hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
That is honestly pretty close to how I operate. I try to wait for 2-3 updates to go by (or more, depends how much new content is included) before grabbing the latest and starting from fresh.

The other advantage to this method is, many devs do a half-assed job on the earlier content, then when they start becoming successful they go back and upgrade some of the earlier content, adding things like animation, sound, etc... sometimes even more content... You miss all that if you are just resuming from where you left off.

I am eager to see the new update for the headmaster because he talks about improving the animations... which are by far one of the weakest points of the game currently. The stills are amazing, the animations are really trash, it looks like someone just took a JPEG and resized/stretched it a billion times to simulate 'animation.' *This is intended as tough love, no ill will toward the dev, the game is amazing just would be 10x more amazing if we had real animation.

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
Okay, that's pretty strong even for me as a convinced grinder. In some games I would never get anywhere. (Never mind story driven VNs where I still know what is going on, I would spend days just catching up to where I was probably.)

But yeah, games which have a nice character and relationship development, I might even enjoy replaying them more than just seeing "the hot stuff".
this old man has nothing but time

• Haha
Reactions: M. Giganteus

Living In A Lewd World

Jan 15, 2021
Mykock's Manor 0.1 futur game by Altos and Herdone ???? If yes, it's the most wonderful news of the years !!! The headmaster
was my greatest surprise, and the one in which I invested the most. I hope it's not just a little bonus ^^'
  1. No, it's just a mini-game, that was meant as a means of Audience-Participation. The Minigame will be integrated in a future Update of the Maingame.
  2. Currently one gets 2 Updates a year for the Headmaster and the game is appr. half-way-through after 5 years of development. => An extra-"main"-game would probably mean 1 Update per game each year. So... well, as much as I would like to see a successor at some time. Right now, it's just to early.

Aug 31, 2020
oh yes I love the writing and the humor of the game, but the long updates I have more trouble. I thought the game was almost near the end, not halfway through. so yes, I agree, no parallel game otherwise it's worse ^^

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
There is still very basic stuff that, honestly probably should have been prioritized over other sideline attractions that have been added.

The game starts out and leads you to believe that the main point of the game is to punish the students in the game's unique punishment mode in order to modify their behavior (and in a sense level those characters up to unlock new events, interactions, etc.)

However, that mode is still only in place for a handful of the characters, and even the main characters where it is more built out, all have some kind of limitations or things that haven't been completed yet. Some characters now have the punishment mode but it's not the full/real punishment mode yet.

I think the foundation needs to be fully built before the kitchen gets remodeled but this is a trap a lot of devs fall into unfortunately.

deepsauce47

Jan 3, 2023
There is still very basic stuff that, honestly probably should have been prioritized over other sideline attractions that have been added.

The game starts out and leads you to believe that the main point of the game is to punish the students in the game's unique punishment mode in order to modify their behavior (and in a sense level those characters up to unlock new events, interactions, etc.)

However, that mode is still only in place for a handful of the characters, and even the main characters where it is more built out, all have some kind of limitations or things that haven't been completed yet. Some characters now have the punishment mode but it's not the full/real punishment mode yet.

I think the foundation needs to be fully built before the kitchen gets remodeled but this is a trap a lot of devs fall into unfortunately.
For what it's worth, Altos has discussed exactly this tendency to get sidetracked at length in some of his Patreon posts. He acknowledged that the Maxine storyline in particular got a lot longer than he wanted, and there is now a roadmap in place to ensure that further development stays focused. He seems to have his eyes wide open about the whole thing and aware of the pitfalls, which makes me confident that development will stay focused.

MrFingers

Nov 19, 2020
Debbie's Halloween Special? I don't see it anywhere. It said "event log" but I am unable to locate that. Thanks!

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022
Debbie's Halloween Special? I don't see it anywhere. It said "event log" but I am unable to locate that. Thanks!
If you mean that access to it has unlocked within your playthrough but you can't find it then (and forgive me if I'm trying to teach you to suck eggs), within the replay menu that is accessible through the button on the left of the screen when in the campus overview screen is what it means by the 'event log'. The event itself can be found under the 'Holiday Specials' part of the menu on the right hand side of the replay screen.

4.50 star(s) 251 Votes