Ren'Py Abandoned The Fox Goddess's Village Rework [v0.13a] [Master Hyo]

3.50 star(s) 6 Votes

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
hi thanks. I will change these things as soon as possible!
Just pls don't change the breast size. Giant breasts that won't stay in a woman's shirt is super common, especially with this anime art style in games. :)

But seriously, this is your game, so do it how you'd like. I think it's great that you're open to suggestions and criticism, but ultimately make sure it's something you're happy with. I would hate to have you burn out creating a game that is someone else's dream instead of your own.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Hey, guys. The creator here. Thanks for the feedback. This is really just a very early version of the game (calling it a beta is already kinda too much). I have absolutely no experience programming anything and even my experience with gaming or the like is pretty limited. So please cut me some slack and tell me what to change so I can improve.

There will be sex (most likely in the next update) and most likely any other type of content (once I get around to doing this). Please keep in mind that this is what I came up after four days of non-stop work, there is bound to be a lot of mistakes and I will have to rework some of what you see right now. All of this will happen with time.

ALSO: I do not own any rights to the backgrounds used. So, if someone could provide some royalty free backgrounds I would be ETERNALLY thankful to whoever does that!

I will most likely have the next update ready by Sunday (some fixes and one or two new events). Once again thanks for everything. I hope you can enjoy this!
Here are some places for royalty-free backgrounds you might consider.
  • Painting Valley:
  • Pixabay:
  • Possibly anything by Shuho Sato: — you'll want to read it and investigate carefully for yourself to be sure

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I'm British. We use 'Proof-reader' (as I last learnt proof-reading, though things get Americanised)...
I thought that might be the case, so I looked it up prior to posting. The Oxford Living Dictionary appears to disagree. Compare, for instance, with . There is no hyphen when using the British-spelling entries, and there is no alternative American version of the spelling presented for the "proofread" entry as there is for the entry for "colour". Perhaps the O.L.D. is simply a poor source for British spelling.

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
I thought that might be the case, so I looked it up prior to posting. The Oxford Living Dictionary appears to disagree. Compare, for instance, with . There is no hyphen when using the British-spelling entries, and there is no alternative American version of the spelling presented for the "proofread" entry as there is for the entry for "colour". Perhaps the O.L.D. is simply a poor source for British spelling.
Yeah, perhaps I'm behind the times, though according to , it's still in valid usage. Perhaps I'll update my image.

Still has no reflection on my prior comment though, which is absolutely invalid... (And which I note has been corrected)...

Reactions: passiveDragon

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Yeah, perhaps I'm behind the times, though according to , it's still in valid usage. Perhaps I'll update my image.

Still has no reflection on my prior comment though, which is absolutely invalid... (And which I note has been corrected)...
It's hard in a forum post to convey intent, so I should explain that I was in no way trying to critique anything you've posted. I had noticed the hyphen, thought perhaps it might be spelled differently in British English, looked up the entry in a couple of places, and then posted my comment. I thought perhaps you were using a program to create the image and it had inserted a hyphen that you hadn't noticed or something. In any case, it was intended simply as a friendly suggestion. :)

Out of curiosity, I've noted that some reviewers on this site will use ellipses instead of a full stop at the end of a sentence. Is this typical in British punctuation? I had thought it was just overuse of the punctuation mark, but now it seems I may just be unaware of that usage. In American punctuation, it should never be used unless it indicates quoted text is skipped, there is an excessively lengthy pause during speech / thought, or a sentence isn't completed because the speaker / writer gets lost in thought.

Last edited:
Reactions: passiveDragon

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
[VN] [Ren'Py] The Fox God's Village [v0.1 Beta] [Master Hyo]
It's hard in a forum post to convey intent, so I should explain that I was in no way trying to critique anything you've posted. I had noticed the hyphen, though perhaps it might be spelled differently in British English, looked up the entry in a couple of places, and then posted my comment. I thought perhaps you were using a program to create the image and it had inserted a hyphen that you hadn't noticed or something. In any case, it was intended simply as a friendly suggestion. :)

Out of curiosity, I've noted that some reviewers on this site will use ellipses instead of a full stop at the end of a sentence. Is this typical in British punctuation? I had thought it was just overuse of the punctuation mark, but now it seems I may just be unaware of that usage. In American punctuation, it should never be used unless it indicates quoted text is skipped, there is an excessively lengthy pause during speech / thought, or a sentence isn't completed because the speaker / writer gets lost in thought.
No, the image was created very much by hand in Microsoft Paint.

And also, yes, we tend to use the informal version of the ellipsis (tri-points) quite commonly. I suppose it's the difference between American forthrightness and British reservedness. It leaves the statement open... If you see what I just did.

Last edited:

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Interesting history on the word Proofreader.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
The Oxford Dictionary is the only source for correct English spelling. Just as Webster's is for American.

On a side note, British and English are not the same thing. English refers to the country of England as well as it's native tongue. British refers to the island of Great Britain which contains the countries of England, Scotland, and Wales. One can be British but not English, however one cannot be English and not British. It's a pet peeve of mine people using British when they mean English.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
No, the image was created very much by hand in Microsoft Paint.

And also, yes, we tend to use the informal version of the ellipsis (tri-points) quite commonly. I suppose it's the difference between American forthrightness and British reservedness. It leaves the statement open... If you see what I just did.
I'm not sure whether I understand why a statement should be left "open" (or what that even means really), but I'll file it under "Differences between British and American English" and leave it at that. Would you say the commonality of that use is such that virtually every sentence in a review of well over 500 words could easily end with the ellipses and not be overdoing it?

The Oxford Dictionary is the only source for correct English spelling. Just as Webster's is for American.

On a side note, British and English are not the same thing. English refers to the country of England as well as it's native tongue. British refers to the island of Great Britain which contains the countries of England, Scotland, and Wales. One can be British but not English, however one cannot be English and not British. It's a pet peeve of mine people using British when they mean English.
If you are talking about political divisions, that's true. However, "British English" is generally used (by Americans, at least) to specify differences in spelling, pronunciation, punctuation, and so forth used by English-speakers in England, Ireland, Wales, Scotland, etc. It's a reference to the British Isles, not a nationality or ethnicity.

In any case, this game could use a friendly editor's hand, so I'm sure someone's services (not mine) would be appreciated. :D

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
I'm not sure whether I understand why a statement should be left "open" (or what that even means really), but I'll file it under "Differences between British and American English" and leave it at that. Would you say the commonality of that use is such that virtually every sentence in a review of well over 500 words could easily end with the ellipses and not be overdoing it?
Let's imagine a ball is either black or white, no other option is available.

You might say "It's black".
I might say "It's white...".

This leaves me wiggle room for opening further debate on it. Or perhaps making my reservations on my convictions known. Maybe my eyesight is not what it once was. Perhaps my teachers played a cruel trick on me and taught me the opposite colours. Maybe the angle of the light is weird, or the sun is in my eyes.

That kinda thing, but mentally...

(And no, using it after every sentence is not the usual... But I've Seen American Reviewers Capitalise Every Word. Is This Not Overuse?)

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 6 Votes