sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
I am a noob in computers so can you tell what codecs are.
Also, I played treasure of Nadia and lust epidemic without any problems
A codec is a device or computer program which encodes or decodes a data stream or signal :geek:

That being said I'm not sure what this helps if you are a noob... you can try to update the K-Lite codec pack ( doubt this would crash it... as far as I remember it results in black screens during video streams ) if it's an overheat problem first thing to check is BIOS and chipset driver update... if they are up to date then I'd recommend not to mess with it !!! :eek:

Alternate solution can be to download CoreTemp... but if your rig is an older model then it's all about a hardware problem which is... back to basics... get a stronger rig :LOL:

Ddgan yuplop

Oct 9, 2018
A codec is a program (screw you app freaks) that reads movie files in this case (hence the name : code/decode). Open your TGO folder and then get into /www/movies/ and try loading any of them. If your PC/whatever/lolphone crashes and burns, you got your answer. If it plays fine, your game got fuckered somehow and you'll probably need to get it again.
The movies play fine and I installed the game multiple times, IDK what else to do.
I guess something doesn't want me to play the game

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Anyone else has the problem of the game crashing during the video parts. I attached an error message which may be the cause.
Does anyone know how to fix that?
Thanks in advance
i get this too but at the gamestart , but for my part i just click ok and ignore it
games goes on

edit :
a little research told me this : the rpg maker is using a old version of nw.js blah blah
so its not on your end - you may played a game that uses a higher version of rpg maker nw.js
thats why you get this error message
has nothing to do with drivers etc

Last edited:

Ddgan yuplop

Oct 9, 2018
A codec is a device or computer program which encodes or decodes a data stream or signal :geek:

That being said I'm not sure what this helps if you are a noob... you can try to update the K-Lite codec pack ( doubt this would crash it... as far as I remember it results in black screens during video streams ) if it's an overheating problem first thing to check is BIOS and chipset driver update... if they are up to date then I'd recommend not to mess with it !!! :eek:

Alternate solution can be to download CoreTemp... but if your rig is an older model then it's all about a hardware problem which is... back to basics... get a stronger rig :LOL:
My laptop has an 11th gen i7 1165 and like 16 gig of ram and it plays other games from this creator like TON and lust epidemic, so IDK y this game doesn't run

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
My laptop has an 11th gen i7 1165 and like 16 gig of ram and it plays other games from this creator like TON and lust epidemic, so IDK y this game doesn't run
It would maaaybeee help your case if you would paste here the error message... :LOL: Just an idea... 2a9061a80882d8105b0d6066798e81fe.gif

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ZenGarden

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
  • Haha
Reactions: Borel and JoeKent

44Tom

Oct 19, 2018
I have CoreTemp installed on my rig, what should I be looking for with it?

Raistln

Oct 24, 2021
I am a noob in computers so can you tell what codecs are.
Also, I played treasure of Nadia and lust epidemic without any problems
I would do as Omnikuken suggested and go into your GenesisOrder in www/movies folder and try to play a video from there first. If it doesn't play then download a video codec pack and it should be fine. Windows does not have preinstalled allot of codecs that are widely used because of source code licensing and need to be installed through programs like K-Lite or other programs that contain those video codecs.

If it does play then there is another reason, heats not it. If heat was the issue, your laptop would shutdown and not simply give you an error and crash your game.

At that point, and I know this sucks, I would suggest trying to download the full game, not the update or compressed version, and try that. If you use a download link with a per day file limit, make sure you have enough left so that it does not have to pause and resume later.

Using a laptop, heat is always a concern, so clean it regularly and it should not be an issue.
You could deep clean it, take the heatsink off and replace the thermal paste, but that's something you need to either take to tech or you can do it yourself (videos all over youtube) just be careful they're easy to break.

As for needing to upgrade your laptop, that's hard to tell without the laptop specs like model #, cpu, and gpu information.

PhineasFlynn

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2020
I would do as Omnikuken suggested and go into your GenesisOrder in www/movies folder and try to play a video from there first. If it doesn't play then download a video codec pack and it should be fine. Windows does not have preinstalled allot of codecs that are widely used because of source code licensing and need to be installed through programs like K-Lite or other programs that contain those video codecs.

If it does play then there is another reason, heats not it. If heat was the issue, your laptop would shutdown and not simply give you an error and crash your game.

At that point, and I know this sucks, I would suggest trying to download the full game, not the update or compressed version, and try that. If you use a download link with a per day file limit, make sure you have enough left so that it does not have to pause and resume later.

Using a laptop, heat is always a concern, so clean it regularly and it should not be an issue.
You could deep clean it, take the heatsink off and replace the thermal paste, but that's something you need to either take to tech or you can do it yourself (videos all over youtube) just be careful they're easy to break.

As for needing to upgrade your laptop, that's hard to tell without the laptop specs like model #, cpu, and gpu information.
I have more ten years old low cost potato laptop.
Best speedup and heat upgrade is unscrew it and remove that layer of dust around the fan that looks like foam.
;)

3.70 star(s) 233 Votes