YaYa_UnTIN2

Misunderstood Thinker
Donor
Dec 19, 2017
Hi 13,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Good luck with the game. (y)

P.S. I'm bound to get some facepalms for my post (don't care), as there are many who cannot comprehend artful, descriptive speech.

Reactions: Blargher and _13_

Profound_Madman

Dec 3, 2019
would be much more interesting to play as the girl instead of the guy.
Then we could try to fight off 'big john' and only succeed in annoying him a lot and then need to be 'punished'. I feel like that would be much more entertaining.

(facepalm if you like this idea!)
That would make the game worse not better lol

Reactions: TurtleKing9000

ijako3

Sep 6, 2017
I feel like this one should have "loli" tag, i know that dev said they are "developed" but don't fool me, they are clearly bodywise and facewise really young, pretty much underaged artistically looking characters that just fit under loli category.

besides that i enjoy more darker story, female models are mostly not my cup of tea besides the milf but overall still not much to tell after first version.

Last edited:

drhotrod

Aug 18, 2019
I feel like this one should have "loli" tag, i know that dev said they are "developed" but don't fool me, they are clearly bodywise and facewise really young, pretty much underaged artistically looking characters that just fit under loli category.

besides that i enjoy more darker story, female models are mostly not my cup of tea besides the milf but overall still not much to tell after first version.
Dev is either confused or sending confusing messages. Leaving the sister out, all the other girls are under 18 years old, because as indicated in the story, as soon as the foster kid turns 18, they get kicked out. That would therefore make the current group lolis.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
_13_ I played your game the other day and forgot to properly talk about it. Where do I think it stands?

:D

I enjoyed it! It's shortish, but longer than some other VN's i've played. The main established cast is likeable enough. They have unique looks which I appreciate. The girl, I think Lucy, looks a bit off sometimes. She's sweet don't get me wrong, but she has weird faces. I like what you did with Maria. I don't know if she's supposed to be Mexican, for sure Latina, but I think she's captured pretty well. As a Mexican American myself I appreciated the touch :) I wish there was a bit more struggle with her then instantly forgiving MC, but maybe we can still find something engaging with Maria in the future. Still, why am I complaining, I'd rather good things happen to characters than bad things :D I don't remember most of the other girls, i only played it once after all, but I love that while it's not as dark as it could be, you still made it pretty realistic with abusers. Big John for example, it may be a way for people to not get SUPER triggered on this site or whatever, but having Big John not actually touching the girls is pretty good because some sexual predators aren't into children, but they love the pain they cause in people in general. Big John might have enjoyed their pain and enjoyed watching Linda's suffering with her and her child abusing her daughters. It's dark for sure, but it could have been a Coming Home Is Never Easy situation and have all of your characters get raped as children:(

I thought the dynamic of the MC and the characters was good. Though given what happens with the MC in the story, is Maria and MC oldest? Or do the others not remember what happened? Anyway, a critique is that the sexual things between Lucy is a little fast to be honest. Not a huge problem, especially if you intended it that way, it just felt a bit fast for me. I like the weight the story is having on the characters. I feel that characters get a sad backstory sometimes and ALL of us in the audience have to suffer it and then the author forgets that dark thread and it didn't really matter. A character got in a car crash where their legs and arms were crushed and they reconstructed a part of their face and was forced to 8 years grueling rehab? Oh well, MC said she was pretty so she's happy. Did she get abused by 3 men dressed as clowns on video in front of the whole school? The MC said he's on her side so she's gonna be fine right? In this game, these things aren't forgotten. Well, at least for the Mom. She is clearly haunted by her decisions and she should be. However, I hope the MC's journey to helping her overcome it can be a satisfying and well earned one :D Good job DEV!

For the people out there that have a particular opinion on this game listen right now:

This game does have dark themes, if you are NOT into child trauma (phrased badly I admit, I doubt anyone likes that) I'll tell you what it entails and you can make your judgement call. It also includes drug addiction. Essentially, the MC and his sisters were forced at a young age to engage in actions to satisfy the urges of Big John aka the antagonist. The actions so far revealed are making the MC spank his sisters, beat them with punches and it's hinted that he gave them oral sex. Big John would pleasure himself in the corner or whatever cause he likes sadistic shit. From MY understanding Big John HAS NOT touched any of the girls. The MC is so traumatized that he's blocked basically all of it away. Only the older girls remember it and one of them is resentful to the MC. It happened in part because of the Mom. She had a fucked up life and got addicted to drugs because of it. She allowed Big John to do these things and she is now VERY VERY VERY guilt ridden because of it. It looks like MC will be able to help her with her problems in the near future. She's ashamed :(

Another controversial note, it has a Love Interest, the Mom, live for years as the antagonist Big John's "partner." HOWEVER, it doesn't go beyond that in the current game. You DON'T see ANY scenes with her and him and if you wanna read on, I think I have good idea of what will happen. ALSO, SPOILERS AHEAD! I'll try to be general rather than specific unless I need to. Basically, Mom had something bad happen, she knew someone that knew Big John and he maybe got her addicted to drugs. She needed more, he came up with this idea to use her and her kids to get money from the government. When the Mom wasn't able to pay for the drugs she needed he escalated the relationship to get what "he wanted." Now, NONE of this is shown and by the time of the main plot, it seems he's a little more "passive" if you catch my drift. He hasn't done anything sexual to Linda (Mom) in years. He's just abusive. The MC will be able to help her and NOTHING else will happen again. The Dev promises that he sees little to no reason to add it (Dev don't do it :) ) and regardless, if you choose to save Linda, you'll NEVER see it no matter what.

