Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Just had a look in the code. The system is complicated, so I didn't understand it fully with the time I invested. If I saw it right, the order of the bouncing, cardio, splits and glutes-sessions seems to be randomly initialised, but stays always in the same order after the initialisation. The practice matches seem to come after max. 4 such events. But there may be a chance, they can randomly come with a low probability already after 2 or 3 other events. I'm not sure about this, as there is also a priority value which may negate the randomisation.

I can state, that I have a different cycle as you:

1) Bouncing
2) Splits training
3) Cardio training
4) Glutes training
5) Practice match

So I think, the event-order of bouncing, cardio, splits and glutes is definitely randomly initialized. Testing the cycles for 4 or 5 weeks, I always got the Practice match on the 5th day of the cycle. But this may be still to few cycles to determine, if there may be a random factor or not.
Interesting, thank you. I never considered the possibility that the order may not be set in stone. I don't understand the rationale behind it either, but I won't complain, will continue bounce and split to prepare the girls for greatness in life ;)

Reactions: TheDevian
Apr 23, 2022
I just started chapter 2 and got Cass's group punishment event (which, by the way, was absolutely glorious). Next I had to snoop on her in the evening, but also got the chain of dorm events about Maxine's photos. I couldn't complete the chain and now I'm wondering if I've missed it forever, or if it's going to rehappen some other night (it didn't appear next night). Any help?

Last edited:

OldPringles

Jun 20, 2021
when the update coming?
There has not been a specific date given, beyond 'sometime over the summer'. However, Altos said there is going to be at least one more set of preview images, and going off of previous release schedules, the beta release typically is a month (give or take a few days) after the last set of previews.

Assuming that the next previews are in fact the last ones for 0.13, and that he is doling everything out as he typically does, then that means that the beta should be out around the start of August, and the public build around the start of September. It is worth noting that he might be trying to get the update out sooner rather than later, considering that most of the content that we are getting was originally slated to come out in previous updates.

Reactions: Wild Red

vicaddict

Sep 29, 2019
I haven't played in a while, but since we're talking about sports related events, there is one where you meet the girls in the gym hallway and the game recommends to teach a sport lesson of some kind. Nothing happens, if I do exactly that. Am I missing something? I could never figure that one out.

Zarkhy

Nov 4, 2018
I haven't played in a while, but since we're talking about sports related events, there is one where you meet the girls in the gym hallway and the game recommends to teach a sport lesson of some kind. Nothing happens, if I do exactly that. Am I missing something? I could never figure that one out.
Are you perhaps thinking of the event where the game suggests you go to the gym showers "after gym class"?

IIRC it's related to the Sally showering events.

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
Ill be honest i think the dev is hitting limitations in the engine and i feel time working around the engine is wasted.
IMO: Moving the game /concept to a better engine like unity for its freedoms would be time well spent. Would also work against the bad rep Renpy games have.

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
Ill be honest i think the dev is hitting limitations in the engine and i feel time working around the engine is wasted.
IMO: Moving the game /concept to a better engine like unity for its freedoms would be time well spent. Would also work against the bad rep Renpy games have.
Renpy has a bad rep? First I'm hearing of it. Every Unity game I follow around here seems to have people shouting for Renpy remakes, this is the first time I've seen it the other way around :HideThePain:
I also haven't noticed any time Altos has struggled to make something work in Renpy in this game so I'm not even sure where your initial concern is coming from. Moving to another engine like Unity would be extremely time-consuming this far into a project meaning very little or no new content being delivered, without new content support would wane and people would complain. It would basically be a death sentence for the game to try moving it at this stage.

