PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
I have been playing for a few hours saved a few times. Just got a boot with comments hacked game detected. I call Bullshit on your detection skills. So what triggered the lie? That I worked three hours at the H.S. used glory, then went to city hall and worked for eight hours? Boot yeah, some hacking skills I used. Idiot program?

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
WHOW - faster than even i have expected:
now down to 94
well
they/he asked hard for
they/he maybe dont realize that most patrons looking for games at sites like N95 - and decide to pay or not ..
i really liked the idea of that game at start .. well shit happens

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
yeah - this game was really promising first. But when you start to think about it in an objective way, it never could end sucessfull. As "more girls" doesn't mean "more content", much more it mean's "more repetitive boring shit".

And instead of helping people to enjoy the game, and maybe even implement a "noneed()" to use, (which would be like 5 minutes of work, and modding would be not needed at all), they rather decide to block modders in a way that even normal faithful players get thrown out by false-detection.

Far more than that:
The gamecode is the developer's, but the savegames are MINE. They are content created by me on MY system and stored on MY system. With what rights does the developer DELETE files on my system without my acknowledgement? It's like Microsoft would say "oh - you used another mail client, we will delete your stored Outlook mails now".
That's a criminal act over here where i live.
It should be considered to take the game inclussive it's developer out from F95 at all

Azsouth

Mar 1, 2021
after leaving the rail station at 7pm and going to the lofts I couldn't click on any buildings anymore and I ran the hours out until morning, still nothing, like the disappearing girl bug just got steroids' and broke the game further

• Haha
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Spoil

Sep 30, 2019
The game updated to V05.9c and can be downloaded at MEGA

V05.9c takes a more lenient approach to people who used stolen or hacked codes and simply blocks patreon only content.

The constant attacks, misinformation and bully tactics employed by the collection of modders who seem to be camped on this thread is unfortunate, but we will soldier on regardless.
We may enable modding in the future, but for now, that future seems very distant.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Wlms

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Far more than that:
The gamecode is the developer's, but the savegames are MINE. They are content created by me on MY system and stored on MY system. With what rights does the developer DELETE files on my system without my acknowledgement? It's like Microsoft would say "oh - you used another mail client, we will delete your stored Outlook mails now".
That's a criminal act over here where i live.
It should be considered to take the game inclussive it's developer out from F95 at all
They don't delete them, they simply corrupt them (sabotaging files like this amounts to violating of CFAA, reading the thread shows they updated language to say it “may”, an attempt to legally indemnify their behavior, but a judge sided against a copyright holder because the DRM behavior was specifically to do just that).
V05.9c takes a more lenient approach to people who used stolen or hacked codes.

The constant attacks, misinformation and bully tactics employed by the collection of modders who seem to be camped on this thread is unfortunate, but we will soldier on regardless.
We may enable modding in the future, but for now, that future seems very distant.
...Yeah, good luck with that. Misinformation? Everyone has the previous version (0.05.9b), before any chance you've had to undo your behavior. They can easily restore the first 8 bytes of archive.rpa to 6D 61 64 6D 75 66 69 6E and simply unpack with rpatool (or any other rpa extraction tools, it's necessary for images), then use unrpyc and examine your code. If going to run and test, remove archive.rpa to prevent code attempting to define twice, blablabla. Anyone can check classes/Calendar.rpy+CellController/Screen.rpy+EventController.rpy+Initialize.rpy+Setters.rpy+Sprites.rpy+UpdateVersion.rpy, scripts/Checkers.rpy+ClickedEvents.rpy, blablabla...very easy to see the blacklisting of saves via Ren'Py persistent and deliberate sabotaging.

Blow snow up someone else's end about “misinformation”. Try looking at more successful games, such as Light of my Life, Summertime Saga, etc. No DRM, but far more successful. Their reason is content, specifically store. Grindy-games are more suited to MMORPGs and such... You're already targeting a niche audience, you need to specifically cater to attract people. Simple DRM is an honest reminder of supporting an author. PITA DRM is a good way to turn everyone away. Modding is something nearly everyone likes to do. As it stands, your game is a small 'dress up and short experience' game with little content, much like Borderlands claiming so many guns, but they're just combinations of limited content. ...People see through that kind of advertising. Instead of going defensive, admit you goofed and try to turn it into a learning experience. I do genuinely wish your project luck, but you? Oof.

Last edited:

Spoil

Sep 30, 2019
They don't delete them, they simply corrupt them (sabotaging files like this amounts to violating of CFAA, reading the thread shows they updated language to say it “may”, an attempt to legally indemnify their behavior, but a judge sided against a copyright holder because the DRM behavior was specifically to do just that).

...Yeah, good luck with that. Misinformation? Everyone has the previous version (0.05.9b), before any chance you've had to undo your behavior. They can easily restore the first 8 bytes of archive.rpa to 6D 61 64 6D 75 66 69 6E and simply unpack with rpatool (or any other rpa extraction tools, it's necessary for images), then use unrpyc and examine your code. If going to run and test, remove archive.rpa to prevent code attempting to define twice, blablabla. Anyone can check classes/Calendar.rpy+CellController/Screen.rpy+EventController.rpy+Initialize.rpy+Setters.rpy+Sprites.rpy+UpdateVersion.rpy, scripts/Checkers.rpy+ClickedEvents.rpy, blablabla...very easy to see the blacklisting of saves via persistent and deliberate sabotaging.

Blow snow up someone else's end about “misinformation”.
I never argue with an idiot...
They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

There have been criminal convictions for CFAA violations in the context of civil law, for breach of contract or terms of service violations. Many common and insignificant online acts, such as password-sharing and copyright infringement, can transform a CFAA misdemeanor into a felony.

Last edited:

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
I never argue with an idiot...
They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
I take it English isn't your first language, or you're rather dull? You call me an idiot, but then admit I beat you with experience. You're hopeless, you think like those MAGA freaks*. Moreover, you don't want to learn, oh well. Either that or you don't understand English, in which point I'd offer an apology, but only if there is miscommunication on your end. Before this devolves any further and derails off-thread, Unwatching. On a last note, you offer all files freely and have no required agreement(s) against reverse-engineering anything, no infringement has occurred at all. As for password sharing, I wasn't given any password to share. I reverse-engineered it myself and even hinted at how I did that. You'd also have to prove damages. Good luck proving that. “Potential sales/subscriptions” isn't an argument. Not to mention, US law allows circumvention of DRM for accessibility and even specifically to fix issues for playability. Prove it that it isn't to fix bugs, which I specifically mentioned constantly were the result of bad DRM. Oh and CFAA wouldn't apply to me or anyone else here, you were wanting DMCA, which has exemptions for 'accessibility/bug fixing', etc. CFAA would apply to the whole marking saves and such. It only applies to those damaging or gaining unauth to a computer/system, does not apply to software, but it does to “damaging (save) files without permission”... ;) Go spend some time on your game, make it worthwhile for people to *want* to subscribe and support. I may or may not be a pirate that gladly supports and buys a lot of content from genuinely good stuff. For instance, my Steam account (I'd never use same names) has over 550 games and 1,200 items to it. *not the bad guy, take a hint, all you've done is burn yourself here*

* Not a Dem or Rep, not an "Inderp" either. Just saying.

