code991

Aug 21, 2021
Ok this game became borderline unplayable

It seems to be happening more and more often now, every single time i click next, it goes backwards!

I cant progress in the game, cant talk to anyone, it just goes backwards ... what gives?

Help?

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Ok this game became borderline unplayable

It seems to be happening more and more often now, every single time i click next, it goes backwards!

I cant progress in the game, cant talk to anyone, it just goes backwards ... what gives?

Help?
I don't know what you mean by "goes backwards". I don't have any issues remotely similar. Do you mean something like "goes back to the previous chat line"?

code991

Aug 21, 2021
I don't know what you mean by "goes backwards". I don't have any issues remotely similar. Do you mean something like "goes back to the previous chat line"?
Well as you know, if you click the left mouse button (or press space/enter), it advances the conversations ...

Whenever i do that, instead of advancing the conversations/event/whatever, it goes backwards to the previous line instead of forwards.

At this moment, im stuck on the map screen. If i try to go to class and click to advance, it goes back to the map
Same thing happens when i go to patrol or other activities i can do. I cant progress in the game anymore. I've tried everything.

I dunno if i can explain this better

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Well as you know, if you click the left mouse button (or press space/enter), it advances the conversations ...

Whenever i do that, instead of advancing the conversations/event/whatever, it goes backwards to the previous line instead of forwards.

At this moment, im stuck on the map screen. If i try to go to class and click to advance, it goes back to the map
Same thing happens when i go to patrol or other activities i can do. I cant progress in the game anymore. I've tried everything.

I dunno if i can explain this better
I have never heard of anything close to that happening. Are you using some kind of emulation software? or a mod of some kind?

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head would be to redownload the game, extract it to a new folder, somewhere that is not a system folder, copy your saves and screenshots over, and try again.

If that doesn't do it, you might need to check for suck keys, maybe the mouse wheel is doing something, IDK, maybe try another mouse? Does the same thing happen when you use the arrows to highlight the option, and the enter key to choose the option?

Reactions: alex2011 and Anarys

code991

Aug 21, 2021
I have never heard of anything close to that happening. Are you using some kind of emulation software? or a mod of some kind?

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head would be to redownload the game, extract it to a new folder, somewhere that is not a system folder, copy your saves and screenshots over, and try again.

If that doesn't do it, you might need to check for suck keys, maybe the mouse wheel is doing something, IDK, maybe try another mouse? Does the same thing happen when you use the arrows to highlight the option, and the enter key to choose the option?
I've never seen this issue before

I've played several games before this, all worked fine.

I tried other games recently, none had this issue. I use no emulation software or mod for this game.

I've also tried redownloading the game a couple of times, same things happens.

Idk why its happening now but earlier in the game, for most of chapter 1, i NEVER had this issue. It just started happening at some point, more frequent as time went on.

If it were a mouse/keyboard issue, i would have happened in other renpy games, but all other games i have work fine.

This happens with both mouse and keyboard.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I've never seen this issue before

I've played several games before this, all worked fine.

I tried other games recently, none had this issue. I use no emulation software or mod for this game.

I've also tried redownloading the game a couple of times, same things happens.

Idk why its happening now but earlier in the game, for most of chapter 1, i NEVER had this issue. It just started happening at some point, more frequent as time went on.
That is very odd. Try uploading your save, I will see if it is something in the save, and not the game then.

*EDIT* Also, did you try downloading from another link?

xShoLove

Aug 26, 2020
Hi, I wanted to know if there is any discord available to make suggestions or to have his support rank ?

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
Hmm, might sound bad but the only way this can happen is if your scrolling with your mouse wheel.
You might want to check your mouse, i also think there's an option to disable it like ubblesnop said.

Reactions: alex2011

Raswedj

Feb 27, 2020
I have a bad bug by cassandra i hope anyone can help me

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/monday.rpy", line 1949, in script call
call mens_room_afternoon from _call_mens_room_afternoon_4
File "game/monday.rpy", line 2225, in script call
call punishment_game from _call_punishment_game_2
File "game/Cass_PS.rpy", line 1802, in script
$renpy.pause(hard=True)
ScriptError: could not find label 'cass_body_search'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Angerer\Desktop\TheHeadmaster-0.11.1Public-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\Angerer\Desktop\TheHeadmaster-0.11.1Public-pc\renpy\main.py", line 578, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Users\Angerer\Desktop\TheHeadmaster-0.11.1Public-pc\renpy\main.py", line 143, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\Users\Angerer\Desktop\TheHeadmaster-0.11.1Public-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 908, in run_context
context.run()
$renpy.pause(hard=True)
File "C:\Users\Angerer\Desktop\TheHeadmaster-0.11.1Public-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The Headmaster 0.11.1Public
Sun Oct 03 19:06:42 2021

Living In A Lewd World

Jan 15, 2021
I have a bad bug by cassandra i hope anyone can help me

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
$renpy.pause(hard=True)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Angerer\Desktop\TheHeadmaster-0.11.1Public-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\Angerer\Desktop\TheHeadmaster-0.11.1Public-pc\renpy\main.py", line 578, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Users\Angerer\Desktop\TheHeadmaster-0.11.1Public-pc\renpy\main.py", line 143, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\Users\Angerer\Desktop\TheHeadmaster-0.11.1Public-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 908, in run_context
context.run()
$renpy.pause(hard=True)
File "C:\Users\Angerer\Desktop\TheHeadmaster-0.11.1Public-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The Headmaster 0.11.1Public
Sun Oct 03 19:06:42 2021
Your error message says, that the game-files lack the label "cass_body_search". I just checked the files and in my game the label was there. Maybe your game-files are somehow corrupted.
You could upload a save file of Cassandras Punishment, so somebody here could check, whether the error is reproducable. But I think, you won't get around a redownload and reinstallation of the game, (at best in a different folder).

4.50 star(s) 251 Votes