Vlakom

Aug 2, 2017
OPEN QUESTTION! How many of these girls can be found on the cheat menu. You know, the ones willing to get naked if you visit the patreon. I only discovered 4 (Emily, Charlotte, Sarah and this one below). Sin título.png

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Is there any community knowledge on why this game is so gluggy? It seems like just about every player made action has a second or so delay before it registers and i've only experienced that very rarely in a badly coded Renpy games where the dev left elements of the game running in the background after their relevant scene was over. It feels like the game has to decompress an archive every time it needs to check what a player action is supposed to do before it will do it. I'm just curious if anyone knows what's causing it.

anotheruser

Sep 1, 2018
Is there any community knowledge on why this game is so gluggy?
Anecdotally, I've heard from multiple sources that recent versions of Ren'Py seem to have performance problems specifically when running on recent versions of Windows (10/11) and very-recent hardware.

I can tell you that it runs flawlessly on an old (circa 2014) Intel i5 machine with 8GB of RAM, integrated Intel graphics, and Debian Linux.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Anecdotally, I've heard from multiple sources that recent versions of Ren'Py seem to have performance problems specifically when running on recent versions of Windows (10/11) and very-recent hardware.

I can tell you that it runs flawlessly on an old (circa 2014) Intel i5 machine with 8GB of RAM, integrated Intel graphics, and Debian Linux.
Curious, Do you know if this game is running on one of these recent versions? I'm not using a killer-tier computer, it's a fairly midrange gaming computer that's about 2 years old, i upgraded the RAM to 16g about a year back but that's it, still pretty average in current year terms. Win 10 though so it mostly fits with what you've described. Still, i only notice problems with like <5% of Renpy games, from any year, be it 3 years since development started or last month the rate seems pretty stable and consistent.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
There are some RenPy games around here where people describe similar behaviour, but it never really is clear what causes it. It just happens to some, it can happen on a NASA computer while it runs just fine on old toasters, it isn't the OS nor the graphics card nor the driver ... at least nobody has found out yet if it was.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian
Dec 15, 2019
There are some RenPy games around here where people describe similar behaviour, but it never really is clear what causes it. It just happens to some, it can happen on a NASA computer while it runs just fine on old toasters, it isn't the OS nor the graphics card nor the driver ... at least nobody has found out yet if it was.
For me some played well if they has 32bit exe.

anotheruser

Sep 1, 2018
Curious, Do you know if this game is running on one of these recent versions?
No clue, sorry. I did a quick search on the of the Ren'Py Github project, and I didn't see anything that immediately stuck out as relevant.

One thing that does come up a few times (e.g. ) is people having performance problems due to antivirus software, but I'd have thought that the use of .rpa archive files to build a virtual filesystem would do a good job of working around both Windows poor filesystem access speeds and its storage granularity problems.

If you've got antivirus/anti-malware software scanning files on-access, you should probably turn that off for performance reasons when gaming. Mind you, I say that as someone who uses an OS that's effectively immune to viruses and malware. If you're in the habit of running a lot of untrustworthy executables in Windows, you may just need all the help you can get.

Can anyone who has some proper technical knowledge on Windows 10 step in?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

Enerjak

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2017
This dev must hate human eyeballs... sooooo many screens that are 50+% white, white backgrounds, white clothes, white objects, just so much fuckin white... my eyeballs cannot take so much white.

It really comes down to the lighting within the render. There are tricks to "reduce" the color white in a well lit scene that the dev may just not be familiar with. It is something that is quite an eyesore at times in this and other games. I know you weren't asking for the whys and stuff, lol. It's usually a symptom of increasing a scenes brightness (due to poor lighting to begin with) without balancing the lighting or color white. Especially if you're just learning how to create scenes in a 3D program, it can be overwhelming, confusing, and outright fight against you when you have a nice environment and characters only for it to be washed out or completely pitch black because of lighting.

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
The script_version.txt file shows that it is version 7.3.5 which was released in 2019. The only trouble I've had with this game is the crashing sometimes during punishment when an animation starts playing. This game is the only one I've had that problem. Hopefully the code rework that is being done will help with any performance issues.

oceanbobo4

Feb 12, 2021
Is there any community knowledge on why this game is so gluggy? It seems like just about every player made action has a second or so delay before it registers and i've only experienced that very rarely in a badly coded Renpy games where the dev left elements of the game running in the background after their relevant scene was over. It feels like the game has to decompress an archive every time it needs to check what a player action is supposed to do before it will do it. I'm just curious if anyone knows what's causing it.
Also deuxrayme . . . I had the exact issue you are descibing . . .

