4.30 star(s) 63 Votes

b12moguj

May 2, 2017
Any news?
Nope. This was last said 15h ago:
Hey everyone - v0.9 is being bugfixed right now. It's taking some time - the final event mechanic is fully not working. I'll figure it out soon. Whether that's this evening or sometime tomorrow remains to be seen. Don't stay up late refreshing Subscribestar every minute - it'll be out and announced in good time. Sorry for the inconvenience.

b12moguj

May 2, 2017
Just from an hour and a half ago.
Loving the positivity here. You're all awesome. Just need a few more days to finish v0.9 in a workable state. I went a bit wild and added new stuff I hadn't planned on including and (not surprisingly) that took time. Example: people were asking for new boob augmentations? Well, that's in there now. 3 of them. Hard to find, but worth the effort. A bit more patience, and we'll get to release

Kalambeln

Aug 28, 2017
I don't mind delays, quality takes time and errors pop up. It happens.

But pushing the deadline, bit by bit, is just frustrating for everyone. There's no way that, on the 31st, the dev didn't already know it was gonna take a while. But the statement they put out the day after was "this evening or sometime tomorrow". Now we're looking at a delay of minimum 10 days.

Set a date that gives more than enough time to deal with the issue and stick with that. Dancing around the fact that it's a bigger issue is just gonna make it worse.

BoyCrazyGirl

Oct 22, 2020

But pushing the deadline, bit by bit, is just frustrating for everyone. There's no way that, on the 31st, the dev didn't already know it was gonna take a while. But the statement they put out the day after was "this evening or sometime tomorrow". Now we're looking at a delay of minimum 10 days.

Set a date that gives more than enough time to deal with the issue and stick with that. Dancing around the fact that it's a bigger issue is just gonna make it worse.
It sounded like it was a glitch where he didn't notice how bad it was until he caught it.

Proto Persona

Jan 23, 2018

I don't think you've worked with software much. Major issues look exactly like minor issues until you actually dig into the code and start changing things. Figuring out why changing a single line of code has broken the entire program is insanely frustrating when you can't see how that function interacts with the parts that break. And that's if you have actually done your coding well and documented things properly. The average dev around here is a hobbyist making spaghetti code, which just makes the whole process a descent into madness.

That also not accounting for having a major inspiration in the 11th hour that the dev is certain will drastically improve the release. Feature creep is a bane on the software community, and most can not resist it's siren call.

Most people working in software barely have any perception of the passing of time in the first place. The idea that software developers ever have a grasp on how much time something is going to take is silly. If it wasn't for financial pressures, no developer would ever give a deadline for anything. Look at Duke Nukem Forever or Star Citizen for examples of that.

It's like you're complaining the rain came, and how somebody should have done something to prevent it. It's just nature, there's not a lot you can do to make it better. All you can do accept that it's just how things are and wait it out.

zc881010

Jun 12, 2022
I don't think you've worked with software much. Major issues look exactly like minor issues until you actually dig into the code and start changing things. Figuring out why changing a single line of code has broken the entire program is insanely frustrating when you can't see how that function interacts with the parts that break. And that's if you have actually done your coding well and documented things properly. The average dev around here is a hobbyist making spaghetti code, which just makes the whole process a descent into madness.

That also not accounting for having a major inspiration in the 11th hour that the dev is certain will drastically improve the release. Feature creep is a bane on the software community, and most can not resist it's siren call.

Most people working in software barely have any perception of the passing of time in the first place. The idea that software developers ever have a grasp on how much time something is going to take is silly. If it wasn't for financial pressures, no developer would ever give a deadline for anything. Look at Duke Nukem Forever or Star Citizen for examples of that.

It's like you're complaining the rain came, and how somebody should have done something to prevent it. It's just nature, there's not a lot you can do to make it better. All you can do accept that it's just how things are and wait it out.
true dud

4.30 star(s) 63 Votes