Bearded_NoPants

Skin as brittle and thin as dry rice paper
Donor
Jan 12, 2020
ok... *sigh*

FOR ANYONE ASKING THE DATE FOR THE NEXT UPDATE IS IN LATE SEPTEMBER*
WHY? BECAUSE OF A MAJOR UI OVERHAUL AND CONTENT DUMP. BEST WISHES!

*(thisisatentativeupdatedatenothinghasbeenconfirmedordeniedbyaltosandherdonetheupdatemayarriveearilerasitdependsonthewhimsofaltosandherdoneconstantlyaskingfortheupdatewillnotmakeitcomeearilernotreadingthethreadandaskingquestionsthathavebeenanswerseveraltimeswillonlyirritateothers)

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Are you saying these girls are Aliens?

[ Insert x-files theme song here]

Edit: Liz, abduct me!
To us, maybe, but not to them. It could be an alternate dimension or something, so still earth, but one where something happened and they have longer years. Maybe the orbit is slower, or they got pushed out into a wider orbit to counter act climate change, you never know... :sneaky:

A-Liz-an.jpg

eball360

Oct 5, 2018
ok... *sigh*

FOR ANYONE ASKING THE DATE FOR THE NEXT UPDATE IS IN LAST SEPTEMBER*
WHY? BECAUSE OF A MAJOR UI OVERHAUL AND CONTENT DUMP. BEST WISHES!

*(thisisatentativeupdatedatenothinghasbeenconfirmedordeniedbyaltosandherdonetheupdatemayarriveearilerasitdependsonthewhimsofaltosandherdoneconstantlyaskingfortheupdatewillnotmakeitcomeearilernotreadingthethreadandaskingquestionsthathavebeenanswerseveraltimeswillonlyirritateothers)
thank you for let us now, good look

Reactions: Bearded_NoPants

Phil5k

Aug 3, 2018
FOR ANYONE ASKING THE DATE FOR THE NEXT UPDATE IS IN LATE SEPTEMBER
There isn't an official release date yet, but Altos indicated that this next update would probably take about 3 months. However, he's also mentioned that he spent most of June working on the new UI, updating the character sheets, doing patreon custom requests and stuff like that. So I think it's more likely that we're looking at about 3 months from now, which would be around mid-October. But that's just my personal guess.

It would be handy if this information was made available in the OP, might stop a lot of repetitive questions.
If it is printed in bold red all caps in the OP and the question has been asked and answered fewer than 5 times in the last 10 posts, somebody will ask it.
Well, it's not in the OP, but it is literally is in bold red text at the top of the FAQ post, which is linked to from the OP. Unfortunately, experience to date has only proved that Cartageno is absolutely right... :rolleyes:

For a game that often involves reading some text and then clicking something, there's apparently a fuckload of people in this thread who are completely incapable of reading some text and then clicking a link...

nawt0k

May 27, 2020
UI overall is good and all as long as they retain the "back" button. I really love the ability to test out scenarios and options then back up to see the other side of it. Saving, reloading, etc can be a hassle. Back is just a fun little feature.

Phil5k

Aug 3, 2018
0.8.2 Public - Test Build

So, the final version of 0.8.2 Public won't be posted until tomorrow, due to a last minute bug fix that is required. In the meanwhile, Altos has posted a test build (PC and Android) that he wants people to take a look at, and report any issues.

From Altos:
Hey guys, version 0.8.2 public won't be finished tonight as the final testing found a problem which I'll need to sort out tomorrow. Some of the new character information is showing up when you watch a scene in re-play mode. However, it's a very minor issue and it is basically working fine. I'd like people to take a look at the new UI and let me know that your saves are loading fine before I do the proper release tomorrow. I will be posting a test build. Anyone who fancies taking a look and doing a bit of playtesting for me that would be helpful.
Please remember this is a test build for bug testing and I'll be posting the final version tomorrow. There are a couple of know issues with this version mostly related to the replay feature. There isn't any new content here but I have massively overhauled the UI and recoded the character log from the ground up to include more information. The character logs should update even for old saves. Would be great if people could take a look and let me know if they have any issues loading their saves or if they spot any issues moving around the school.
Warning: this is a test build. It is not for general players, just those willing to be beta testers.

So...
  • if you know what "test build" means...
  • if you accept that things might break or not work...
  • if you know how to backup (and restore) your saves...
  • if you know how to rollback from an error screen...

then... please see the spoiler:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

yuserneim

Mar 16, 2019

So, the final version of 0.8.2 Public won't be posted until tomorrow, due to a last minute bug fix that is required. In the meanwhile, Altos has posted a test build (PC and Android) that he wants people to take a look at, and report any issues.

From Altos:

Warning: this is a test build. It is not for general players, just those willing to be beta testers.

So...

People saying this "new" update has nothing new and that's really buggy in 3, 2 ....

Bearded_NoPants

Donor
Jan 12, 2020
There isn't an official release date yet, but Altos indicated that this next update would probably take about 3 months. However, he's also mentioned that he spent most of June working on the new UI, updating the character sheets, doing patreon custom requests and stuff like that. So I think it's more likely that we're looking at about 3 months from now, which would be around mid-October. But that's just my personal guess.

Well, it's not in the OP, but it is literally is in bold red text at the top of the FAQ post, which is linked to from the OP. Unfortunately, experience to date has only proved that Cartageno is absolutely right... :rolleyes:

For a game that often involves reading some text and then clicking something, there's apparently a fuckload of people in this thread who are completely incapable of reading some text and then clicking a link...
Dude didn't that announcement come out in early June? Sooo optimistically, late September would be the update release date. Also didn't you notice the * I put next to September? granted it was meant to be missed by those who don't read the thread, don't pay attention to what's said and ask the same question over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

From Altos:

So...

Yeah that's not for me. Also I tend to only play game versions that end with .0 or .5 so that there is quite a bit of content when I play again.

People saying this "new" update has nothing new and that's really buggy in 3, 2 ....
OH OH Let me be first.

*cough* EEH? like where's the new content dude? isn't this a new update? Like this game is shit with all the bugs in it. Why do people like it so much? their losers. whens the next update

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian

Phil5k

Aug 3, 2018
0.8.2 Test Build - Feedback

AltosandHerdone, I've taken a quick look at the test build, please see my comments below. As always, I hope this helps. But in general, I really like the new UI. And I'm loving the new evening campus scene, with the lighted windows effect!

(1) Ada Error
I'm getting an error when I speak to Ada, both when she first joins the school, and if I try to click on her in the hall. Error report below

(2) Dorms - Missing navigation bar
The side navigation bar is missing when you visit the Dorms on Saturday afternoon.

(3) Friday Meeting - No Stats bar
I'm not sure if this is a deliberate design decision, but I miss not being able to see the stats bar during the Friday meeting. When you can't pass a rule, I automatically want to look at the stats bar and check how much discipline/ grades I still need to get.

(4) Navigation bar obscuring some details
There are a couple of places that I noticed where the side navigation bar is obscuring some of the details - for example see the screenshot of the twins, below. And it's also almost impossible to click on Izzy on Tuesday afternoon in the gym.
HM082_Twins.jpg (twins) HM082_Izzy.jpg (Izzy)

There are some other instances (e.g. Lucy when she's at her locker on Friday afternoon, the TV scene in the dorm on Friday evening) where the nav bar obscures some of the detail. I personally think this makes the scene look less well "composed" (for lack of a better term) - the scene is still playable but longer term you might want to think about changing it slightly to make it look "nicer".

(5) Amy's Character Sheet
Ok, we've spanked her, we've whipped her with a riding crop, and masturbated her in class... but we haven't met yet :D
HM082_Amy.jpg

(6) Tia's Character Sheet
Tia doesn't seem to have a character sheet yet. (Neither does Ada, but I think that's already been mentioned on your discord.)