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
Did you mistook Renpy for RPGM? For me at least, every time when I see RPGM style map picture for moving around, it's automatic deletion of the game. My preferable engine is Renpy. Unity's problem is usually bigger file sizes and some Unity games, which have wanted to contact internet addresses while playing.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Renpy has a bad rep? First I'm hearing of it. Every Unity game I follow around here seems to have people shouting for Renpy remakes, this is the first time I've seen it the other way around :HideThePain:
I also haven't noticed any time Altos has struggled to make something work in Renpy in this game so I'm not even sure where your initial concern is coming from. Moving to another engine like Unity would be extremely time-consuming this far into a project meaning very little or no new content being delivered, without new content support would wane and people would complain. It would basically be a death sentence for the game to try moving it at this stage.
Yeah, I remember a lot of "Why Unity, let's RenPy?" myself, but rarely the other way round. (Also "Why RPGM, let's do anything else" kind of posts).

Although generally all these posts are wrong, the best engine will depend on what precisely a game wants to do, and what the dev can work with. I understand that most RenPy afficionados do not really care about how the game is programmed, they just want the usual comfort (rollback, fixed save location, known keybinds, CTRL skip). Which can be done in other engines as well (and some devs do) while some of these are turned off by the dev in RenPy. The deciding factor is not "what engine is used to make a game" but "how does the game play". And yes, there are RPGM games without running around or combat.

That being said, I don't have the feel in this game that it is creaking and needs a change, especially since, as you correctly say, that would mean eons of just redoing what is already there before it can continue. While sometimes in early stages a switch in engines or a complete rework of the game can be feasible to save time in the long run, here we are probably past this point. And perfectionism as some other devs show with complete reworks when better tools are available - let's just say they tend to not get finished.

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
Renpy has a bad rep? First I'm hearing of it.
When you surround yourself with a single crowd of people who like the same thing you get a single answer.

Outside of "this space" renpy games have a bad rep for being "yet another daz 3d cg vn".
I also assume its my experience in the field that allows me to see this games seams starting to show.
Anyway, my opinion is just that.

Did you mistook Renpy for RPGM?
RPGM suffered the same fate some years ago, massive numbers of the games made everything stagnant. "yet another RPGM game" muttered across the net.

Fundamentally unity is an open engine, it can do anything renpy can with more options to help along the way if you put the time in.
The game could even stay the exact same but with better functionality and data management.
But again, my opinion.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
When you surround yourself with a single crowd of people who like the same thing you get a single answer.

Outside of "this space" renpy games have a bad rep for being "yet another daz 3d cg vn".
I also assume its my experience in the field that allows me to see this games seams starting to show.
Anyway, my opinion is just that.
Yap, but is it really the qualities of the engine we're talking - or the experience we have with it? Just like the mentioned RPGM games make us think about a certain type of game - but it needn't be.

Also, as long as people want it, what is wrong with "yet another daz 3d cg vn"? (Or "ph 3d cg vn" in this case). I mean, that is what "this space" is for. (All possible variations notwithstanding)

Fundamentally unity is an open engine, it can do anything renpy can with more options to help along the way if you put the time in.
And the know how - which may not be available to everybody. After all, most devs aren't coders as such but writers.

I get that from a more "tech savvy" POV RenPy might not be as sexy - and I would consider it too limited for much stuff as well - but this forum is mostly a consumer's forum, and that should mean that the "how is it programmed" matters less than the "what do we get" for most.

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
RenPy might not be as sexy - and I would consider it too limited for much stuff as well - but this forum is mostly a consumer's forum, and that should mean that the "how is it programmed" matters less than the "what do we get" for most.
Mmm. The history of the game already showing technical issues limiting the artists ability to work is tough enough, makes me wish better for the artist.
The time spend working "around" the engine is unknown, but undoubtedly a significant portion to the long delays between updates.

Ocelot11

Jun 21, 2020
Hey - quick question? I had to re-install my OS and naturally everything on the drive got wiped with it including the saves for this game? Does anyone have a save file with everything accomplished that's available on the latest public release? Thanks!