Last edited:

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
How to solve this problem?
View attachment 1383994
Woops, forgot to actually click Unwatch. *facepalm* Anyway, that looks like an issue with hardware-acceleration or drivers, off-hand. Try Shift+G to open a Menu and switch your renderer (may crash, restart either way). Without hardware-acceleration, it may lag, but it might fix your issue. If using Intel graphics cards/integrated, don't, they're horrible. There are a few older AMD cards (mobile) that had a few driver bugs that weren't fixed, old though... If you can't read the menu when using Shift+G then instead hold Shift while starting Ren'Py to tell it to load to the Menu before fonts and such apply. Good luck. :)

Dark Knight21

Jun 27, 2018
Woops, forgot to actually click Unwatch. *facepalm* Anyway, that looks like an issue with hardware-acceleration or drivers, off-hand. Try Shift+G to open a Menu and switch your renderer (may crash, restart either way). Without hardware-acceleration, it may lag, but it might fix your issue. If using Intel graphics cards/integrated, don't, they're horrible. There are a few older AMD cards (mobile) that had a few driver bugs that weren't fixed, old though... If you can't read the menu when using Shift+G then instead hold Shift while starting Ren'Py to tell it to load to the Menu before fonts and such apply. Good luck. :)
Thanks it solved

Saiaxs

Oct 12, 2018

...Yeah, good luck with that. Misinformation? Everyone has the previous version (0.05.9b), before any chance you've had to undo your behavior. They can easily restore the first 8 bytes of archive.rpa to 6D 61 64 6D 75 66 69 6E and simply unpack with rpatool (or any other rpa extraction tools, it's necessary for images), then use unrpyc and examine your code. If going to run and test, remove archive.rpa to prevent code attempting to define twice, blablabla. Anyone can check classes/Calendar.rpy+CellController/Screen.rpy+EventController.rpy+Initialize.rpy+Setters.rpy+Sprites.rpy+UpdateVersion.rpy, scripts/Checkers.rpy+ClickedEvents.rpy, blablabla...very easy to see the blacklisting of saves via Ren'Py persistent and deliberate sabotaging.

Blow snow up someone else's end about “misinformation”. Try looking at more successful games, such as Light of my Life, Summertime Saga, etc. No DRM, but far more successful. Their reason is content, specifically store. Grindy-games are more suited to MMORPGs and such... You're already targeting a niche audience, you need to specifically cater to attract people. Simple DRM is an honest reminder of supporting an author. PITA DRM is a good way to turn everyone away. Modding is something nearly everyone likes to do. As it stands, your game is a small 'dress up and short experience' game with little content, much like Borderlands claiming so many guns, but they're just combinations of limited content. ...People see through that kind of advertising. Instead of going defensive, admit you goofed and try to turn it into a learning experience. I do genuinely wish your project luck, but you? Oof.
Dude Light of My Life is an EXCELLENT game that I desperately want updates more frequently lol

Lockyn87

Oct 6, 2018
Android version kept crashing. Something about a hacked game so I deleted. Will dl on comp now. Like the game so far.

Altaviat

May 16, 2017
V05.9c takes a more lenient approach to people who used stolen or hacked codes and simply blocks patreon only content.
FYI: I am NOT (and never been) any kind of programmer/coder, I'm just an old gamer, but even I was able within 1,5-2 hours to unpack v0.05.9b, override cheat protection, set needed variables and start to play the game my way...
So... No stolen codes here and no blocked content for me.
Oh, I forgot... No shitty messages "Hacked game detected. Exiting." :ROFLMAO:

P.S. This reminds me another "security freak" dev here...

FloppySausage

Jan 10, 2021
Man all that hassle with the Patreon Code made me expect a good game but this is barely mediocre at best.
I don't mean to be harsh but Jesus some of the facial expressions are monstrous.
The story is also a bit cringe and the UI is a bit clunky.

Don't get me wrong, it has potential if handled well.
But currently, the dev is focusing on the wrong area (illegal activity) instead of the actual game.

Don't let your greed drive you...

frank_hurst83

Mar 31, 2018
I'll give 5.9c a try and see what happens, but just to throw my 2 cents in here you can count me among those who played the previous version just fine (vanishing girls aside), used only the provided codes (not the patreon ones), and who got booted and accused of hacking after updating to 5.9b. Did absolutely nothing wrong, at least that I'm aware of.

3.00 star(s) 148 Votes