Antwit

Dec 20, 2018
I have a long-running bet that says the Queen outlives Charles and the throne goes directly to William. :p
Too bad for them that take a bet as his royal highness thePrince of Wales was infectet by corona.(n)
Fortunately he got well again. (y)
But what about a bet, Prince Charles will be the eldest ever crowned king in history?;)
If Elisabeth II would live as long as "Queen Mum" and Charles may have the same constitution as his mother and grandma or his father to get 94 himselves.:D
So its not imposible .

Last edited:
Reactions: Kinderfeld
Feb 16, 2019
View attachment 621153

His Majesty?

So the story happens in Japan?

It's never specifically mentioned anywhere but the game is set in not too distant future in Great Britain. Our Queen is 93 years old after all with Prince Charles and then Willian in line for succession.
I always think of it as being set on a fictional island nation, "not unlike Great Britain", rather than in GB itself. Setting it in a real country allows people to say "but people would *never* allow that to happen in <country>" or "the geography of <country> just isn't like that". That doesn't happen if you set it in a fictional country, like the Prisoner of Zenda was set in Ruritania.

Plus the UK doesn't actually have a Duke of Wankinghamshire :)

yuserneim

Mar 16, 2019
Jimmy is Irish (norther Irish or just Irish, that I dunno) the former HM was Scottish. Emily's parents are from Swindon, Charlotte comes from "the other side of the pond" and the game is written in BrE, so not a chance the game is happening anywhere in the world other than Great Britain.

The real question is WHERE in the UK is this school... Here are some facts:

1. According to Sam towsfolk is highly religious...
2. Its location is between (apparently) big moutains.

lets the specualtion begin!

Big Mountain

Nov 4, 2017
Jimmy is Irish (norther Irish or just Irish, that I dunno) the former HM was Scottish. Emily's parents are from Swindon, Charlotte comes from "the other side of the pond" and the game is written in BrE, so not a chance the game is happening anywhere in the world other than Great Britain.

The real question is WHERE in the UK is this school... Here are some facts:

1. According to Sam towsfolk is highly religious...
2. Its location is between (apparently) big moutains.

lets the specualtion begin!
in the town one over is hogwarts

AltosandHerdone

Game Developer
Jan 5, 2019
I always think of it as being set on a fictional island nation, "not unlike Great Britain", rather than in GB itself. Setting it in a real country allows people to say "but people would *never* allow that to happen in <country>" or "the geography of <country> just isn't like that". That doesn't happen if you set it in a fictional country, like the Prisoner of Zenda was set in Ruritania.

Plus the UK doesn't actually have a Duke of Wankinghamshire :)
Well, that is why I never specified it in-game. However, I don't feel its completely impossible that in a future authoritarian version of Britain the countries youth could be marginalised and scapegoated for all societies problems. Leading to their rights being taken away from them with unforeseen consequences. Plus plenty of good what-if stories are set in real places. I don't see why it would break immersion necessarily.

Also, the Duke of Wankhamshire just so happens to be a close personal friend of mine.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
It's rare, but it does indeed occur, e.g. when Trixie came in soaking wet :) But apart from the meteorology, who cares where the game takes place, really?
Ah, good point, I did forget that one.

A small island nation, on a parallel earth, where things are not as they seem... :p

Reactions: ramiurga
Feb 16, 2019
Well, that is why I never specified it in-game. However, I don't feel its completely impossible that in a future authoritarian version of Britain the countries youth could be marginalised and scapegoated for all societies problems. Leading to their rights being taken away from them with unforeseen consequences. Plus plenty of good what-if stories are set in real places. I don't see why it would break immersion necessarily.
Yaah, you only need to know a little about history to know that the UK is prone to moral panics. Your vision is unlikely, but not impossible.

For the record, I much prefer your fictional future UK to that of V For Vendetta. (Good movie, great graphic novel, but teenage girls in short skirts + titties + spankings are MUCH more fun! :) )

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I remember there was a equal rights law end 60th in UK to cane girls in school what causes demonstrations?:unsure:
View attachment 621969
Slogan: No to the cane! (reminds me when Maxine goes on protest):ROFLMAO:
I have a feeling we are going to be seeing far more of that in the future. :p
It wasn't outlawed until the 80's I think, I remember getting the cane at school.
I was offended enough when I moved to the south and the school there allowed corporal punishments at all, and that was a wooden paddle.

madnomad69

Jan 15, 2020
I got a noob question. Hope no one minds. I am new to these game and enjoy all the ones I have played. The one issue i have isn't delays and so on. That's to be expected. The thing I have noticed with every single game I have played is that when the games update. Not a single one has been patched. You just have t redownload the new version all over. Are any of the games just patched. Am I missing something by being new?. Thanks in advance

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I got a noob question. Hope no one minds. I am new to these game and enjoy all the ones I have played. The one issue i have isn't delays and so on. That's to be expected. The thing I have noticed with every single game I have played is that when the games update. Not a single one has been patched. You just have t redownload the new version all over. Are any of the games just patched. Am I missing something by being new?. Thanks in advance
RenPy games usually have to be updated via an update server, it's a massive undertaking that most devs won't bother with.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Nope, that is just kind of how that works. It takes a lot more skill, work, and planning to make update patches and most devs are pretty new to the whole thing. Most of the renpy games do have someone making a compressed version for those who have bandwidth problems though.

Reactions: DorcasAurelia
4.50 star(s) 248 Votes