tg

May 1, 2017
started new game on latest version..
random error at the start after the intro when heading to classes if I click on English class.
I just rollbacked and ignored it but there should be a scene there like the other classes..

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 829, in <module>
NameError: name 'claire_emb_train1' is not defined
-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------
Full traceback:
File "intro.rpyc", line 1485, in script call
File "script.rpyc", line 829, in script
File "C:\Misha\Games\MOE\TheHeadmaster-0.5.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1762, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "C:\Misha\Games\MOE\TheHeadmaster-0.5.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1944, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "C:\Misha\Games\MOE\TheHeadmaster-0.5.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1937, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/script.rpy", line 829, in <module>
NameError: name 'claire_emb_train1' is not defined
Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
The Headmaster 0.5.1
Sun Aug 25 14:04:06 2019
Hi, to solve this one, I changed:

Code:
label after_load:
    if day == 1:
        return
    call updater from _call_updater_43
    return

to this:

label after_load:
    if day == 1:
        $ claire_emb_train1 = False
        return
    call updater from _call_updater_43
    return
I'm not sure if the dev will do that though. But, it makes sense to put it there, for a troublefree new game. That's the only issue I had when I played through it off a fresh install.

Edit: oh, and I guess I should say, just before you enter the classroom, save and load that save, and then everything will be good. I didn't think to mention this in my post, but that's how the fix works, but loading a saved game.

darkcore

Apr 11, 2018
Version 0.5.2 Released
Update: Links at the bottom have been updated to version 0.5.2. Fixed a bug that meant you couldn't speak to the groundskeeper (meaning you coulnd't complete Ruth's quest). Fixed a bug that casued a crash when exiting the headmaster office on Friday afternoon. Here is a link to a to update 0.5.1 to 0.5.2. I've tested the patch on a PC but I don't have a mac so someone will need to let me know if the patch doesn't work.

Hi guys,
Version 0.5.1 is now ready and available to my $5 Patrons. The focus of this update is convincing the school inspector Ruth to let you punish the girls yourself. The game now updates automatically when you load a save so no need to skip to a new period. Check your quest log when you first start, this will guide you through the main quest.
The quest line involving the old headmasters death also advances this update. Make sure you go down to the lake in the morning to speak with Jimmy even if you already asked him about the old headmaster (this is an important step in the update and one that might be easily missed for old players).
There is now a water fight scene which can been seen by patrolling the halls at the weekend. You can now visit the dance teacher at her apartment and she will give you the reward she promised all the way back in version 0.2. You can visit the english teacher Claire and continue her ‘training’. There is also a follow up scene for Claire in her classroom (requires the confiscate underwear rule to have been unlocked).
This is not it for version 0.5. There was quite a bit of content I wanted to include this update but didn’t have the time (mostly spying scenes and mini events for the girls). So I’m going to be doing another mini update in a couple of weeks. I don’t want to set an exact date for it just yet though.
Full changelog:
  • New areas - Office reception, Teachers Lounge
  • New Staff Quest for the school inspector Ruth.
  • New scene for English teacher at her apartment and a follow up scene in the English classroom.
  • New patrol event for the science technician, Anna.
  • New patrol event for dance teacher, Trixie.
  • Can visit Trixie’s apartment for a repeatable H scene which will be expanded upon in future updates.
  • If you didn’t hire Trixie the first time around there is now a second opportunity to hire her (and a new cheat option to make it so you didn’t hire her).
  • New dream sequence.
  • New scenes for Sally and Miss Chang.
  • Water fight scene in two parts. (After the first part you’ll need to order a new item, which can be found under electronics)
For those who have played the beta version:
  • There is now a part 2 to the water fight.
  • Please note that when the game updated to version 0.5 I hadn’t correctly set the definition that records whether we had seen the scene with Claire holding the books up. Leading to a crash if you visited her classroom before seeing that scene. I’ve had to reset the definition meaning that people who’ve played that scene will have to play it again.
  • I’ve fixed a bug where the water fight scene wouldn’t trigger more than once or if you’d seen it in replay mode.
  • Fixed bug that caused a crash when talking to Sally after she's been in the shower.

