Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Can't wait for NLT to come back and tell duder above that he won't recode the entire game to a different video format just because a bunch of phoners can't play .mp4 files

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Can't wait for NLT to come back and tell duder above that he won't recode the entire game to a different video format just because a bunch of phoners can't play .mp4 files
A very likely outcome of this little tale :LOL:
Nah, let's not
I'll just stop talking right now :p
Alright I try it this way coz the last time it was all caps...
If THEY put incest in it ??? :KEK: It's like a stupid suicidal sheep decides to save the mans trouble and go through the meat grinder voluntarily :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

ea3794

Modder
Mar 30, 2018
Is anyone else getting what looks like a javascript error? Specifically (using Mac OS), I get the following message,"Your profile can not be used because it is from a newer version of NW.js". I'm going to investigate upgrading javascript and will report back.
It means your current NWJS (browser) profile is newer than the version of NWJS you are currently using. The profile contains stuff like cookies, settings and other things. I mean... its literally Chromium. I'm not sure what you are doing so I can't really offer any suggestions.

A very likely outcome of this little tale :LOL:
Well, I reported the issue in the appropriate Discord channel. My single message got flagged immediately. One of their mods DMed me and started accusing me of being a pirate. I had a nice chat with him actually but he decided to server ban me for basically helping people.

Dear NLT mod, I know you are watching this thread. Being hostile to potential supporters will likely have the opposite effect.

In other news... transcoding is about 80% done. I tried a few videos in-game and they seem to work fine. Interestingly, VP9 seems to compress 60-80% better than H.264 does.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
It means your current NWJS (browser) profile is newer than the version of NWJS you are currently using. The profile contains stuff like cookies, settings and other things. I mean... its literally Chromium. I'm not sure what you are doing so I can't really offer any suggestions.

Well, I reported the issue in the appropriate Discord channel. My single message got flagged immediately. One of their mods DMed me and started accusing me of being a pirate. I had a nice chat with him actually but he decided to server ban me for basically helping people.

Dear NLT mod, I know you are watching this thread. Being hostile to potential supporters will likely have the opposite effect.

In other news... transcoding is about 80% done. I tried a few videos in-game and they seem to work fine. Interestingly, VP9 seems to compress 60-80% better than H.264 does.
Memes aside, this is over 4 years and 3 games later using the same .mp4 files. That work for 99%+ of dudes who matter to NLT (aka Patrons). Most of which aren't on lolphones. Even if your compression works better for a niche % of a niche % of people, he's still not gonna re-encode the entire game and waste time on something that already works for most

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I really don't understand why NLT sticks to H.264 and didn't move to VP8/9 and webp. It's an easy way to cut the game size without loosing quality.

Btw. keep in mind that not every device supports VP9.

ea3794

Modder
Mar 30, 2018
I really don't understand why NLT sticks to H.264 and didn't move to VP8/9 and webp. It's an easy way to cut the game size without loosing quality.

Every codec has its pros and cons. Sticking to what works isn't always a bad thing. Though H.264 is a proprietary codec which Enterbrain (developers of RPG MV) did not license and therefore did not include in their software. This would suggest that by distributing H.264 support without paying license fees NLT is technically breaking the law. Yea I know its rather silly to say on this particular site.

I can always transcode to VP8 or something else, not a problem.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
I'm not sure what you are doing so I can't really offer any suggestions.
Actively he has at least 2 version of NW running on his rig... as it turned out there is a scenario where this turns out game breaker but 98.72 % of the times you can ignore this or simply remove the surplus :p
started accusing me of being a pirate
Welp in a manner of speaking he was spot on wasn't he ?! :LOL::ROFLMAO::KEK: It doesn't matter what intent you have... it still is what it is :(:rolleyes:
VP9 seems to compress 60-80% better than H.264 does.
Sometimes...
Like before pros and cons... two bad choices on the table which one you take ? :p Occams Razor : stick to H.264

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Still nothing from our dude the ratio flexer ? Sad he never came back to show us how better than every1 else in thread he really is with his massive ratio

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
what a toxic fucker
Thanks. Nothing added and name called in the same 4 words empty reply, truely amazing. Good thing you were on the ignore list, don't wanna cry my way to sleep every night with this kinda post. Can't wait for your spin on how to help the dude too, gonna be something to behold I'm sure

3.70 star(s) 234 Votes