Bitamine

Jun 13, 2021
Stray boards are fixed. Everyone needs to reapply the patch in the OP. Dev had some jank csv files so I had to fix them all to get it working.
Hey First of all great job with the fixes :)
There seems to be an other issue with the quest "thornes of the black rose" The NPC you are supposed to tank to doesn't show up. Plus you are not supposed to be able to meave the area yet you can while still unabeling the menu access (esc/X). The quest is supposed to give you an outfit, it doesn't. And if you talk to the central NPC in the court yard it opens your quest menu.
Do you think there is anything you could do on your side about this ?
I tryed restarting the game and came to the same point with a new save as well and it didn't change the outcome unfortunately..

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
There seems to be an other issue with the quest "thornes of the black rose" The NPC you are supposed to tank to doesn't show up. Plus you are not supposed to be able to meave the area yet you can while still unabeling the menu access (esc/X). The quest is supposed to give you an outfit, it doesn't. And if you talk to the central NPC in the court yard it opens your quest menu.
I tryed restarting the game and came to the same point with a new save as well and it didn't change the outcome unfortunately..
That sounds real jank. If you can get me a save for that quest I can check it to see what the issue might be.

Bitamine

Jun 13, 2021
Stuck on a quest very early on, asking me to give an ancient coin to the archaeologist, but I have no coin? And to complete the crystal cave, but I can't remove the boulders?
You have to change the lead character and use the thief girl as leader. She can move the bolders and sniff out the coins. On my french keyboard it is W and Q to swap between characters.

Don't feel dumb, it took me a while before figuring it out aswell haha

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017
I didnt have any issues with that quest myself.The only big bug the game had quest wise was a missing quest that got fixed a while back.Are you sure you using the latest version?

if so can you post your save folder so i can check?
note that u have to post the entire save folder not just the specific save file.Else people may not be able to load them for testing

Reactions: dazedanon

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017
Well i cant exactly say if the latest fixes bugged it somehow coz i completed it pre nora quest fix if i recall.
Still i dont see any reason for the npc or the quest "thornes of the black rose" to break.
Doubt dazedanon went around messing with all quests or npcs.

Looking at wiki, i see thats the island quest.

Yep didnt have any issues with it back then.

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Well i cant exactly say if the latest fixes bugged it somehow coz i completed it pre nora quest fix if i recall.
Still i dont see any reason for the npc or the quest "thornes of the black rose" to break.
Doubt dazedanon went around messing with all quests or npcs.
The only thing I can think that it might be due to the changes to the actors names that was made recently. If something is tied to the original Japanese it might break it

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017
The only thing I can think that it might be due to the changes to the actors names that was made recently. If something is tied to the original Japanese it might break it
How recent was that though?
Was it post Nora quest fix?

1691770289750.png 1691770334274.png

In my save as u can see i have both swimsuits given by that quest (imcomplete swuimsuit eventually turns into sage swuimsuit) if i recall

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017
Ah it was before it according to the history. So yeah then I'm not sure what may be causing it. I'd have to test it with his save and see if its a problem with the MTL or just his game.
Knowing how rpgmaker saves can work its possible that he tried to load a very old save in a recent version of the game and that messed up the variables registered in the save.

Reactions: Bitamine

Maouhime

Aug 3, 2017
Dazedanon fixed the actors names long ago.
the simple fact your characters are using japanese names means u prob using a really old version , or made the during said old version.

Prob redownloading the game on first page and copy ur saves to it will most likely fix the issue. ( if u dont mind the japanese names stickign around)

3.40 star(s) 13 Votes