4.30 star(s) 63 Votes
Aug 13, 2017
Here is whats in the latest post on Subscribestar:

v0.10 Update

Hey everyone! v0.10 is chugging along in terms of progress. I blinked and realized it's been too long since I gave update on Subscribestar! Let me tell you how things have been going.

First of all, as expected, v0.10 is hard to code. The Good Son began more than 2 years ago when I was a super novice game maker and the code is messy and I'm doing some tweaking in already existing passages, so, that's a bit of a pain. But I haven't run into any maddening bugs or anything or the sort. Yet.

Meanwhile, real life work has been busy, of late. Luckily work always quiets down near the holidays. And I'm hoping for a quiet January, meaning I'll be able to pump more time into the game, then.

In terms of progress, I've written up the new scenes reflecting the end of v0.9, the corrupting Katie scenes (very fun), and have started updating everything to reflect bottom surgery. That willl take a bit of time, and then there's the whoring update, the Heather update, the new dates, and the extra REP content...

... so, still a lot to go. v0.10 won't be out before the new year.

As a small consolation note, that special side project I mentioned is also moving along and it will be out before the new year. This is a secret side project that I really think everyone will enjoy. It's a nice change of pace to The Good Son but still falls firmly in the feminization niche. That's all I can say for now.

So there will be a release of substantial content before January. Then, The Good Son v0.10 will follow in the new year.

Thanks for all your support, as always!!! I know I'm being annoyingly vague about the side project. But trust me, it's cool. You'll love it!

Feb 1, 2021
If this was a sissification game with less of a trans theme I would find the gender studies professor's attitude very hot, but with the trans context she's enraging. Tranwomen are 'men colonizing women's sphere's unless they conform to strict gender roles' shut up shut up shut up-

Is this what a hypothetical TIRF (trans inclusive radical feminist) would be like?

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
If this was a sissification game with less of a trans theme I would fine the gender studies professor's attitude very hot, but with the trans context she's enraging. Tranwomen are 'men colonizing women's sphere's unless they conform to strict gender roles' shut up shut up shut up-

Is this what a hypothetical TIRF (trans inclusive radical feminist) would be like?
Kind of a spoiler i guess, but the gender studies professor in this game is literally the old and tired caricature that's "feminists are angry all the time because they want the D and aren't getting any".

Feb 1, 2021
Y'know what, I'm going to say that I'm now fine with that because her not being a pathetic person at heart would have annoyed me even more.

Keakle

Apr 16, 2022
If this was a sissification game with less of a trans theme I would fine the gender studies professor's attitude very hot, but with the trans context she's enraging. Tranwomen are 'men colonizing women's sphere's unless they conform to strict gender roles' shut up shut up shut up-

i forget the name but one path is "proud trans "

LandBeach

Jun 3, 2019
Kind of a spoiler i guess, but the gender studies professor in this game is literally the old and tired caricature that's "feminists are angry all the time because they want the D and aren't getting any".
In her case it was quote unquote "penis envy"

Lemix

Jun 7, 2017
I like this game but dear god is it alot of useless clicks, wanted to do Olivia and Cade quest and it took like 20+ days or something, i know author probably cant remove the majority of those clicks at this point but atleast allow us to visit gym at will, it does not make sense that you cant go there at any day.
So i made this questline and then progressed the story and got Olivia bisexsual story, i find it kinda weird that you tell her "remember that girls are less important then guys and its just for fun" when half of your love interests are girls, there alot of weird stuff in this game but that one just doesnt sit well.

yanon2222

Dec 14, 2022
I have a file the-good-son-20221215-015728.save but can't figure out how to import it. Might have to start over sadly.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I have a file the-good-son-20221215-015728.save but can't figure out how to import it. Might have to start over sadly.
In the "Saves" window click on the "Load from Disk..." button, then navigate to where your file is stored, and double-click it to import the content.

Reactions: yanon2222

Deleted member 2422104

Jun 2, 2020
Click on the saves button in Left bar --> then A dialog box will appear in the bottom of that dialog ox there will b 2 buttons
Save to disk and Load from disk --> click Load from disk --> select the save from where you have stored it --> Done

Reactions: yanon2222

sakuyas_mmaster

Feb 12, 2018
One of the shops near the campus sells a toy that looks like an anal hook. Is that used for something on any route?

claralover

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
any word on the next update? I know it won't be out by year's end, just curious if anything new has happened in the last 2 weeks

somebody669

Dec 29, 2019
While being a MC-TF + HTML game :D it is pretty decent. The story itself is great, rather well written. The characters are actually characters, not fillers, there are a lot of side stories combined into one main story line (unlike many games where you got the main arc and some random things added as fillers)

However it gets extremely grindy and repetitive, where 1/3 of the time you just click thru the week repeating the exact same routine. As in the exact same scenes over and over.

A pity, because it looks like there are a couple of branches, so the replayability would be there, if not for the amount of grinding - at this point I just find myself skipping days in console just so I get thru the main storyline.

Also, there are a couple of bugs that might or might not break your game (I just worked around them in console, so maybe waiting a week more wouldve fixed itself).

(Maybe it is not finished, and maybe I even got ahead of what is officially ready, like I said, modded it a bit)

Feels like a lot of work was put into it with attention to detail, and if the grinding is taken care of it would be a top tier HTML game IMO. On the whole, good job!

yanon2222

Dec 14, 2022
Any way to get Susan to be cuckoldress? She was early on and friday nights with susan and chad were my favorite part of the game, but in late game date nights are all the same, susan just makes you rim chad every friday night. I guess its not a cuck game but a femminization game. Still love the game just im mostly deeply into cuckolding fetish.

sakuyas_mmaster

Feb 12, 2018
Gets used on Chad's route.
Thanks. I never played that route before, because that guy looks like dimwit the whole cuckold thing is not sexy at all. Sadly the hook only gets used on the stupid girlfriend as far as I played. This whole Susan plotline feels like such drag. I wish you could just axe her right away while still going on these BBC or submission paths.

4.30 star(s) 63 Votes