AltosandHerdone

Game Developer
Jan 5, 2019
Crash report... :(

This happened just after I got the morning cut-scene when the Headmaster talks about how he wants to ask the school board to allow him to punish the girls himself. Happy to provide other details if required.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
While running game code:
File "game/vfour.rpy", line 115, in <module>
ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------
Full traceback:
File "monday.rpyc", line 3194, in script call
File "script.rpyc", line 1442, in script call
File "vfour.rpyc", line 115, in script
File "C:\[directory]\TheHeadmaster-0.4.1Beta-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 881, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\[directory]\TheHeadmaster-0.4.1Beta-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1913, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/vfour.rpy", line 115, in <module>
File "C:\[directory]\TheHeadmaster-0.4.1Beta-pc\renpy\python.py", line 713, in do_mutation
return method(self, *args, **kwargs)
ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list
Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
The Headmaster 0.4.1Beta
This bug is caused if you get past the second dream sequence without unlocking the quest about the old headmasters death. Scroll back from where you are (or use an earlier save) and then read all the diary entries in the recycle bin of the computer. This will stop the bug. I've also fixed it for the main release.

U

User_10739

It should be an option when she is bent over the desk, assuming you have found it.
I could be mistaken, but I believe that they are not implemented yet.
Debbie is the only one that gets spanked without skirt and with a ruler or paddle atm.

Reactions: TheDevian

Phil5k

Aug 3, 2018
This bug is caused if you get past the second dream sequence without unlocking the quest about the old headmasters death. Scroll back from where you are (or use an earlier save) and then read all the diary entries in the recycle bin of the computer. This will stop the bug. I've also fixed it for the main release.
Thank you! That was exactly what I (hadn't) done!

For stupid people like me who have forgotten to trigger the quest (or didn't realise you trigger the quest by reading the diary entries), could I suggest adding an extra action to the quests box to give a little hint? For instance, instead of simply starting the quest with "ask the staff about the old headmaster", could you have 2 actions, e.g.

(1) Explore your office and computer to see if you can find out any information about the old headmaster

(2) Ask the staff about the old headmaster and see if anyone knows anything about his death

AltosandHerdone

Game Developer
Jan 5, 2019
Thank you! That was exactly what I (hadn't) done!

For stupid people like me who have forgotten to trigger the quest (or didn't realise you trigger the quest by reading the diary entries), could I suggest adding an extra action to the quests box to give a little hint? For instance, instead of simply starting the quest with "ask the staff about the old headmaster", could you have 2 actions, e.g.

(1) Explore your office and computer to see if you can find out any information about the old headmaster

(2) Ask the staff about the old headmaster and see if anyone knows anything about his death
Yeah good point. This quest doesn't go anywhere yet (apart from triggering a few conversations) but obviously it will become very important later in the story. I need to make sure it is correctly triggered.

Jun 22, 2018
I got an issue after getting Debbie to level 5 and punishing her a few times I say she can go and she ends up on Miss Newmans lap being spanked again but it won't let me do anything after it

Phil5k

Aug 3, 2018
This quest [...] will become very important later in the story.
That's what I love about this game. It's not just "take over the school, spank all the girls in sight". (Not that there's anything wrong with that! :)) But you've also got this whole underlying murder mystery story, with powerful organisations lucking in the shadows, and mysterious individuals and hints of a bigger conspiracy. It adds a lot more depth to the game.

In fact, you might just have created a whole new genre... the first ever schoolgirl spanking murder mystery! :D

AltosandHerdone

Game Developer
Jan 5, 2019
Possible spoiler:
I'm still not able to get the keys and the find the guy at lake, any tip?

Not a spoiler anymore:
Just a sidenote, Cassandra is an example of how a good smile can change a person/character. She's not my favorite walking around the school, but that photo on student's portrait... holy shit what a goddess.
You will be able to get Sally's keys in the main release to my $5 patrons this weekend. Also Cassandra says thanks:

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
Does this have any kind of relationship/love route planned, or already in game?
That female teacher looks hot. :p

kookieman12

Nov 18, 2017
I somehow cant get the private punishment of debbie to trigger...
Always when I catch her doing something this happens:
View attachment 337361
The problem with this is, that I didn't have her sent to my office in the last 2-3 weeks...
And because of this I can't advance past the third Quest for Sally... (which is by the way also numbered with second lol)
I have the same issue. How do we get around this?

lalakobe

Sep 10, 2018
I have some replay scenes locked, can anyone help me?
This game was started in 0.3 and continued in 0.4. 1.PNG

ryusai

Apr 10, 2018
Just found one bug.
If you play again "Lucy's Runs You a Bath" via the Event Log, but you decide to wait for her or cover yourself, at the end of the event, the event goes back to "Event locked".

4.50 star(s) 251 Votes