(PC Version)

(MAC Version)

( Patch From 5.1 to 5.2 not tested on MAC Version)

karlpilkert

Jan 16, 2018
Is there a way to get "[STA04] Stealing Priti Password" after the fact? I did it (am far beyond, already had MrWilson have "sex" with the prostitute etc), but it somehow never unlocked on the Event screen, so now I can't access the Water Fight, as it's required to be unlocked for that to trigger.

generater

Oct 18, 2016
Exception occurs when trying to go to the lake

Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/monday.rpy", line 1978, in script call
    $ renpy.pause(hard=True)
  File "game/monday.rpy", line 4310, in script call
    $ renpy.pause(hard=True)
  File "game/monday.rpy", line 3542, in script call
    $ renpy.pause(hard=True)
  File "game/monday.rpy", line 2684, in script call
    call the_lake from _call_the_lake_9
  File "game/vfour.rpy", line 2241, in script
    menu:
SyntaxError: invalid syntax (game/vfour.rpy, line 2271)

Full traceback:
    $ renpy.pause(hard=True)
    $ renpy.pause(hard=True)
    $ renpy.pause(hard=True)
    menu:
  File "D:\Games\xrtz\sys1\TheHeadmaster-051-pc-compressed\TheHeadmaster-0.5.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1564, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set)
  File "D:\Games\xrtz\sys1\TheHeadmaster-051-pc-compressed\TheHeadmaster-0.5.1-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 885, in menu
    condition = renpy.python.py_eval(condition)
  File "D:\Games\xrtz\sys1\TheHeadmaster-051-pc-compressed\TheHeadmaster-0.5.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1942, in py_eval
    code = py_compile(code, 'eval')
  File "D:\Games\xrtz\sys1\TheHeadmaster-051-pc-compressed\TheHeadmaster-0.5.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 674, in py_compile
    raise e

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
The Headmaster 0.5.1
Mon Aug 26 13:21:56 2019

Reactions: 212Cant

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Exception occurs when trying to go to the lake

Code:

While running game code:
    $ renpy.pause(hard=True)
    $ renpy.pause(hard=True)
    $ renpy.pause(hard=True)
    menu:

Full traceback:
    $ renpy.pause(hard=True)
    $ renpy.pause(hard=True)
    $ renpy.pause(hard=True)
    menu:
  File "D:\Games\xrtz\sys1\TheHeadmaster-051-pc-compressed\TheHeadmaster-0.5.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1564, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set)
  File "D:\Games\xrtz\sys1\TheHeadmaster-051-pc-compressed\TheHeadmaster-0.5.1-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 885, in menu
    condition = renpy.python.py_eval(condition)
  File "D:\Games\xrtz\sys1\TheHeadmaster-051-pc-compressed\TheHeadmaster-0.5.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1942, in py_eval
    code = py_compile(code, 'eval')
  File "D:\Games\xrtz\sys1\TheHeadmaster-051-pc-compressed\TheHeadmaster-0.5.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 674, in py_compile
    raise e

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
The Headmaster 0.5.1
Mon Aug 26 13:21:56 2019
It was patched by the dev.

Reactions: AgelessCharade

Harlequin1229

Jun 6, 2017
Is there a way to get "[STA04] Stealing Priti Password" after the fact? I did it (am far beyond, already had MrWilson have "sex" with the prostitute etc), but it somehow never unlocked on the Event screen, so now I can't access the Water Fight, as it's required to be unlocked for that to trigger.

I have this problem also. I looked in the save file and the line priti_password =(1).

doctorpinch

Dec 19, 2017
Why download the prepatch game, then the patch. Isn't the 5.2 game the same thing? (It's what I'm doing now - why I'm asking....)

4.50 star(s) 251 Votes