sex-trafficking operation and you would be training the girls more, and drop the whole illusion of being Mr. Niceguy.

Reactions: ohhaiguize
3.00 star(s) 40 Votes