Slvh

Nov 19, 2018
And technically the 8th dude in 5 days to report since I started counting the failage. This is by far the best new meme of 2022
Let's see who else is going to talk about the same exact thing. Props to him though, he actually talked about the code and didn't just straight up talk about the mansion or Erika. Think we're going to get someone soon enough who'll post a "walkthrough" of their steps that lead up to the bug ?

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Let's see who else is going to talk about the same exact thing. Props to him though, he actually talked about the code and didn't just straight up talk about the mansion or Erika. Think we're going to get someone soon enough who'll post a "walkthrough" of their steps that lead up to the bug ?
That takes effort. It's way easier to post a screencap with "stuck behind noname girl, halp"

reidanota

Nov 1, 2021
Hi, it seems that your game already is broken. Which version did you download at the beginning? If you update the game by downloading the "update-only" files and you miss one step, you break the game. Download the actual full-game and overwrite the files in your game-folder. The savegames are stored in other place, so you can restart with your current save-point.
your game is broken, as I mentioned earlier you need the v.37083 [I doubt that this version will show up here] to play this update without breaking your game, or just wait for 15th August and play the next update, which will hopefully have the fixes.
I'm running v.37081 on Windows, installed from scratch. I did have a previous version installed but I deleted that. Maybe the game saves files in obscure places in appdata, roaming folders? I hate that "feature" of windows to my guts.

I had no choice but to play that scene and go on with the game, it went back to the correct "thread" and has been consistent so far.

Edit: heck, ran into another one about 31 hours in. Known issue, see post below.

Last edited:

reidanota

Nov 1, 2021
And technically the 8th dude in 5 days to report since I started counting the failage. This is by far the best new meme of 2022
I'm having the same problem. If there have been that many reports, has anyone posted a workaround, or steps required to avoid it? I've been playing a mostly linear game so far, going after clues and the oracle but if I get my hand on a new tool or figure out I can open new stuff, I go everywhere and grab everything, even before I'm required to do so. Maybe it's a mistake, and I should stick to linear playing and following "active leads"?

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
I'm having the same problem. If there have been that many reports, has anyone posted a workaround
Yes
or steps required to avoid it?
Not really
I've been playing a mostly linear game so far, going after clues and the oracle but if I get my hand on a new tool or figure out I can open new stuff, I go everywhere and grab everything, even before I'm required to do so. Maybe it's a mistake, and I should stick to linear playing and following "active leads"?
Not doing most of the game in the right order shouldn't do much (you can't skip content and go from v1 to v30 and screw yourself), aside the wonky NLT coding that plays the Madalyn scene way too early for some unkown reason (which doesn't do anything outside of unlocking it in the gallery 20 builds ahead)

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Not sure I can share the link to another site here but a quick google search with the keywords :
"The Genesis Order [v.35072] [NLT Media] Free Download"
will help you . :)
I'm just trying to understand this: instead of using the built-in search function of THIS board (see top right of basically every page) you opened another tab, went to a different site, typed your search and then scrolled through the results to hopefully find a working download for the previous version of NLT's TGO?

That's genius, I just need a pen and a piece of paper to write that down in case I'm looking for some help...

DD69-1

Engaged Member
Feb 28, 2019
I'm running v.37081 on Windows, installed from scratch. I did have a previous version installed but I deleted that. Maybe the game saves files in obscure places in appdata, roaming folders? I hate that "feature" of windows to my guts.

I had no choice but to play that scene and go on with the game, it went back to the correct "thread" and has been consistent so far.

Edit: heck, ran into another one about 31 hours in. Known issue, see post below.
man I just said in my post which you replied to that v.37081 was bugged and you need v.37083 to play the game without bugs... don't report known bugs

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
man I just said in my post which you replied to that v.37081 was bugged and you need v.37083 to play the game without bugs... don't report known bugs
Though you could stop replying about 37083, since no1 will post it here. And the average duder won't go out and search for it

• Red Heart
Reactions: DD69-1

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Though you could stop replying about 37083, since no1 will post it here. And the average duder won't go out and search for it
Nor would they go after the problem itself... lemme take a wild guess and this is a zero size problem on one of the files... ( at least for those who face it :p ) the rest I leave it in the open :KEK: Guess that's why mine does not break :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: DD69-1
Oct 19, 2020
Hey guys after getting into the chapel and following oracle instructions inspect the crystal the Mc and Erica walk back into mansion and Mc is stuck on one place in a door and can only look but not move please help or did I miss something

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
...or did I miss something
Yes. You missed the exact same bug report which has been posted on the last 20-30 pages from at least 50 different people (hey, some people even included screenshots, so you should have found it just by scrolling through the last pages -- no reading required!). The current version is bugged, and the fixed version (although released the very next day) hasn't been posted here yet.

• Sad
Reactions: Shaunblade2020

reidanota

Nov 1, 2021
Though I did search around and couldn't find it. What's so special about this version, that nobody will share it, wheras other versions are shared all over?

Think Tank

Dec 31, 2020
Though I did search around and couldn't find it. What's so special about this version, that nobody will share it, wheras other versions are shared all over?
Step 1: Search for 37803 using the Search box top right
Step 2: search for the text bug in the resulting list (currently 18 in number)
Step 3: Read the summaries (this part may be difficult)
Step 4: Stop

And you'll have all your answers ..

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Step 1: Search for 37803 using the Search box top right
Step 2: search for the text bug in the resulting list (currently 18 in number)
Step 3: Read the summaries (this part may be difficult)
Step 4: Stop

And you'll have all your answers ..
I guess it's not the case... and for many others as well... see they take it granted that all those who actually pay for this game ( and development ) will hand them all the stuff there is available like a good little servant... plus points go if they do it on a silver plate and without any delay ! ;) High time for a rude awakening ! :KEK:
28504529894596f39693b91b83cbcdf1798269611b3bd35ebdc2e218a5c8dff5.gif

• Hey there
Reactions: Jean Luc

bnoizz

Apr 9, 2020
hi guys. i have a fucking problem. i cant interrup david computer. casuse he is on computer and i cant reach it. could u please help. what is problem?

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Hi guys I can't seem to find blow torch please help
From the Web walkthrough linked in the OP:
  • Wikes Mansion > go upstairs (right stairs) and then downstairs > Open the chest with your lockpick (same room as the previous scene) > go left and activate the gargoyle
  • Eve Cathedral: Go underground (Enter, go left, 2nd room & downstairs) and get the blow torch
Took me 30 seconds to open the walkthrough and search for "torch" to find it.

Oct 19, 2020
The thing is I did follow that walk through and can't find it in the eve cathedral
Onto of the bug which I think is created from certain events not triggering I can't give Carol the greese and rubber boot at Heather place as she is not there to move to next step of father Solomon room to get the old shoe to be able to get the flame torch

3.70 star(s) 230 Votes