4.30 star(s) 63 Votes

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
It's not really uncommon if the game wasn't made with ability to rename characters in mind. Having name as variable can be also problematic if the game is translated to a language with grammatical cases, as these can apply to names. So some will avoid it on this basis.

echo26

Jul 4, 2017
It's not really uncommon if the game wasn't made with ability to rename characters in mind. Having name as variable can be also problematic if the game is translated to a language with grammatical cases, as these can apply to names. So some will avoid it on this basis.
Actually you can change the name of the characters but you will also have to replace the name of the images to the desired name. I managed to change Susan's name to Madonna (weird right?) and the only errors that were thrown were related to image location.

I didn't do any heavy testing but from what I've seen in the code, there shouldn't be any errors except for the image paths.
Here's how I did it:
1. Open the 'The Good Son' html file with Notepad++
2. Ctrl+F and select Replace tab in the pop-up
3. In 'Find What' box input the name you want to change (Susan for ex)
4. In 'Replace With' put the desired name (Madona in my case)
5. Click Replace All
1679775084482.png

For the image path files you will have to replace the folder names of the characters (only the ones you changed) and the image names.
In the screenshot below you can see what I'm talking about.
1679775348646.png

Reactions: sparrow_rose

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Actually you can change the name of the characters but you will also have to replace the name of the images to the desired name. I managed to change Susan's name to Madonna (weird right?) and the only errors that were thrown were related to image location.
You can probably avoid image name errors by enabling "Match case" option for your replace operation. This way you'll avoid messing up names of variables, styles and other under-the-hood parts which use non-capitalized version of character names.

echo26

Jul 4, 2017
You can probably avoid image name errors by enabling "Match case" option for your replace operation. This way you'll avoid messing up names of variables, styles and other under-the-hood parts which use non-capitalized version of character names.
I think you would want to rename every one of them. Lobsterman put the variables there without grouping them and therefore the variables are like this:
1679778296190.png

There are not any variables grouped under a 'susan' name there (ex: SugarCube.State.active.variables.susan.love)

Anyway, unless someone does a full playthrough with this changes we might not know as I am way too lazy to test this

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I think you would want to rename every one of them.
Fairly sure it might break any existing saves and the ability to load whatever saves you make with such modified game in (unmodified) update, so that's probably not a good idea.

Reactions: echo26

echo26

Jul 4, 2017
Fairly sure it'd break any existing saves and the ability to load whatever saves you make with such modified game in (unmodified) update, so that's probably not a good idea.
Yeah, the saves are broken after this.

magitur

Dec 25, 2020
Anyone knows how i can tease Henry at the party? tried to look for him at Cauldron after takin his pants like someone said but can't find him at all

123abc456789

May 18, 2020
Any plans for a "lesbian" only route? I like this game but I usually cheat the stats so I don't have to interact with todd. Would be nice if that was actually in the game.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Any plans for a "lesbian" only route? I like this game but I usually cheat the stats so I don't have to interact with todd. Would be nice if that was actually in the game.
Protagonist finding themselves attracted to guys to the point where seeing a naked woman doesn't even turn them on anymore, and becoming "bisexual" this way, is very much part of fixed plot, so this is unlikely. If you don't like to see penises and/or reading your MC loves them up their ass, you're out of luck.

123abc456789

May 18, 2020
Protagonist finding themselves attracted to guys to the point where seeing a naked woman doesn't even turn them on anymore, and becoming "bisexual" this way, is very much part of fixed plot, so this is unlikely. If you don't like to see penises and/or reading your MC loves them up their ass, you're out of luck.
Really? It must have changed a lot since I last played, I thought it held up pretty well. Too bad

Reactions: Tutuooo

Ca1keh

Mar 5, 2020
Really? It must have changed a lot since I last played, I thought it held up pretty well. Too bad
I really don’t get his response cause you have lesbians routes. The mc still very much attracted to women, its your choices that stop the mc. Loyal suzan and katie are still one of the main routes and the t4t with lexy
Now, its true that it has a lot more man routes, that just how this game is

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
The mc still very much attracted to women, its your choices that stop the mc.
The MC no longer getting his penis up for Susan is literally part of the game's plot and part of reasons she grows dissatisfied with him. As is his "heterosexuality" meter dropping. You don't get a choice that avoids it. The game appears to operate on a silly notion that becoming attracted to men comes at the "cost" of at least partially losing interest in women.

Your only options for satisfying your girlfriend if a penis is to be involved is a strap-on or Todd. With Katie she's the one who fucks the MC.

Then there's mandatory plot developments where MC is required to satisfy two men for his criminal boss, and getting his/her anal virginity auctioned to the highest (male) bidder.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tutuooo

sabermaster2

Jun 21, 2017
The MC no longer getting his penis up for Susan is literally part of the game's plot and part of reasons she grows dissatisfied with him. As is his "heterosexuality" meter dropping. You don't get a choice that avoids it. The game appears to operate on a silly notion that becoming attracted to men comes at the "cost" of at least partially losing interest in women.

Your only options for satisfying your girlfriend if a penis is to be involved is a strap-on or Todd. With Katie she's the one who fucks the MC.

Then there's mandatory plot developments where MC is required to satisfy two men for his criminal boss, and getting his/her anal virginity auctioned to the highest (male) bidder.
That's just the MC losing his masculinity. After the MC rediscovered her new identity and her role in a relationship, there are multiple scenes that shows that she still find woman attractive even if she's now in a submissive role.

Reactions: Mwillams125689

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
That's just the MC losing his masculinity. After the MC rediscovered her new identity and her role in a relationship, there are multiple scenes that shows that she still find woman attractive even if she's now in a submissive role.
The new scenes demonstrate that the MC didn't lose interest in women completely. But they do lose it partially, and their newfound interest in men and getting dicked is unavoidable even for these players who'd like a "lesbian only route" in their words.

Reactions: Asmodeus34

Thurein9415

Apr 18, 2020
View attachment 751389

Overview:
The Good Son is an erotic game where the main character - a young man in his last year of university - is asked to pay off the mob in order to save his father. To keep up with the mob's ever increasing demands for cash, he'll have to get creative - and creative means crossdressing as a woman in order to work as a waitress in a nightclub! What comes next is a gradual progression into a new, feminine, and submissive way of life. His life will forever be changed through the guidance and support his cheerful and talented supervisor (Katie), his gorgeous and empathic girlfriend (Susan), and his incredibly kind and well-built best friend / personal trainer (Todd).

Characters:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thread Updated: 2022-09-21
Release Date: 2022-09-21
Developer: Lobsterman9999 -
Censored: No
Version: 0.9.2
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

Walkthrough
DOWNLOAD
All: - MEGA - -
Other:
COMPRESSED*

Extra:
Walkthrough

*This unofficial port/version/code is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 1568711 View attachment 1568712 View attachment 1568713 View attachment 1568714 View attachment 1568715 View attachment 1568716 View attachment 1568717 View attachment 1568718 View attachment 1568719
I need update

Rissilia

May 9, 2017
6 Month no Updates i think is dead, he has his goal on subscribestar and quitting ... ever the same, i unsub him today ...

4.30 star(s) 63 Votes