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
You seem to be making some pretty big assumptions about me there. This isn't the only place I hang out. I'm actually working in Unity myself and frequent a lot of Unity biased places as a result. Trust me, I have a wide scope about what is said about what engines and the kinds of games that are generally made in them.
This game is a sandbox VN with Playhome graphics, it's exactly the kind of thing that most people who know anything about game dev would expect to be made in Renpy.

b00marrows said:
Mmm. The history of the game already showing technical issues limiting the artists ability to work is tough enough, makes me wish better for the artist.
The time spend working "around" the engine is unknown, but undoubtedly a significant portion to the long delays between updates.
What "history" are you talking about? Like I said in my previous comment, I haven't noticed any time Altos has struggled to make something work in Renpy in this game. And I've been following it for quite a long time now.
You got links or something?

Reactions: Temujin1312

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
You seem to be making some pretty big assumptions about me there. This isn't the only place I hang out. I'm actually working in Unity myself and frequent a lot of Unity biased places as a result. Trust me, I have a wide scope about what is said about what engines and the kinds of games that are generally made in them.
This game is a sandbox VN with Playhome graphics, it's exactly the kind of thing that most people who know anything about game dev would expect to be made in Renpy.

What "history" are you talking about? Like I said in my previous comment, I haven't noticed any time Altos has struggled to make something work in Renpy in this game. And I've been following it for quite a long time now.
You got links or something?
Cant remember any of the exact details, its been 3 bloody years.... urgh time...
The "assumption about you" was because you repeated what you belive is a similar sentiment on this forum.

Simply put, the dev and game are great but the games weakest point is renpy and the VN style. The dev and so the game could do so much better without these constraints.

Look, dont take this the wrong way but you know the uniforms? yeah the dev aint gonna remake every event with them in all forms. So when the game gets to that point... its gonna look so weird flipping back and forth all the time. man...

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
Cant remember any of the exact details, its been 3 bloody years.... urgh time...
The "assumption about you" was because you repeated what you belive is a similar sentiment on this forum.

Simply put, the dev and game are great but the games weakest point is renpy and the VN style. The dev and so the game could do so much better without these constraints.

Look, dont take this the wrong way but you know the uniforms? yeah the dev aint gonna remake every event with them in all forms. So when the game gets to that point... its gonna look so weird flipping back and forth all the time. man...
Moving to Unity isn't going to help with that. Unless you're suggesting this be completely remade as a 3D game with a clothing system?

I can understand the sentiment that a game like this would be amazing if it was some high-production-value 3D game and not a VN-style game, but this is one guy and the work is too far in.

But I'm still not sure what you mean by the uniforms flipping back and forth all the time. Are you talking about how everyone went from full uniform to the summer hear versions? Because that was a chapter break. Or if you're referring to Priti and her slutty uniform I think I remember it being explicitly written into the script that she might only wear it sometimes. There are creative solutions to things like that.
In Unity, the content would still need to be made, so the "the dev aint gonna remake every event with them in all forms" point you raise is moot in relation to switching engine.

Regardless of the uniform thing, moving a game like this to Unity this far in is a really big and kind of unreasonable ask. Scrapping what's been made and remaking it from scratch in 3D and ditching the VN format would quite literally put Altos back at square one and piss off a lot of people. Not to mention, Altos would need to learn a whole ass engine and possibly c# if he doesn't already have a grasp on it.
He'd also need to ditch the Playhome renders meaning he'd need to either get really good (and fast) at making his own assets or pay someone (more likely multiple someones) to make them for him. The cast size would make that a very expensive and time-consuming task.
Then, if it's 3D and not just VN, he's gonna need animations... All this extra work just keeps piling up.

Pretty much the only thing he'd be able to keep would be the story/script.

You're basically suggesting the game be cancelled and restarted from the ground up.

Last edited:

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
You're basically suggesting the game be cancelled and restarted.
On no, you sussed out my opinion... haha. Seriously are you still of the idea im making a demand here and not just sharing my opinion? get a grip.

Fundamentally the dev has ideas impossible in the format of a standard 3g vn. They could do so much better.
Maybe ill have to wait even more years... but when this ones done i damn well hope the dev stretches thoes creative muscles on a much more appealing and engaging project.

4.50 star(s) 251 Votes