Dec 10, 2022
You answered yourself : this is pron with a story, not the other way around. The cops and stuff are a means to the end, not the end itself. It then doesn't need to make any sense and/or work like the real life counterpart. Go to the VNs and such if you want a story that can hold itself with some lewds sprinkled around. You won't get that anywhere in here
The thing is though, the developers of TGO clearly put a lot of effort into the story. Lots of characters, dialogue, events, twists and turns. The bar for storytelling in these games is pretty low, and NLT do a better job than 90% of games on this site. There's a genuine attempt to tell a story here across multiple games. So when things don't seem right it sticks out. And it's not like I'm expecting a realistic police procedural here. Having cops act like cops shouldn't be all that hard to get right. It's more of a trend of developers for these games not seeming to understand how things in real life work.

Like all these games set in a "universitiy/college" but students have assigned seating, homework, and get detention. Anyone who's actually been to a university, or hell even seen one in a movie, will know that's not how universities work (and yeah, I know some games substitute "college" for "high school" to get around potential age issues - that's not what I'm talking about). If you tell me the characters are attending a university, but everyone behaves like they're still sixteen I find it jarring. Or when a dev's idea of an grown-up job is having a character go to the office to "work on the files" (because goddamnit, files need to be worked). It's like the majority of these games are written by Vincent Adultman.

Think Tank

Dec 31, 2020
Depends on the show. The Wire was pretty realistic. On the other hand, CSI might as well have been science fiction.
Not really.

Your thrust of your entire point is that it doesn't represent cops in real-life. Which "real-life"?

I assume you mean US Cops - not European cops, Japanese Cops, South American "cops", African cops? How very parochial!

Oh and we won't mention Putin's cops!

If you want more realism, start by accepting that the users of this game don't all live in your neighborhood and have your world-perspective!

Flute

Jun 12, 2019

I get this error during the church event where I am looking for sister Judy (right wing), and then it freezes the game.

Reactions: Deprivation

Borel

Jan 7, 2022

I get this error during the church event where I am looking for sister Judy (right wing), and then it freezes the game.
You're missing or have a corrupted sound file. Extract the Clock.rpgmvo file inside the Clock.rpgmvo.zip archive attached below into your www/audio/bgs folder (inside your game folder) and that should hopefully fix it, but to be safe move or copy the original Clock.rpgmvo in that folder, if it exists, somewhere else on the off chance you want to copy it back later. (y)

Reactions: Flute

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
How can I get this key left outside the curch? I thought with the crapple hook, but I cannot get it.

El Buho

Nov 2, 2019
Ah yes, nothing like having a nice fuck in the church chapel whilst the nun looks out for people coming in. Screenshot (829).png And then getting caught Screenshot (831).png

3.70 star(s) 233 Votes