Unity The Handyman [v1.1.2] [thecyborgmummy]

4.30 star(s) 32 Votes

11037AAA

Oct 20, 2018
thecyborgmummy I tested the new build you uploaded and it seems like crashes or softlocks are way less common now. I wasn't able to ge past Day 2 before, and now this is fixed and I only had like 2 softlocks in 2 hours of game. I was softlocked in Day 2 when talking to Tanya about where you could find more shelvings. Her first dialogue option when asking about the shelvings reappeared once the dialogue was normally over, except I couldn't press the 'Continue' on the dialogue box. I haven't tried it again, so I have no idea I was just unlucky or if it's systematic.

Also, dunno if it's a bug or something that has been changed and me not being aware of it, but I can't find the ghost anymore when starting Day 5 and heading to the stairs. Haven't finished Day 5 on that update yet.

thecyborgmummy

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2019
thecyborgmummy I tested the new build you uploaded and it seems like crashes or softlocks are way less common now. I wasn't able to ge past Day 2 before, and now this is fixed and I only had like 2 softlocks in 2 hours of game. I was softlocked in Day 2 when talking to Tanya about where you could find more shelvings. Her first dialogue option when asking about the shelvings reappeared once the dialogue was normally over, except I couldn't press the 'Continue' on the dialogue box. I haven't tried it again, so I have no idea I was just unlucky or if it's systematic.

Also, dunno if it's a bug or something that has been changed and me not being aware of it, but I can't find the ghost anymore when starting Day 5 and heading to the stairs. Haven't finished Day 5 on that update yet.
Thanks for the feedback. If you come across that dialog lock on day 2 again, let me know. I haven't been able to reproduce it. The ghosts behavior has been changed as of v0.5.3, it no longer appears by default on day 5, and must be triggered during the day... somehow :) this was to make it more consistent with future story plans.

Henta1noKami

Nov 29, 2017
ohhhh!!! i kept trying to win it and got to the ninth level xD well at least now i lknow i aint gonna try to win thanks :)

it lasts forever. only way to exit is to fail the game. you don't get any additional dialogue if you last longer or anything

flippityflop

Jun 29, 2020
thecyborgmummy, are you considering bringing this game to Steam sometime in the future?
I already bought it on itch. but wouldn't mind buying it again. Especially if you'll consider adding achievements and trading cards. :D

But more importantly, I think Steam would be a good place for this game to get some extra exposure.

thecyborgmummy

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2019
thecyborgmummy, are you considering bringing this game to Steam sometime in the future?
I already bought it on itch. but wouldn't mind buying it again. Especially if you'll consider adding achievements and trading cards. :D

But more importantly, I think Steam would be a good place for this game to get some extra exposure.
Thanks, I appreciate that. It is something that I've considered, and will probably happen at some point. For right now, I kind of like the simplicity both of itch and of having a smaller following. it's probably the kind of thing i will look into more seriously as i approach v1.0 which is still a ways off.

flippityflop

Jun 29, 2020
Thanks, I appreciate that. It is something that I've considered, and will probably happen at some point. For right now, I kind of like the simplicity both of itch and of having a smaller following. it's probably the kind of thing i will look into more seriously as i approach v1.0 which is still a ways off.
I hear ya.
I just think your game is criminally overlooked. But I get where you're coming from. Too much attention can become exhausting pretty quick and difficult to handle. Especially when it's a one man operation.

In any case, good luck to you! Can't wait for the new update!

Silreve

Jun 23, 2018
I keep having an issue on Day 6 with the cursor constantly becoming unable to interact with anything. It turns black and I cannot move or click on anything, usually after interacting with Brooke. Not sure if I am doing something to cause this or if it is a bug.

4.30 star(s) 32 Votes