On a final note: We in the community appreciate when the Dev can just come clean about certain tags we hate. We know that it's your game. We're not trying to dictate your content, we are really not. We just want to know what direction you're going. Not the story, just the tags. There is a website online where you can find out when a certain scene appears in a film. So basically, you can filter out scenes based on what you are sensitive to. There is even a website dedicated ONLY to telling you if a dog dies. Some people can't handle it. WOAH! I didn't know how big that site got! I saw this website in like 2012 and it didn't have all that. Haha, now it tells you whatever triggers. Anyway, it helps to know ahead of time, if only to steel ourselves!
Thanks for the game. Can't wait for the new update!

Last edited:

LordOtto

Apr 1, 2020
_13_ I played your game the other day and forgot to properly talk about it. Where do I think it stands?

:D

I enjoyed it! It's shortish, but longer than some other VN's i've played. The main established cast is likeable enough. They have unique looks which I appreciate. The girl, I think Lucy, looks a bit off sometimes. She's sweet don't get me wrong, but she has weird faces. I like what you did with Maria. I don't know if she's supposed to be Mexican, for sure Latina, but I think she's captured pretty well. As a Mexican American myself I appreciated the touch :) I wish there was a bit more struggle with her then instantly forgiving MC, but maybe we can still find something engaging with Maria in the future. Still, why am I complaining, I'd rather good things happen to characters than bad things :D I don't remember most of the other girls, i only played it once after all, but I love that while it's not as dark as it could be, you still made it pretty realistic with abusers. Big John for example, it may be a way for people to not get SUPER triggered on this site or whatever, but having Big John not actually touching the girls is pretty good because some sexual predators aren't into children, but they love the pain they cause in people in general. Big John might have enjoyed their pain and enjoyed watching Linda's suffering with her and her child abusing her daughters. It's dark for sure, but it could have been a Coming Home Is Never Easy situation and have all of your characters get raped as children:(

I thought the dynamic of the MC and the characters was good. Though given what happens with the MC in the story, is Maria and MC oldest? Or do the others not remember what happened? Anyway, a critique is that the sexual things between Lucy is a little fast to be honest. Not a huge problem, especially if you intended it that way, it just felt a bit fast for me. I like the weight the story is having on the characters. I feel that characters get a sad backstory sometimes and ALL of us in the audience have to suffer it and then the author forgets that dark thread and it didn't really matter. A character got in a car crash where their legs and arms were crushed and they reconstructed a part of their face and was forced to 8 years grueling rehab? Oh well, MC said she was pretty so she's happy. Did she get abused by 3 men dressed as clowns on video in front of the whole school? The MC said he's on her side so she's gonna be fine right? In this game, these things aren't forgotten. Well, at least for the Mom. She is clearly haunted by her decisions and she should be. However, I hope the MC's journey to helping her overcome it can be a satisfying and well earned one :D Good job DEV!

For the people out there that have a particular opinion on this game listen right now:

This game does have dark themes, if you are NOT into child trauma (phrased badly I admit, I doubt anyone likes that) I'll tell you what it entails and you can make your judgement call. It also includes drug addiction. Essentially, the MC and his sisters were forced at a young age to engage in actions to satisfy the urges of Big John aka the antagonist. The actions so far revealed are making the MC spank his sisters, beat them with punches and it's hinted that he gave them oral sex. Big John would pleasure himself in the corner or whatever cause he likes sadistic shit. From MY understanding Big John HAS NOT touched any of the girls. The MC is so traumatized that he's blocked basically all of it away. Only the older girls remember it and one of them is resentful to the MC. It happened in part because of the Mom. She had a fucked up life and got addicted to drugs because of it. She allowed Big John to do these things and she is now VERY VERY VERY guilt ridden because of it. It looks like MC will be able to help her with her problems in the near future. She's ashamed :(

Another controversial note, it has a Love Interest, the Mom, live for years as the antagonist Big John's "partner." HOWEVER, it doesn't go beyond that in the current game. You DON'T see ANY scenes with her and him and if you wanna read on, I think I have good idea of what will happen. ALSO, SPOILERS AHEAD! I'll try to be general rather than specific unless I need to. Basically, Mom had something bad happen, she knew someone that knew Big John and he maybe got her addicted to drugs. She needed more, he came up with this idea to use her and her kids to get money from the government. When the Mom wasn't able to pay for the drugs she needed he escalated the relationship to get what "he wanted." Now, NONE of this is shown and by the time of the main plot, it seems he's a little more "passive" if you catch my drift. He hasn't done anything sexual to Linda (Mom) in years. He's just abusive. The MC will be able to help her and NOTHING else will happen again. The Dev promises that he sees little to no reason to add it (Dev don't do it :) ) and regardless, if you choose to save Linda, you'll NEVER see it no matter what.

On a final note: We in the community appreciate when the Dev can just come clean about certain tags we hate. We know that it's your game. We're not trying to dictate your content, we are really not. We just want to know what direction you're going. Not the story, just the tags. There is a website online where you can find out when a certain scene appears in a film. So basically, you can filter out scenes based on what you are sensitive to. There is even a website dedicated ONLY to telling you if a dog dies. Some people can't handle it. WOAH! I didn't know how big that site got! I saw this website in like 2012 and it didn't have all that. Haha, now it tells you whatever triggers. Anyway, it helps to know ahead of time, if only to steel ourselves!
Thanks for the game. Can't wait for the new update!
I guess you may have missed this sense the child abuse can play out differently due to your choices if you decided to push Lucy to have sex the child abuse plays out different. Super differently, instead of Linda and Big John (mostly big john) having you beat up and spank the foster kids you engaged in sexual acts with them and your mother. these acts range from you and the foster kids being forced to play naked with each other, to being forced to touch each other, to oral sex and rape. So you choices can affect what abuse occurs and in my opinion make the abuse way worse for the people involved.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
I guess you may have missed this sense the child abuse can play out differently due to your choices if you decided to push Lucy to have sex the child abuse plays out different. Super differently, instead of Linda and Big John (mostly big john) having you beat up and spank the foster kids you engaged in sexual acts with them and your mother. these acts range from you and the foster kids being forced to play naked with each other, to being forced to touch each other, to oral sex and rape. So you choices can affect what abuse occurs and in my opinion make the abuse way worse for the people involved.
Hmm, I didn't see it that way. If that's the case, I suppose that's kinda weird to interesting. I saw it that you learn more from doing different things. For example, I did choose to pressure Lucy at first and then I went back for my main path. I didn't see it that way.

Can _13_ confirm? Do things play out differently or are they the same you just find out more or less in each path?

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
_13_ I like what you did with Maria. I don't know if she's supposed to be Mexican, for sure Latina, but I think she's captured pretty well. As a Mexican American myself I appreciated the touch :)
I'm glad you've enjoyed the game so far. And I really liked your post. I wanted to discuss Maria a little bit. Yes, she and her sister Julia are from Mexico, and we'll find out more of their story as we go along. Elena is from further south, but it won't really play a part in her story, as we'll also find out as we go along. And if you're interested, Linda is also Latina, but Jack and Sam's father was white.

Remember, Maria hasn't forgiven Jack. She wants to and she wants to trust him, but he has to earn that. Decisions you make will affect her trust in you. And not just decisions with her, she hears and sees thing in the house.

I would like to know, from you or someone who is fluent in Spanish (which I'm not), how was her part? Did her Spanish make sense? Was it the way people talk or did it sound funny? I basically did Google Translate, but I want it to be natural. I grew up in Texas (perhaps where the game takes place) with a lot of Latinx kids and I used to know all the cuss words and phrases, but that was many years ago.

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
Hmm, I didn't see it that way. If that's the case, I suppose that's kinda weird to interesting. I saw it that you learn more from doing different things. For example, I did choose to pressure Lucy at first and then I went back for my main path. I didn't see it that way.

Can _13_ confirm? Do things play out differently or are they the same you just find out more or less in each path?
If you push Lucy to go further, the flashbacks and story are about sexual abuse. If you stop when Lucy asks to, the flashbacks and story are about physical abuse. The basic story will remain the same, but the imagery and descriptions will be for either sexual or physical abuse, depending on the path you're on.. That is currently the biggest single choice in the game, and it affects parts of several scenes. The final paths are more based on your cumulative choices, but that choice will be felt throughout the game. Players may want to have a save for both choices.

Another current big choice is what you did with the key. That choice could come back to haunt you in chapter 2. Depending on what you did, there was already a difference in what Julia told you happened when she was cleaning. What other consequences could there be?

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
It's usually better to have someone who is fluent in Spanish translate the lines for you as using something like google translator is just about as effective as throwing a bag full of bloody meat overboard for someone to grab onto instead of a floatation device. Text can become a bloody mess very quickly.

Zargon_games

Creating Games
Game Developer
Jan 22, 2020
Good luck with your project! I'm really glad you were able to publish chapter 1 and I will certainly try it as soon as I can.

From what I read in the previous comments there is a latino character, so if you need to translate something to spanish let me know.

• Hey there
Reactions: _13_

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
Good luck with your project! I'm really glad you were able to publish chapter 1 and I will certainly try it as soon as I can.

From what I read in the previous comments there is a latino character, so if you need to translate something to spanish let me know.
There are several, actually. I don't know why I didn't think to ask you about a translation. I'll definitely reach out.

3.00 star(s) 40 Votes