LikeITorNot

Feb 4, 2022
You just got over 10k of house junk to buy in v23, unless you farmed earlier, this is the start of the grindening
yeah i just usually farm as i go, so i have my place up to par with the booty calls as they come. but yeah i hear ya. there was only one scene this time and ella can already swing thru.

HalGLC

May 12, 2017
You just got over 10k of house junk to buy in v23, unless you farmed earlier, this is the start of the grindening
Not really unless you're determined to get everything as soon as it comes out. If you wait another few updates you'll be finding silver totems left and right and probably other ways to easily get money.

I "fell" for this with Treasures of Nadia. Grinding back and forth finding stone idols and such, but then a few updates later and bam, you find silver and gold.

By all means grind if you want to, just don't believe you have to

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Not really unless you're determined to get everything as soon as it comes out. If you wait another few updates you'll be finding silver totems left and right and probably other ways to easily get money.

I "fell" for this with Treasures of Nadia. Grinding back and forth finding stone idols and such, but then a few updates later and bam, you find silver and gold.

People haxed themselves 50 mils on 1st build, I'm not worried the complete crapfest is yet to come. At least now most upgrades are blocked, so can't ToN yourself out with everything bought on v1 and fuck the game up

Reactions: LikeITorNot

HalGLC

May 12, 2017
Andrea blue balls ... :Kappa:
Honestly I'm fine with it. This game's progressing so much faster than prior NLT games, we're 23% in and we've already fucked 5 women, that sounds insane by comparison.

Most of the remaining women come off as even more appealing than the ones we've already slept with (some I'm not as into as others) so I'm happy to wait for it

I love NLT but these games are begging for an auto feature

LikeITorNot

Feb 4, 2022

pretty much! i kinda did that in TON. and was like mehh. you dont have to go grind like a mad man, just as you need.

HalGLC

May 12, 2017
Admittedly I do regret not grinding the basketball game more before they made it more difficult in later updates

Abduxuel

Jun 26, 2021
Huh? The Weekly Report said "puzzled filled episode" so where were all the puzzles? I think one of the problems with TGO is that there are no mysterious characters like Sofia and Madalyn (although Mads appears as a guest occasionally) to whet the appetite. All of the female characters are pretty ordinary really. Carol is like a watered down version of Naomi (oversexed older woman), Hannah same with Alia (oversexed stupid young woman), Chloe with Kaley (insecure sexually repressed young woman) etc., but there are no really intriguing, special and unusual girls or women to pique the interest. Weird. Visually a beautiful game but like so many beautiful things kind of empty and hollow at its core. Maybe it will buck up later. Only Kimberly Foxx left to enter the fray and I can't see how a telejournalist is going to make much of a difference to the story to be honest.

Last edited:

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Only Kimerly Foxx left to enter the fray and I can't see how a television journalist is going to make much of a difference to be honest.
Never heard of the " You can do anything you want with me for a good story ! " slut line ? :KEK: It works too in real life as well ;):LOL:

Abduxuel

Jun 26, 2021
Never heard of the " You can do anything you want with me for a good story ! " slut line ? :KEK: It works too in real life as well ;):LOL:
I suppose Kimberley Foxx will enter the game during the TV interview planned for Andrea and William. No idea what kind of role she will play in the story. Probably as an investigative journalist probing and maybe working with the police to destroy the Eclipse Guild once and for all. Maybe Foxx will have a motivating backstory like Diana in ToN to make her interesting. Who knows? I don't quite get why TGO doesn't grab me in the same way as the previous games at least during its beginning to middle stages before it jumps the shark. Can't quite put my finger on the reason(s) for my dissatisfaction with TGO definitively. One factor is that there really doesn't seem to be any fascinating characters with extraordinary histories in it to power slowburn reveals. In ToN both Sofia and Madalyn got drip fed to players over a very long time helping to keep interest in the adventure alive, which isn't the case with TGO which lacks the sense of jeopardy, suspense and mystery necessary to string players along long-term IMHO.

Nice to know that Carol Ray's Kegel exercises paid off for her in a big way though!

Last edited:

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
I suppose Kimberley Foxx will enter the game during the TV interview planned for Andrea and William. No idea what kind of role she will play in the story. Probably as an investigative journalist probing and maybe working with the police to destroy the Eclipse Guild once and for all. Maybe Foxx will have an interesting motivating backstory like Diana in ToN to make her interesting. Who knows? I don't quite get why TGO doesn't grab me in the same way as the previous games, at least during its beginning to middle stages before it jumps the shark. Can't quite put my finger on the reason(s) for my dissatisfaction with TGO definitively. One factor is that there really doesn't seem to be any fascinating characters, with extraordinary histories in it, to power slow burn reveals. In ToN both Sofia and Madalyn got drip fed to players over a very long time, helping keep interest in the adventure alive, which isn't the case with TGO which lacks the suspense, sense of jeopardy and mystery to string players along long-term IMHO.

Nice to know that Carol Ray's Kegel exercises paid off for her in a big way though!
Simply because this is more like a string of movie sequences instead of a game... ;) The balance is waaay off ! :KEK:

Reactions: Abduxuel

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I'm not arguing about the Patreon donation, but the “economies of scale” you said~! because no matter the size of your studio, in the end, what really counts is the profit margin, and no matter how you like to put it, the donation is part of that profit, for free, after all this is not an investment~!Most of the triple-A game studios don't have that luxury, because the profit margin is really really thin for them due to the high costs and Investment dividends~!
Triple-A studios are often their own publisher too with a profit margin of 50 to 70%, which is a lot in game business. 1/3 of total cost are spend on marketing only. Cyberpunk's development and marketing cost were about ~$321 million in total. Which is of course a lot and needs to be funded upfront first. But we shouldn't forget that CD Project was only the lead production studio and didn't develop the game completely in-house. Cross-production is totally normal for big studios and one of the reasons why Triple-A games are released nearly every year. An indie developer normally doesn't have this luxury.

Triple-A games are cash cows for game publisher and the reason why we get a new Call of Duty, FIFA etc. every year. Wouldn't they be highly profitable for the publisher, then we wouldn't see a new game every year. However, the studios behind those games barely survive, because the huge piece of profits goes to the publisher, their managers and shareholders.

Since big publisher and Triple-A studios have access to a pool of experienced workers and technology worldwide, they are able to (mass-)produce big-ass games for way less, which results in a price tag of $70 per copy (target price). An indie studio isn't able to compete with this price tag with an identical game, because it wouldn't even cover its production cost. It's the same like you would buy your eggs in your local supermarket for ~$2 and your local farmer sells them for $4.

In case of NLT and many other erogame developers they won't get rich from selling their game on Steam & Co. Those platforms are used for visibility only with the purpose to gather (new) supporters on Patreon to help to fund their next game (and equipment). Erogames are mostly sold below cost after a game is complete.

Guru1987

Feb 13, 2018
I downloaded the update. the file is correctly named 23044, but the game stays at the previous version when i start it...

Reactions: adamad

Abduxuel

Jun 26, 2021
I downloaded the update. the file is correctly named 23044, but the game stays at the previous version when i start it...
That's because you haven't played through the update yet; play through the new update and you should end up with 23%.

3.70 star(s) 230 Votes