Mod Ren'Py The Grey Dream [Ep 4 v4.3 Steam/Non-Steam] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I've sorted all the bugs I can find. I'm close to the end of the VN with choreographing the MiniStat and putting in the final touches. I'll have code cleanup, compiling, and testing afterwards. If all goes well I see no reason why I can't get out a solid update that is bulletproof this evening... maybe even before dark. It's ~1545hrs here now for reference.
1685220533478.png 1685220656642.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaasje404

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod QM HoverMode detail:

One of the new features (I know, it's minor but it's been requested more than a few times) is a QM hover mode. This one is coded pretty slick, since the QM is toggled in one of three ways: via the MiniMenu, SanchoOptions, or HotKey "q". Each one effects the QM differently so it was a bit tricky to code intuitively and correctly.
  • Via the MiniMenu only toggles the QM On/Off regardless of any current setting (regardless of On/Off/Hover).
  • Via SanchoOptions and you get everything in one place to tweak the QM (teaser below).
  • Via HotKey "q" cycles through the QM stages (On/Off/Hover).
  • All three above populate an associated SanchoNotifications (the upper-left notification flag) to let you know what mode QM is in.
I made it so if the player has the HoverMode enabled that the QM is shown with SanchoOptions screen open so you can actually see the QuickMenu while adjusting parameters. Once the player is done adjusting it, if the HoverMode is still active then when SanchoOptions is closed the QM goes back into its HoverMode state (hidden until the player mouses over a specified target area). HoverMode is automatically reset to Off if the QM is disabled (so it remains intuitive to use). It's setting is saved on a per save file basis (as with most SanchoOptions I do my best not to never fuck with your persistent file). The default when starting the VN or within either Gallery is QM ON mode (non-hover mode).

Reactions: RNasc4444

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (Ep 3 Early Access)

Go get you some.

Links in OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

NOTE: I've sorted all the bugs I could find even fixing some of the minor dialogue issues. Works with compressed or uncompressed, doesn't matter since the archive in the mod is completely rewritten by me personally.

Changlelog:
  • Updated feature - Updated to latest mod Core v7b
  • Updated feature - SanchoGallery including new scene filters.
  • Updated feature - Updated SanchoCheats according to latest Core.
  • New feature - QM HoverMode. Additional QuickMenu customization found in SanchoOptions and can also be toggled with the appropriate HotKey "q". Described in detail in a post in the mod's thread here.
  • New feature - Added all the latest HotKeys. Alt+ArrowKeys for dialogue text size/opacity, Lower-case "g" for ChoiceGuide, Lower-case "m" for MiniStat, Lower-case "q" for QuickMenu, Lower-case "s" for medium SanchoStat, Lower-case "o" for SanchoOptions, Lower-case "c" for SanchoCheats. These work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently. (Yes, I took the "s" key. Use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots).
  • New feature - HotKey toggled "S" key found in SanchoCheats. Toggle allows the HotKey to set to either the default "S" or the alternative "T".
  • New feature - Dedicated mod sound volume control found in Preferences.
  • New feature - CriticalPath Popup Screen (in-game only). During critical points in conditionals behind the scenes (in the dev's code) provides you a popup that allows you to change important story scenarios on a case-by-case basis. Only populates if the ChoiceGuide is enabled.
  • New feature - MiniStat stat category expand/collapse toggle. Allows even more customization of the the UI.
  • New feature - SanchoAutoSave found on Save/Load page 69.
  • All the minor stuff you may or may not notice to make it even more polished.
If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

Last edited:

jasad

Dec 14, 2021
SanchoMod Update (Ep 3 Early Access)

Go get you some.

Links in OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

Changlelog:
  • Updated feature - Updated to latest mod Core v7b
  • Updated feature - SanchoGallery including new scene filters.
  • Updated feature - Updated SanchoCheats according to latest Core.
  • New feature - QM HoverMode. Additional QuickMenu customization found in SanchoOptions and can also be toggled with the appropriate HotKey "q". Described in detail in a post in the mod's thread here.
  • New feature - Added all the latest HotKeys. Alt+ArrowKeys for dialogue text size/opacity, Lower-case "g" for ChoiceGuide, Lower-case "m" for MiniStat, Lower-case "q" for QuickMenu, Lower-case "s" for medium SanchoStat, Lower-case "o" for SanchoOptions, Lower-case "c" for SanchoCheats. These work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently. (Yes, I took the "s" key. Use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots).
  • New feature - HotKey toggled "S" key found in SanchoCheats. Toggle allows the HotKey to set to either the default "S" or the alternative "T".
  • New feature - Dedicated mod sound volume control found in Preferences.
  • New feature - CriticalPath Popup Screen (in-game only). During critical points in conditionals behind the scenes (in the dev's code) provides you a popup that allows you to change important story scenarios on a case-by-case basis. Only populates if the ChoiceGuide is enabled.
  • New feature - MiniStat stat category expand/collapse toggle. Allows even more customization of the the UI.
  • New feature - SanchoAutoSave found on Save/Load page 69.
  • All the minor stuff you may or may not notice to make it even more polished.
If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.
thank you!

