Mod Ren'Py The Grey Dream [Ep 4 v4.3 Steam/Non-Steam] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Fuck it. An executive decision is about to be made on my end.

Depending on the dev's response to the Steam release issue I'm going to rewrite the mod to contain the exact same binaries as the original fucked-up version. This means all the "old save file" fixes I made will be reverted and discarded. I'm not going to keep fighting this VN as I now have almost a dozen different "testing" builds of Ep4 and I just don't have time to keep sorting this now and into the future. If the VN is going to be released with fucked up binaries then those same files will be included in the mod.

If old saves don't load in the future then oh well, so be it.

With that said don't read into this. The dev and I get along great and I fully support him, but I just don't have time to keep sorting this fiasco of "Episode 4" release out. I'll wait for a response to the VN's post I made before making my final call, but just trying to be fully transparent with all of you folks.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Fuck it. An executive decision is about to be made on my end.

Depending on the dev's response to the Steam release issue I'm going to rewrite the mod to contain the exact same binaries as the original fucked-up version. This means all the "old save file" fixes I made will be reverted and discarded. I'm not going to keep fighting this VN as I now have almost a dozen different "testing" builds of Ep4 and I just don't have time to keep sorting this now and into the future. If the VN is going to be released with fucked up binaries then those same files will be included in the mod.

If old saves don't load in the future then oh well, so be it.

With that said don't read into this. The dev and I get along great and I fully support him, but I just don't have time to keep sorting this fiasco of "Episode 4" release out. I'll wait for a response to the VN's post I made before making my final call, but just trying to be fully transparent with all of you folks.
Dev replied here, seems something's off with the compressed.
I've pinged SonsOLiberty here for confirmation.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yeah, I lost power, major storm hit, I uploaded the wrong version, I had both sitting in the same directory. Will have to wait till I'm sure power will stay on.
Don't sweat it bud, the next few days are going to be really rough on most of us... I'm almost certain to lose power Mon or Tue when it's the coldest here... happens every deep freeze in TX for me.

Reactions: ash996

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Don't sweat it bud, the next few days are going to be really rough on most of us... I'm almost certain to lose power Mon or Tue when it's the coldest here... happens every deep freeze in TX for me.
Without power for more than 11 hours, below zero temperatures, few animals ended up biting the dust because of it. No water, it was all frozen since there was no power for heaters. The transformer or maybe two, looked like a bomb went off, blew it to kingdom come, then not sure what else happened.

Thankfully I had a nice wood stove.

Correct version is posted now, compressed be going up soon....

The Grey Dream [v4.3 Steam] [TheGreys]
Compressed post is located here.

Last edited:
Reactions: ash996 and xsikal

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Without power for more than 11 hours, below zero temperatures, few animals ended up biting the dust because of it. No water, it was all frozen since there was no power for heaters. The transformer or maybe two, looked like a bomb went off, blew it to kingdom come, then not sure what else happened.

Thankfully I had a nice wood stove.

Correct version is posted now, compressed be going up soon....

The Grey Dream [v4.3 Steam] [TheGreys]
Compressed post is located here.
Damn bud... y'all take care. I'm bringing my crew in Sun to drain all the irrigation piping and sort out any pump/well prep. I have a few hog dogs that'll have to make due with hay in a barrel but I can't fix it all in a weekend. I can only get one generator running ATM so hopefully that'll do in a pinch... otherwise I'll sleep in the Denali which is full of diesel.

Reactions: ash996 and xsikal

Esna

Sep 10, 2017
Damn bud... y'all take care. I'm bringing my crew in Sun to drain all the irrigation piping and sort out any pump/well prep. I have a few hog dogs that'll have to make due with hay in a barrel but I can't fix it all in a weekend. I can only get one generator running ATM so hopefully that'll do in a pinch... otherwise I'll sleep in the Denali which is full of diesel.
Take care of yourself and your loved ones first and foremost, I'm sure those of us that can read, can wait.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
See post here in the VN's thread.

I'm going to stick with the Steam version's VN core files for now. That said the save pointers are different than in the non-Steam version (effects Ep4 content/saves only). I'm not going to make two versions, just one that'll be Steam/non-Steam, so we're sticking with the steamed files until further notice.

Bottom line: some of your saves (in Ep4 content only, Prologue through Ep3 are fine) will either rollback or fail if you used my personal Ep4 mod from here. No biggie, either replay Ep4's content or allow the rollback to play forward and make new saves as needed. I've confirmed that the mod's AutoSave file for Ep4 is effected but it simply rolls back a bit, it doesn't fail, so you will be fine regardless.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Well, hopefully you don't have to sleep in the vehicle, if you do at least it's bigger than a semi-truckers bed :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, we are looking at near zero, to below zero temperatures for most of the week. We couldn't avoid winter forever.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm done.

I've also taken the liberty of adding back the "Side Story" that was missing in the Steam version.
1705193408353.png

Give me a bit to package it all up and integrity test the retail build. It should go smoothly though, so won't take too much time. BBL.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (Ep 4 v4.3 Steam/Non-Steam)
TGD SM B04r1.jpg TGD SM B04r2.jpg TGD SM B04r3.jpg TGD SM B04r4.jpg TGD SM B04r5.jpg
Go get you some.

Links in OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
SanchoMod Update (Ep 4 v4.3 Steam/Non-Steam)
View attachment 3260880 View attachment 3260881 View attachment 3260882 View attachment 3260883 View attachment 3260884
Go get you some.

Links in OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.
Nice, easy Steam achievements for me, will let you know if any bugfixes or the like show up ;)

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Nice, easy Steam achievements for me, will let you know if any bugfixes or the like show up ;)
There's just under 80 cheevos (there are some dupes so maybe ~low 70's). I didn't count the duplicates... so possibly best me saying 60-70 cheevos... give or take. Most are automatic, those that aren't are included in the ChoiceGuide.

Reactions: SonsOfLiberty
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes