Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Well, did my first playthrough and feel a bit underwelmed... story is a bit thin for now... you're more running around doing the odd job and tasks than anything else. And for the most part it seems to be just a continuation of ToN... getting the hots for a couple of milfs, getting it on with the woman in your path... same mechanics as ToN... Where LE and ToN where quite different, the love potion forming the link, TGO feels too much like ToN with a not too different story. Actually didn't expect that after having watched the trailer. I know, I know, it's still much in the beginning stages, so lets hope it won't become just a ToN part 2.
I've had the same impression, but I think it's due to the fact that we are in the early stages to see real differences yet. :)
Don't you dudes worry, once the mom gets into the game, it'll be over 9000% better

Ddgan yuplop

Oct 9, 2018
Yeah, that is not causing your issue. What DOES happen? Black screen with sound, absolutely nothing, or other?
The movies starts to play and after like couple of seconds the screen freezes(not a black screen) and the windows error pops up(the game is not responding)

Ddgan yuplop

Oct 9, 2018
I would do as Omnikuken suggested and go into your GenesisOrder in www/movies folder and try to play a video from there first. If it doesn't play then download a video codec pack and it should be fine. Windows does not have preinstalled allot of codecs that are widely used because of source code licensing and need to be installed through programs like K-Lite or other programs that contain those video codecs.

If it does play then there is another reason, heats not it. If heat was the issue, your laptop would shutdown and not simply give you an error and crash your game.

At that point, and I know this sucks, I would suggest trying to download the full game, not the update or compressed version, and try that. If you use a download link with a per day file limit, make sure you have enough left so that it does not have to pause and resume later.

Using a laptop, heat is always a concern, so clean it regularly and it should not be an issue.
You could deep clean it, take the heatsink off and replace the thermal paste, but that's something you need to either take to tech or you can do it yourself (videos all over youtube) just be careful they're easy to break.

As for needing to upgrade your laptop, that's hard to tell without the laptop specs like model #, cpu, and gpu information.
I am playing the full game and the movies play outside the game and I don't think it's a heating issue because the Coretemp app shows that the CPU goes up to 55C max while playing the game.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
The movies starts to play and after like couple of seconds the screen freezes(not a black screen) and the windows error pops up(the game is not responding)
I am playing the full game and the movies play outside the game and I don't think it's a heating issue because the Coretemp app shows that the CPU goes up to 55C max while playing the game.
How much RAM do you have and do you play (until you get a scene and burn) for long ? You might be getting a memory leak (common in older RPGMV builds)

KarloB1990

Aug 20, 2019
Quick question.
The last version I downloaded was .07011.
Was there an update between the one I downloaded and the current .12021?
And if so could someone help with a link to download the uptade that I'm missing?
Thank you for the reply and for any help.

Ddgan yuplop

Oct 9, 2018
How much RAM do you have and do you play (until you get a scene and burn) for long ? You might be getting a memory leak (common in older RPGMV builds)
8 gigs of ram and it only crashes during a movie scene so it may be immediate or like 15 min if there are no movie scenes in-between

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
8 gigs of ram and it only crashes during a movie scene so it may be immediate or like 15 min if there are no movie scenes in-between
I dunno how many NW-s and RPGMakers are on your rig but try to relocate them temporarily somewhere else and let's see if this problem keeps up...

Last edited:

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
If it's ONLY during movie scenes, then one would think this leads to a corrupted codec on your system OR a conflict in the webkit (NW.js is short for Node Webkit).

Since you CAN play the videos outside of the game, I would lean towards the NW.js conflict, but that doesn't mean something isn't working right between them for some reason.

It's way easier to just update the K-Lite pack, which you can get from . That's a 60Mb d/l for the mega pack just to be all encompassing, but I've normally been OK with the standard pack (33Mb from ). These were both updated 2022/01/30.

If after that, you still get the nw.js error, try these steps (originally provided by sixart): HERE.

If that doesn't work, check your programs/apps for node.js, and uninstall it (unless you actually use it), then try the game again.

Try these in order, and once something works (or doesn't, hopefully not), let us know.

Abduxuel

Jun 26, 2021
If it's not the OS having driver or codec problems - you don't mention which OS you are using I believe - it could be a faulty or mismatched nwjs ffmpeg.dll causing your problems. (Stuttering video, out of sync video and freeze ups are some of the symptoms with such a problem.) To test for this best thing to do would be to download a recent version of NW.js suitable for your OS (probably Windows 64-bit Normal) from here:

And a matching version of ffmpeg.dll from here:

(The one that come with nwjs doesn't work with mpeg-4 videos.)

Unzip your new nwjs and copy your new ffmpeg.dll into the new nwjs folder replacing the original. Then copy the www folder and package.json file from your original game into the nwjs folder and run the game in the usual way, i.e., execute Game.exe and see what happens. (Game.exe should default to ffmpeg.dll most immediate.) Not all versions of nwjs work with TGO. I think version 0.55.0 and matching ffmpeg.dll are compatible but you might like to try the latest versions first to see if they do the business.

Last edited:

Slvh

Nov 19, 2018
Quick question.
The last version I downloaded was .07011.
Was there an update between the one I downloaded and the current .12021?
And if so could someone help with a link to download the uptade that I'm missing?
Thank you for the reply and for any help.
I believe we had a .09(something) between those two, but I don't have it unfortunately.
Either way, why would you want an older version when you have the most recent .12021 ?

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
I believe we had a .09(something) between those two, but I don't have it unfortunately.
Either way, why would you want an older version when you have the most recent .12021 ?
For now it doesn't matter much since the game is small, but it's (somewhat) easier to download a few ~250MB updates than to get the whole ~3-4GB complete game (ToN was over 9GB once v100 came out)

Reactions: Slvh

Slvh

Nov 19, 2018
For now it doesn't matter much since the game is small, but it's (somewhat) easier to download a few ~250MB updates than to get the whole ~3-4GB complete game (ToN was over 9GB once v100 came out)
Ahhhh, yeah that makes sense. Tyty, didn't click in my head before

Ddgan yuplop

Oct 9, 2018
If it's ONLY during movie scenes, then one would think this leads to a corrupted codec on your system OR a conflict in the webkit (NW.js is short for Node Webkit).

Since you CAN play the videos outside of the game, I would lean towards the NW.js conflict, but that doesn't mean something isn't working right between them for some reason.

It's way easier to just update the K-Lite pack, which you can get from . That's a 60Mb d/l for the mega pack just to be all encompassing, but I've normally been OK with the standard pack (33Mb from ). These were both updated 2022/01/30.

If after that, you still get the nw.js error, try these steps (originally provided by sixart): HERE.

If that doesn't work, check your programs/apps for node.js, and uninstall it (unless you actually use it), then try the game again.

Try these in order, and once something works (or doesn't, hopefully not), let us know.
I did the steps provided by sixart and it seems to have fixed the issue.
I played the game for 20 min in high-quality vid and still so crash and hoping it doesn't.
Thank you for your help and I will get back if it crashes later(Hopefully not)

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
I did the steps provided by sixart and it seems to have fixed the issue.
I played the game for 20 min in high-quality vid and still so crash and hoping it doesn't.
Thank you for your help and I will get back if it crashes later(Hopefully not)
Glad to hear you got it working. I'm surprised that error was causing that problem, but... Winblows.

Shout out to sixart for the advice from so long ago (when he was kinder, gentler and unbroken :p)

randommal3

Oct 14, 2018
I see that they put Incest patch for this game.
But I'm not really care about that.
I wanted to ask about this bug that i found when i play the Android version.
There was a Line in the middle of the game screen and it only appears when there's a watery area like this and the Docks.
It doesn't happen in the Windows version tho.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
I see that they put Incest patch for this game.
But I'm not really care about that.
I wanted to ask about this bug that i found when i play the Android version.
There was a Line in the middle of the game screen and it only appears when there's a watery area like this and the Docks.
It doesn't happen in the Windows version tho.
Hmm yes, wincest patch. And I'd blame your phone for everything

• Haha
Reactions: Petzl

adm900

Jul 24, 2019
What the hell with last part of waterfall scene? Hidden cryptominer or what?! All ok, in all other scenes.
111.png

3.70 star(s) 234 Votes