Bearded_NoPants

Donor
Jan 12, 2020
Soo bored...
... if more girls are gonna be added what's he gonna do use a ladder to spy on the dorms second floor?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

AltosandHerdone

Game Developer
Jan 5, 2019

AltosandHerdone, I've taken a quick look at the test build, please see my comments below. As always, I hope this helps. But in general, I really like the new UI. And I'm loving the new evening campus scene, with the lighted windows effect!

(1) Ada Error
I'm getting an error when I speak to Ada, both when she first joins the school, and if I try to click on her in the hall. Error report below

The side navigation bar is missing when you visit the Dorms on Saturday afternoon.

I'm not sure if this is a deliberate design decision, but I miss not being able to see the stats bar during the Friday meeting. When you can't pass a rule, I automatically want to look at the stats bar and check how much discipline/ grades I still need to get.

There are a couple of places that I noticed where the side navigation bar is obscuring some of the details - for example see the screenshot of the twins, below. And it's also almost impossible to click on Izzy on Tuesday afternoon in the gym.
View attachment 725780 (twins) View attachment 725779 (Izzy)

There are some other instances (e.g. Lucy when she's at her locker on Friday afternoon, the TV scene in the dorm on Friday evening) where the nav bar obscures some of the detail. I personally think this makes the scene look less well "composed" (for lack of a better term) - the scene is still playable but longer term you might want to think about changing it slightly to make it look "nicer".

Ok, we've spanked her, we've whipped her with a riding crop, and masturbated her in class... but we haven't met yet :D
View attachment 725778

Tia doesn't seem to have a character sheet yet. (Neither does Ada, but I think that's already been mentioned on your discord.)
Very helpful notes, as always. Thanks Philk5.

Bearded_NoPants

Donor
Jan 12, 2020

(1) Ada Error

View attachment 725780 (twins) View attachment 725779 (Izzy)

View attachment 725778

TEACHERS PET!!

Wait I didn't mean it that way. I meant the traditional apple giver kind.

Proffejor

Mar 2, 2020
oo bored...
... if more girls are gonna be added what's he gonna do use a ladder to spy on the dorms second floor?
There is a rule that we haven't been able to make any changes to regarding where the headmaster is allowed within the campus already in place.

If we fully expand that rule, I am sure that the headmaster can be free to go into the girls dorm, (probably hallways first, and then into rooms, and finally into the showers) and maybe into the gymnasium dressing room with the locked keypad, although, because it is locked with a keypad instead of a conventional lock, I feel we will discover the code at one point, and find a way to sneak in rather than change the rules and receive an invitation.

It might be interesting if you could eventually taunt Ruth into a wager to demonstrate how effective your methods are, in which she submits to being punished by you, as kind of a boss level of the punishment mini-game. Ruth can win the bet if she can cause you to fail one of five sessions of punishment that will increase in scope, (like leveling up the girls) and if she fully submits, she will give up the code to the locker room. (Of course, by the final session she would be mad with lust for you and give up far more than the code.)

Phil5k

Aug 3, 2018
0.8.2. Test Build - Feedback Part 2

AltosandHerdone, some other small points I've spotted:

(1) Day 1 Tutorial
There are a few messages in the Day 1 Tutorial that you might want to change to reflect the new user interface - see below.
HM_STAFF.JPG HM_STATS.JPG HM_QUEST.JPG HM_RULER.JPG

(2) Student Quests
There's a small graphical glitch in the Student Quests tab - there's an additional bullet point that appears above the quests:
HM_Student_Quests.jpg

(3) Navigation side bar
The new navigation side bar doesn't appear during the Wednesday evening drama event in the gym, or when visiting the school nurse.

Reactions: 1zaza1
4.50 star(s) 251 Votes