Forcing the use of GL2 rendering stopped the crashes and made the game much smoother for me, and for others. It's something to consider trying.

How to force GL2 rendering:

1 - Extract all RPA from the original game, and delete the RPA. (Make a backup!)
2 - Create new project in Renpy SDK. (Any name)
3 - Delete the folder named "Game" from your new project.
4 - Copy the folder named "Game" from the game "The Headmaster" and paste it in the folder of your "new project".
5 - In Renpy SDK, launch the game. (No need to compile the game)
6 - With the game open, use Shift + G to change the Renderer, I used GL2, see which one is best for you.
7 - After changing the renderer close the game, and open it again.
8 - See if it has improved.

• Wow
Reactions: Bingoogus

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Also deuxrayme . . . I had the exact issue you are descibing . . .

Forcing the use of GL2 rendering stopped the crashes and made the game much smoother for me, and for others. It's something to consider trying.

How to force GL2 rendering:

1 - Extract all RPA from the original game, and delete the RPA. (Make a backup!)
2 - Create new project in Renpy SDK. (Any name)
3 - Delete the folder named "Game" from your new project.
4 - Copy the folder named "Game" from the game "The Headmaster" and paste it in the folder of your "new project".
5 - In Renpy SDK, launch the game. (No need to compile the game)
6 - With the game open, use Shift + G to change the Renderer, I used GL2, see which one is best for you.
7 - After changing the renderer close the game, and open it again.
8 - See if it has improved.
Yeah... that's above my paygrade... the game isn't unplayable, i'll just live with it, my curiosity has mostly been sated anyway, thanks though.

Dec 3, 2018
I played this game for a couple of hours, the game is good, cool 10/10, but there are sex scenes with at least 1/3 of the characters ? The game itself goes on for so long and sometimes stuffy and slow that you can consider it a game just with a light romance , there is a feeling that most of the H content is just punishment and I'm not even sure if most of the routes with the characters are finished. There are a lot of them.I think the game is too long and unhurried and I take into account the tendency of developers to perpetual production of the game , I think they will be ready only at such a pace in 2-3 years .I 'd rather postpone it , I don 't like it when the game catches and you 're burdened to wait for a micro update
Yea, I played this game a couple of years ago. Caught up and it has been miserable since then waiting for tiny updates. I supported the dev at first but stopped for that very reason. Meanwhile, this is probably one of my top 5 lewd games. I check back to this thread every few months to be disappointed.

D Dave

Sep 8, 2021
If someone is afraid about viruses, try playing inside a virtual machine.
You can't play demanding games unless you have a high end PC then.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I'm not that into Priti but i must say, her "oh dear" "oh my" "oh gosh" catch phrase (?) has fully sunk into my head and now i can't stop giggling every time another instance of it rolls across the screen. There's this little sadistic part of me that wants to see her teased so hard with lewd ideas that she is overwhelmed and "oh"'s herself into a delirious state.

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I'm not that into Priti but i must say, her "oh dear" "oh my" "oh gosh" catch phrase (?) has fully sunk into my head and now i can't stop giggling every time another instance of it rolls across the screen. There's this little sadistic part of me that wants to see her teased so hard with lewd ideas that she is overwhelmed and "oh"'s herself into a delirious state.
I find her quite adorable, reminds me of some anime characters I used to love, like Kasumi Tendo. After Liz, she is one of my favorites. ;)

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I find her quite adorable, reminds me of some anime characters I used to love, like Kasumi Tendo. After Liz, she is one of my favorites. ;)
I'm more partial to Rachel (so fucking adorable) and Debbie (got a real soft spot for closeted homosexuals accepting their sexuality, also, she's funny when she gets thirsty) but Priti's catchphrase (again, is that the right term for this thing?) just really gets me giggly. That being said, it's easy to like some characters whilst it's easier to like disliking others since this is a game about punishment and discipline, i am quite partial to watching Donna get treated like a peasant and i am very much looking forward to Cass's reaction to anal, fucking that turbo-cunt's ass should be hilarious.

4.50 star(s) 251 Votes