carmafia

Apr 13, 2019
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/SanchoMod/scripts/SM_Config.rpy", line 821, in <module>
NameError: name 'nor' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 515, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "SanchoMod/scripts/SM_Config.rpyc", line 214, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
TheGreyDream
Mon May 29 06:50:06 2023

Reactions: neto77777

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

While running game code:

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 515, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
TheGreyDream
Mon May 29 06:50:06 2023
What have you done bud? You do realize the "nor" is the VN's variable for "Nora". It's certainly defined. I can not replicate this error personally. Need more info from you bud.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The game freezes at the main menu when starting a new game using the mod ( it works fine without it)
The proper installation process is two steps, and only these two (for PC in English):
  1. Install a fresh/unadulterated version of the VN found on this site here (no hackery, no shenanigans, just the plain VN). You can do this in a new folder if you wish to retain your existing installation for whatever reason.
  2. Install the mod as directed in the OP (place all of the contents of the mod's zip inside the "/game" folder of the VN).
That's it, don't do anything else but start the VN and report back.

Sunbearlord

May 30, 2023
Same thing .
It works fine without the mod
And also works fine if I delete "Sanchomod.rpa" (although the game will be unplayable but it starts)

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Finally got caught up with the Dev on this one, and no problems I saw from the mod. Thank you so very much for your work on this!!!

Reactions: Sancho1969

liberatorus

Jun 12, 2022
Hi Sancho1969 found this bug when trying to use SanchoGallery.

Python:

While loading <'MatrixColor' <'Image' u'images/episode3/bt/bt1.png'> (0.2126, 0.7152, 0.0722, 0, 0, 0.2126, 0.7152, 0.0722, 0, 0, 0.2126, 0.7152, 0.0722, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1)>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/episode3/bt/bt1.png'.

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 3101, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 3611, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 2441, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 492, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 263, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 777, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/transition.py", line 368, in render
    top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 777, in render
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/screen.py", line 681, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 1184, in render
    st, at)
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 938, in render
    surf = render(d, rw, height - y, cst, cat)
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 1184, in render
    st, at)
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 1667, in render
    cwidth, cheight = sizeit('c', width, height, 0, 0)
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 1664, in sizeit
    rend = renpy.display.render.render_for_size(pos_d[pos], width, height, st, at)
  File "render.pyx", line 315, in renpy.display.render.render_for_size
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/viewport.py", line 631, in render
    surf = renpy.display.render.render(c, cw, ch, st, at)
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 787, in render
    rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
    st, at)
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/transform.py", line 933, in render
    return transform_render(self, width, height, st, at)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 116, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/im.py", line 607, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/im.py", line 271, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/im.py", line 1320, in load
    surf = cache.get(self.image)
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/im.py", line 271, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/im.py", line 688, in load
    raise e

Darwin-21.6.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
TheGreyDream 3.0Early_access
Thu Jun  1 23:41:35 2023

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi Sancho1969 found this bug when trying to use SanchoGallery.

Python:

While loading <'MatrixColor' <'Image' u'images/episode3/bt/bt1.png'> (0.2126, 0.7152, 0.0722, 0, 0, 0.2126, 0.7152, 0.0722, 0, 0, 0.2126, 0.7152, 0.0722, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1)>:

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 3101, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 3611, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 2441, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 492, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/transition.py", line 368, in render
    top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/screen.py", line 681, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
    st, at)
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 938, in render
    surf = render(d, rw, height - y, cst, cat)
    st, at)
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 1667, in render
    cwidth, cheight = sizeit('c', width, height, 0, 0)
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 1664, in sizeit
    rend = renpy.display.render.render_for_size(pos_d[pos], width, height, st, at)
  File "render.pyx", line 315, in renpy.display.render.render_for_size
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/viewport.py", line 631, in render
    surf = renpy.display.render.render(c, cw, ch, st, at)
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 787, in render
    rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
    st, at)
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/transform.py", line 933, in render
    return transform_render(self, width, height, st, at)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 116, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/im.py", line 607, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
    surf = image.load()
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/im.py", line 1320, in load
    surf = cache.get(self.image)
    surf = image.load()
  File "/Users/vikigenius/Downloads/Games/TheGreyDream.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/im.py", line 688, in load
    raise e

Darwin-21.6.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
TheGreyDream 3.0Early_access
Thu Jun  1 23:41:35 2023
Don't know what to tell you, that's a VN image and it's there:
1685677975213.png
I built the mod from the compressed VN... what are you using? (although it shouldn't matter giqui doesn't alter the image file types that I've seen before).

liberatorus

Jun 12, 2022
View attachment 2668629
I built the mod from the compressed VN... what are you using? (although it shouldn't matter giqui doesn't alter the image file types that I've seen before).
That's weird, I am using the MAC version of the game Episode 3 EA uncompressed with no other changes. I wonder if the Dev or whoever posted the MAC version messed something up. I will try to extract the episode 3 image rpa on the MAC version and report back.

liberatorus

Jun 12, 2022
View attachment 2668629
Found the issue. The compressed version does work for MAC. But the Uncompressed one found in the OP doesn't work because there is a Path issue.

I extracted the RPA and The Path on the uncompressed MAC version seems to be

images/Episode3/Sahneler/Bt/Bt/Bt1.png

which seems hugely messed up. So I decided to just switched to Compressed. But just a heads up.

Reactions: Sancho1969
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes