Unity The Handyman [v1.1.2] [thecyborgmummy]

4.30 star(s) 32 Votes

thecyborgmummy

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2019
I was able to talk normally to Oki while she was in the closet (as normally as you can talk to someone hiding in a closet at least :) ).
I struggled but finally managed to find a way to draw some passage on the whiteboard and that made Tanya leave.
Told Oki the coast was clear, she walked out and I got the silent treatment.
Hope this helps.
i believe the oki issue is related to an audio bug. while oki tries to initialize the scene it's trying to load oki's noises, but the game thinks they're already loaded. i suspect this might be related to omar and jess. can you try getting oki out of the closet without dealing with jess? read the notebook on tanya's desk and then you should be able to do the same whiteboard option to deal with tanya. and then you can see if oki still gets stuck, or if she behaves normally.

beepbop412

Jun 11, 2021
Finally got around to Day 11 and woo boy, it was something to say the least. Guess we're diving deeper into this crazy world thecyborgmummy has created. Our change of venue might have been a short one but I'm sure we'll return to the Dean's Office one day for a one on one session with the Dean:BootyTime:. But for now, here are some of the main highlights/suggestions/questions as usual (Sorry for there being so many points. It's just SO. DAMN. INTERESTING.):
*Denoting attached Pictures for references

PLEASE IGNORE IF YOU WISH TO AVOID SPOILERS

a*) The Dean is hands down the most interesting character despite not having any romance scenes as of Day 11. She's direct to the point and her vast knowledge on the Church/Eons was a major lore drop. Furthermore, she has so much depth despite the mystery surrounding her background. It looks like the previous observation I made is slowly being confirmed. I have a feeling this "Destroiher" fellow is someone we're all quite familiar with :coffee:
Whether she's a serial killer (as theorized by Jess), a secret cult member who enjoys Marvel movies, or an ex-adult actress, I can't help but be enthralled with this character.
b*) Do the outfits have any lore reason behind them besides a glimpse at the characters' personalities? If so that unlockable skin for the Dean (the one with the mask) is gonna lead to some crazy revelations that go beyond the "Eyes Wide Shut" movie vibes it's giving.
c*) Great use of Latin. Lol'd when I searched up what the name "Ille Qui Reparat" meant (For those interested, it's "He Who Repairs"). A follow-up to this, do the names used in this fictional religion actually mean anything? Went through different languages and found possible translations:
- Anavrin - The Unveiling अनावरण (Hindi)
- Ad Rubrum Praetorium - To The Red Palace/Headquarters (Latin)
- Optima-Theh Eon - [The] Best Eon (Latin)
- Ih-Mohn Eon - He Hummed همهن Eon (Arabic)
- Suk-Jest Eon [The Virtuous] - Suk-It's Eon (Polish) ok that's a joke, Pleasures सुख-जेस्त ीों (Hindi)
- *Ghi-Vohemn Eon [The Wise] - Housewife/Mistress or Where They Are? (Hindi for Sanskrit, not really sure about this translation)
-* Yoy-Ashua Eon [The Architect] - Yeshua/Jesus Eon (Hebrew/Greek)
* Forgot the last two, Yoy-Ashua is only available in the Forgoing route

d) There seems to be a static/humming sound near the refrigerator in the "Red Lobby," is that a bug or a deliberate choice? If it's the latter, then the "He Hummed" translation for Ih-Mohn Eon makes more sense
e) Did you come up with the "Eon" naming scheme for the "gods" as a result of Suk-Jest Eon OR did you already think of the names beforehand then made a pun afterwards?
f) Potential Bug Report - Was redoing previous days to get certain game "states" and found that you can't pick up any of the potential items (Paper Bird, Top Shelf, nor Workbench) for "Forgoing the Rules" in Day 10 (will DM dev if requested)
g) THIS IS REALLY MINOR but going back to previous Days made me realize how there's a lot of hair dye around the Dorm. I get that it's a girls Dorm so it would make sense but I was just curious if Danna was a real redhead despite having copper dye in her drawer
h) Why can't Jess play with Grant's Joystick? :( Sad to see our boy become Player 2 to Omar

REAL HEAVY SPOILERS IN THE FOLLOWING POINTS, TURN BACK NOW IF YOU DON'T WANT YOUR EXPERIENCE RUINED

i*) Speculation 1: For those who saw Suk-Jest Eon (SK E) in Day 11, you may have missed that after SK E turns on the lamp light and gives us a warning, she grows a baby bump. Looks like the retconned "light in the darkness" will be her child with He Who Repairs
j) Speculation 2: One thing I'm trying to wrap my head around is the usage of "Eonism" as the ancient/original name of the Church of Infinite. According to definitions on the internet, Eonism (named after a French Spy, Charles Eon de Beaumont, who later identified as female in life) refers to a trans/crossing-dressing individual particularly from male to female.
Could it be Grant Autou's offspring with Suk-Jest Eon will simply be a female reincarnation of him? Will the Church of Infinite and/or Eons force Grant into a sex change OR celibacy by making him into eunich with the ceremonnial dagger (OUCH:WutFace:)? Will this game end with a female Handyman working at a Frat House? Only time will tell next Time on the Handyman.

SUGGESTIONS AND COMMENTS, mainly for dev

k) Suggestion 1: Speaking of Time, with the increasing complexity of the diverging paths in the game, it's going to get harder to achieve certain game "states" manually. Maybe we can have an option to easily select certain "events" in previous Days as long as we were able to do them in-game previously. Perhaps this is where we can use the Eons' "Lobby" with the sundial in order to "go through time" and achieve certain outcomes.
l) Suggestion 2: Perhaps cosmetics can be editable in a certain way such as removing parts of it or changing its color. Examples would be removing the Dean's mask and Araceli's Glasses, or changing the color of Tanya's swimsuit outfit
m) Suggestion 3: I vaguely remember that the game's Wiki was shut down due to their mandate of not allowing NSFW content. I'm not sure if that was Fandom or not, but maybe you can go back to that since the current is unreliable. If they still don't allow you, that's pretty shitty of them considering they allow House Party to have a which is arguably more explicit in terms of its adult content.
n) Suggestion 4/Speculation: The preview picture of Day 12 hyped me up because it's the first to feature TWO characters at the same time hehe Does this mean we'll finally have a "group" session:PogChamp:? If not, I'm sure a lot of us here would appreciate it Mr. Thecyborgmummy!
Also, is that other preview for Day 12 a... sex robot? Oh Brooke, what have you done

With only 4 days left, hopefully the following Days would be much easier to develop since we have two established environments already. This update has been a great addition but it's sad to hear that Day 15 is the finale. Still, all good things must come to an end. I'm sure the legacy of thecyborgmummy and the Handyman will be... Infinite:illuminati:.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

DbroKing

May 14, 2020
i believe the oki issue is related to an audio bug. while oki tries to initialize the scene it's trying to load oki's noises, but the game thinks they're already loaded. i suspect this might be related to omar and jess. can you try getting oki out of the closet without dealing with jess? read the notebook on tanya's desk and then you should be able to do the same whiteboard option to deal with tanya. and then you can see if oki still gets stuck, or if she behaves normally.
That might be the case... since I'm not too fond of netorare (to whatever extent it applies here) I didn't start the omar and jess scene out of spite, so I'll check to see if your idea works
and having read this...
I probably will end the day before doing that still

DbroKing

May 14, 2020
alright fine I tried it out and yes, if I ignore Jess, Oki works fine. I also compensated for the cuckoldry by going into the animations after fully unlocking Jess, so no worries, I live.
Btw, that means I also got to end the day and uhm...
holup, lemme just-
would really like to see more of that stuff tbh, really intriguing

thecyborgmummy

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2019
alright fine I tried it out and yes, if I ignore Jess, Oki works fine. I also compensated for the cuckoldry by going into the animations after fully unlocking Jess, so no worries, I live.
Btw, that means I also got to end the day and uhm...
holup, lemme just-
would really like to see more of that stuff tbh, really intriguing
Thank you for checking.

thecyborgmummy

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2019
Finally got around to Day 11 and woo boy, it was something to say the least. Guess we're diving deeper into this crazy world thecyborgmummy has created. Our change of venue might have been a short one but I'm sure we'll return to the Dean's Office one day for a one on one session with the Dean:BootyTime:. But for now, here are some of the main highlights/suggestions/questions as usual (Sorry for there being so many points. It's just SO. DAMN. INTERESTING.):
*Denoting attached Pictures for references

PLEASE IGNORE IF YOU WISH TO AVOID SPOILERS

a*) The Dean is hands down the most interesting character despite not having any romance scenes as of Day 11. She's direct to the point and her vast knowledge on the Church/Eons was a major lore drop. Furthermore, she has so much depth despite the mystery surrounding her background. It looks like the previous observation I made is slowly being confirmed. I have a feeling this "Destroiher" fellow is someone we're all quite familiar with :coffee:
Whether she's a serial killer (as theorized by Jess), a secret cult member who enjoys Marvel movies, or an ex-adult actress, I can't help but be enthralled with this character.
b*) Do the outfits have any lore reason behind them besides a glimpse at the characters' personalities? If so that unlockable skin for the Dean (the one with the mask) is gonna lead to some crazy revelations that go beyond the "Eyes Wide Shut" movie vibes it's giving.
c*) Great use of Latin. Lol'd when I searched up what the name "Ille Qui Reparat" meant (For those interested, it's "He Who Repairs"). A follow-up to this, do the names used in this fictional religion actually mean anything? Went through different languages and found possible translations:
- Anavrin - The Unveiling अनावरण (Hindi)
- Ad Rubrum Praetorium - To The Red Palace/Headquarters (Latin)
- Optima-Theh Eon - [The] Best Eon (Latin)
- Ih-Mohn Eon - He Hummed همهن Eon (Arabic)
- Suk-Jest Eon - Suk-It's Eon (Polish) ok that's a joke, Pleasures सुख-जेस्त ीों (Hindi)

d) There seems to be a static/humming sound near the refrigerator in the "Red Lobby," is that a bug or a deliberate choice? If it's the latter, then the "He Hummed" translation for Ih-Mohn Eon makes more sense
e) Did you come up with the "Eon" naming scheme for the "gods" as a result of Suk-Jest Eon OR did you already think of the names beforehand then made a pun afterwards?
f) Potential Bug Report - Was redoing previous days to get certain game "states" and found that you can't pick up any of the potential items (Paper Bird, Top Shelf, nor Workbench) for "Forgoing the Rules" in Day 10 (will DM dev if requested)
g) THIS IS REALLY MINOR but going back to previous Days made me realize how there's a lot of hair dye around the Dorm. I get that it's a girls Dorm so it would make sense but I was just curious if Danna was a real redhead despite having copper dye in her drawer
h) Why can't Jess play with Grant's Joystick? :( Sad to see our boy become Player 2 to Omar

REAL HEAVY SPOILERS IN THE FOLLOWING POINTS, TURN BACK NOW IF YOU DON'T WANT YOUR EXPERIENCE RUINED

i*) Speculation 1: For those who saw Suk-Jest Eon (SK E) in Day 11, you may have missed that after SK E turns on the lamp light and gives us a warning, she grows a baby bump. Looks like the retconned "light in the darkness" will be her child with He Who Repairs
j) Speculation 2: One thing I'm trying to wrap my head around is the usage of "Eonism" as the ancient/original name of the Church of Infinite. According to definitions on the internet, Eonism (named after a French Spy, Charles Eon de Beaumont, who later identified as female in life) refers to a trans/crossing-dressing individual particularly from male to female.
Could it be Grant Autou's offspring with Suk-Jest Eon will simply be a female reincarnation of him? Will the Church of Infinite and/or Eons force Grant into a sex change OR celibacy by making him into eunich with the ceremonnial dagger (OUCH:WutFace:)? Will this game end with a female Handyman working at a Frat House? Only time will tell next Time on the Handyman.

SUGGESTIONS AND COMMENTS, mainly for dev

k) Suggestion 1: Speaking of Time, with the increasing complexity of the diverging paths in the game, it's going to get harder to achieve certain game "states" manually. Maybe we can have an option to easily select certain "events" in previous Days as long as we were able to do them in-game previously. Perhaps this is where we can use the Eons' "Lobby" with the sundial in order to "go through time" and achieve certain outcomes.
l) Suggestion 2: Perhaps cosmetics can be editable in a certain way such as removing parts of it or changing its color. Examples would be removing the Dean's mask and Araceli's Glasses, or changing the color of Tanya's swimsuit outfit
m) Suggestion 3: I vaguely remember that the game's Wiki was shut down due to their mandate of not allowing NSFW content. I'm not sure if that was Fandom or not, but maybe you can go back to that since the current is unreliable. If they still don't allow you, that's pretty shitty of them considering they allow House Party to have a which is arguably more explicit in terms of its adult content.
n) Suggestion 4/Speculation: The preview picture of Day 12 hyped me up because it's the first to feature TWO characters at the same time hehe Does this mean we'll finally have a "group" session:PogChamp:? If not, I'm sure a lot of us here would appreciate it Mr. Thecyborgmummy!
Also, is that other preview for Day 12 a... sex robot? Oh Brooke, what have you done

With only 4 days left, hopefully the following Days would be much easier to develop since we have two established environments already. This update has been a great addition but it's sad to hear that Day 15 is the finale. Still, all good things must come to an end. I'm sure the legacy of thecyborgmummy and the Handyman will be... Infinite:illuminati:.

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself :) I will address some of these and leave others to your speculation.

d) static is intentional
e) SJ E came first
f) being able to interact with those 3 things is only possible (on current and future builds) if you have D8- and do not have D8- . if you have power of suggestion, that will take priority and grant won't be able to join Tanya. BUT if you're saying you don't have that situation and you're still being blocked, i'd probably like to take a look at your save file.
g) are you saying there might be something fishy about Danna?
m) Yes, the handyman was kicked off of Fandom previously. I don't have any interest in trying to re-upload all of the images and text to that site. despite being kicked off, they were actually quite decent about it at the time and allowed me to collect everything off of the site over several weeks before they shut it down. I don't want to try sneaking back in when I feel like they acted in good faith. i don't know why they allow house party, but i also don't want to blow up house parties situation, so i'm going to leave that alone. admittedly, the current host losing my data (and i was not the only one affected by that) was a pretty big fuck up. for what it's worth, they acknowledged it and apologized. if that, or something like it, happens again, i will consider moving the guide. But being blocked out because of hitting the daily hit limit is not a factor i am concerned about. it happened on day 10 release, on day 11 release and i'm sure every subsequent day will be the same. every other day of the year we're at like 2% of the daily hit limit.
n) stranger things have happened (stranger things WILL happen).

beepbop412

Jun 11, 2021
I'm glad you enjoyed yourself :) I will address some of these and leave others to your speculation.

d) static is intentional
e) SJ E came first
f) being able to interact with those 3 things is only possible (on current and future builds) if you have D8- and do not have D8- . if you have power of suggestion, that will take priority and grant won't be able to join Tanya. BUT if you're saying you don't have that situation and you're still being blocked, i'd probably like to take a look at your save file.
g) are you saying there might be something fishy about Danna?
m) Yes, the handyman was kicked off of Fandom previously. I don't have any interest in trying to re-upload all of the images and text to that site. despite being kicked off, they were actually quite decent about it at the time and allowed me to collect everything off of the site over several weeks before they shut it down. I don't want to try sneaking back in when I feel like they acted in good faith. i don't know why they allow house party, but i also don't want to blow up house parties situation, so i'm going to leave that alone. admittedly, the current host losing my data (and i was not the only one affected by that) was a pretty big fuck up. for what it's worth, they acknowledged it and apologized. if that, or something like it, happens again, i will consider moving the guide. But being blocked out because of hitting the daily hit limit is not a factor i am concerned about. it happened on day 10 release, on day 11 release and i'm sure every subsequent day will be the same. every other day of the year we're at like 2% of the daily hit limit.
n) stranger things have happened (stranger things WILL happen).

Thanks again for the responses! Excitement for Day 12 increased even more after your response to point n):KEK:

I guess the only remaining comment I have is in regards to point f). I'm glad that we cleared up the requirements for Day 10 but find that the restrictions being tied to Day 8 ruins the immersion. The dialogue in Day 10 makes it seem like you have the option to choose between either "Forgoing the Rules" or "Power of Suk-Jest Eon" as long as you have the events you mentioned in Day 8. Perhaps there can be dialogue to indicate you can no longer do "Forgoing the Rules" OR, preferably, the return of both being available. The latter is so that we can choose one option on Day 10 instead of being hard locked out of a choice.

Regardless, appreciate the time you give in interacting with the community and cool to see you maintaining the cryptic vibe with your responses:illuminati: (Like man, what does "something fishy about Danna" even mean? Don't tell me she's the Queen of Atlantis:WaitWhat:)

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2019
I was pretty sad that one of the only games on here I still bother following (cuz its great) came out with an update right as I was leaving for school and wouldn't be able to bring my big desktop with me. But, turns out with wine this thing, which as a 3D game I did NOT expect to work, actually functions on a <$100 chromebook I bought like 4 years ago. The power of wine. And maybe some optimization by dev. It even runs on better graphics settings, as in it doesn't crash, however it's barely playable even on low because how slow it runs. Amazing.

Anyway, if anyone has posted a save they want to link me to in this thread, I'd appreciate it, playing through this entire game on chromebook to see the new stuff is its own special type of hard mode.

Jack_Smythe

Feb 27, 2019
I just have a couple of questions for getting scenes:

What are the requirements for Tanya in the Red Lobby?

And what requirements have Oki present on Day 11?

It's been so long since I've played that Tanya, during the Eye Therapy, refers to my girlfriend and I have no idea who she is talking about. :( Is there an actual sex scene with Tanya in Day 11?

Thanks in advance for any info!

thecyborgmummy

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2019
I just have a couple of questions for getting scenes:

What are the requirements for Tanya in the Red Lobby?

And what requirements have Oki present on Day 11?

It's been so long since I've played that Tanya, during the Eye Therapy, refers to my girlfriend and I have no idea who she is talking about. :( Is there an actual sex scene with Tanya in Day 11?

Thanks in advance for any info!
Tanya in the Red Lobby: D8- did NOT happen & Grant does not have a girlfriend.

Oki: D10-

If you look back at your previous days info, you can tell which girlfriend you have: Oki (D10- ), Shontel (D6- ), Araceli (D10- )

Fair warning, before you go running back through old days to get events you want, you may want to just hang tight for a bit. I will be posting info onto the guide in the next hour or so that will save you a lot of time.

Reactions: DWTD

Jack_Smythe

Feb 27, 2019
Tanya in the Red Lobby: D8- did NOT happen & Grant does not have a girlfriend.

Oki: D10-

If you look back at your previous days info, you can tell which girlfriend you have: Oki (D10- ), Shontel (D6- ), Araceli (D10- )

Fair warning, before you go running back through old days to get events you want, you may want to just hang tight for a bit. I will be posting info onto the guide in the next hour or so that will save you a lot of time.
Appreciate all the help! You have one of the best games on the site! Keep up the hard work!

Talys42

Dec 17, 2018
thecyborgmummy

I gotta say, I'm extremely impressed by this game. You've definitely put a lot of thought and work into this game. Is it just you working on this? If so, wow. I'm only disappointed that you'll stop at day 15 because I'd like to see this continue beyond! I hope you plan to make more games like this in the future, because you are VERY good at this. This, for me, is on par with House Party and I'm blown away that you are only charging $6 for this amount of content. I'd easily pay $10.

I hope you plan to make more future titles after this one. Do you have plans or ideas, if so? Perhaps an office game? Maybe Handyman 2 where we get to go around the actual college grounds following more of Grant's adventures?

• Red Heart
Reactions: thecyborgmummy

GangstaDj

Feb 6, 2019
Hey Can someone upload v1.1.1 with teh bug fixes, i cant have sex with Araceli in Day 4 in the current version

thecyborgmummy

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2019
thecyborgmummy

I gotta say, I'm extremely impressed by this game. You've definitely put a lot of thought and work into this game. Is it just you working on this? If so, wow. I'm only disappointed that you'll stop at day 15 because I'd like to see this continue beyond! I hope you plan to make more games like this in the future, because you are VERY good at this. This, for me, is on par with House Party and I'm blown away that you are only charging $6 for this amount of content. I'd easily pay $10.

I hope you plan to make more future titles after this one. Do you have plans or ideas, if so? Perhaps an office game? Maybe Handyman 2 where we get to go around the actual college grounds following more of Grant's adventures?
Thanks for the feedback and kind words. We're probably at least 2 years away from me having day 15 done, so you don't have to worry about that too much for a while. Probably won't do a handyman 2. i don't have plans, but i have plenty of thoughts. at this point (again, years away from anything), i would most likely either go more focused or more abstract. the focused route would be along the lines of, a guy and a girl in an apartment and a more robust animation system which would allow for an array of different potential interactions. No overarching story, but think of it a bit like all the girls from the dorm are combined into one more complex (in terms of behavior), more dynamic girl. The more abstract approach would be me leaning into my tabletop affinity, potentially something along the lines of Marvel United, but instead of Marvel villains you're trying to defeat, it would be girls you're trying to woo.

4.30 star(s) 32 Votes