VN Ren'Py The Hellcat Lounge [v0.3.67] [Wilson Wonka]

4.60 star(s) 78 Votes

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I replied to your post because you are generally pretty positive on the game.
For good reason.

Despite what my posts today may say, what you've made here is one of my fave male protag games. Writing is great and the characters are fantastic.

What I took offense to was you calling our love and integrity into question when the issues above have been addressed. Just not here. And we don't owe anyone here an explanation unless they are supporting us.
You absolutely don't owe an explanation.

It is how it felt to me, glad it's not the case.

While you don't owe us anything you must be aware how it appeared to some of us though. 3 amazing chapters then chapter 4 is broken down.

WilsonWonka

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2021
This make me laugh... Dev is bashing pirates for promoting the game, makes claims that pirates won't/don't support the game, etc etc. Like who the fuck do you think you are? DPC? Are you really expecting that your current approach to this in badmouthing pirates and such is gonna win you over?

Here is the hard truth: You don't have the acclaim to fame here, specially in the AVN reknown. Having the game here actually will help you broaden your potential investments, provided you actual put out quality updates that aren't 5 or so mins worth of story that are worked for what, 3-4 months? This attitude screams that your trying to sell your game off as better than some, when the reality is... It's not that grand. Prospect wise, it HAS potential. But as of right now, it's not there. Not sorry for sugar coating it.

Here is a little sound advice: Don't bash your potential investors here. Granted, pirates are going to pirate the game. Thats literally the nature of the beast in any game. BUT, not only do you earn free advertisement, but also the possible pledge to support your game potentially. Naturally it's not a given, but it's still there.

DPC made it BIG here starting out, all thanks to the promotion and everything he did with AL. It helped launch him off to where he is now, abietly a cuntish asshole with the ego the size of Everest but I digress. Wilson, your not DPC level of fame right now. I get that you want all the support and everything, we all get that. But you have to earn that support, not expect it. Your game has promise and potentially to be a B+ to A- type of game, depending on how this all turns out. Putting out longer, deeper updates that have some measure of meat to them and not half assed on will eventually earn you more investors and patrons. Go with the baby steps approach here and in the long run, it very well might just pay off.

Just speaking my peace.
I think your mistaking my logical viewpoint of the minimal amount of money it would take the folks who sub to the same devs who have a ton of support already and spreading that out to change any new devs chances of survival with my expectations for our game. I was speaking in an all around term and simply using our numbers to state my case. I've stated clearly that I have no intentions of quitting the game no matter the level of support (because I enjoy making it) nor do I not appreciate the amount of support we get. We're actually in the top 7% of earners for Adult Games on Patreon. It's not something I take lightly.

But I expect nothing. If I expected to make it rich off this I would have made a college, harem, incest game with supermodels and no tattoos (also, all somehow surprisingly virgins) if I wanted to make it big, big. This started and will end as a short little dream project, and whatever support we get is what we get. And we appreciate every single bit of it.

To be fair, I still don't believe I'm bashing a lot of potential investors here. There are some that will support if they like the game. They probably agree with me. There are countless more that won't, and they'll never agree with me, and that's just the truth of the matter.

The real crux of the matter is that last part. We'll continue to make the game at the pace and size we can comfortably make without burnout. That is the only thing that matters when it comes to subscribers. As of now, I have a very demanding job that makes me almost 10x my cut of our subs right now, and it demands more than 40 hours of my time a week. So, I'm not gonna kill myself unless I see a reason to. This has been explained to our subscribers on numerous occasions. I'd rather make a good game at a comfortable pace than a bad one (or worse an incomplete one) due to burnout.

Last edited:

WilsonWonka

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2021
For good reason.

Despite what my posts today may say, what you've made here is one of my fave male protag games. Writing is great and the characters are fantastic.

You absolutely don't owe an explanation.

It is how it felt to me, glad it's not the case.

While you don't owe us anything you must be aware how it appeared to some of us though. 3 amazing chapters then chapter 4 is broken down.
I made it clear that this was a bad year to our subs, and I'd rather put out small releases instead of one big release at the end of the year. That gives the players a choice. You can choose to play the three short releases, knowing that they aren't full chapters, or wait until the Version ticks to 4. The full chapter will be larger than the last chapter by a bit, per my estimates. So we aren't shirking on trying to get the chapter out. It's just taking longer due to work obligations.

I don't like to make a ton of excuses. Some devs make too many excuses and eventually it becomes hard to believe or take them seriously. But, I do need to make a living and don't want to kill myself. So, I have to balance things appropriately and this is the best way we could find to do it.

If our subscribers choose to go full chapter releases again after this year, then we'll happily go back to that.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
I think your mistaking my logical viewpoint of the minimal amount of money it would take the folks who sub to the same devs who have a ton of support already and spreading that out to change any new devs chances of survival with my expectations for our game. I was speaking in an al around term and simply using our numbers to state my case. I've stated clearly that I have no intentions of quitting the game no matter the level of support (because I enjoy making it) nor do I not appreciate the amount of support we get. We're actually in the top 7% of earners for Adult Games on Patreon. It's not something I take lightly.

But I expect nothing. If I expected to make it rich off this I would have made a college, harem, incest game with supermodels and no tattoos (also, all somehow surprisingly virgins) if I wanted to make it big, big. This started and will end as a short little dream project, and whatever support we get is what we get. And we appreciate every single bit of it.

To be fair, I still don't believe I'm bashing a lot of potential investors here. There are some that will support if they like the game. They probably agree with me. There are countless more that won't, and they'll never agree with me, and that's just the truth of the matter.

The real crux of the matter is that last part. We'll continue to make the game at the pace and size we can comfortably make without burnout. That is the only thing that matters when it comes to subscribers. As of now, I have a very demanding job that makes me almost 10x my cut of our subs right now, and it demands more than 40 hours of my time a week. So, I'm not gonna kill myself unless I see a reason to. This has been explained to our subscribers on numerous occasions. I'd rather make a good game at a comfortable pace than a bad one (or worse an incomplete one) due to burnout.
Fair points in general, though I'd make two points here.

Your "logical view on money support": Thats not logical to begin with, it's your expectation of expecting that sort of minimal support. Your view on your game is that 'well it's this good so I should be atleast getting this amount of support'. Yet, for me and others certainly we'd argue otherwise, mainly basing on any number of things. Some would be for content or kinks, for me, it would be the overall story and amount of content. Renders and girls wise, it's a plus no doubt, but for story and content, there isn't alot there. You've put out four chapters so far, three bangers and the fourth has been a mess and half. I'm, and I'm sure some others feel this ways as well, not entirely sold on return of investment at the current rate so to speak. Not wanting to burn out is entirely commendable, and should be encouraged.

Secondly, while you've said that your subs have knowledge of expectations and goals, not everyone here does. Sure, someone might share a bit of news on whats what but not every goes through the threads to learn the latest. Sure, I follow a number of games here, yet I'm not always up to date on whats new, mainly because I either get it from another source or I simply don't want to dive into a thread of well... idiots at times.

Reactions: Skep-tiker

WilsonWonka

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2021
Fair points in general, though I'd make two points here.

Your "logical view on money support": Thats not logical to begin with, it's your expectation of expecting that sort of minimal support. Your view on your game is that 'well it's this good so I should be atleast getting this amount of support'. Yet, for me and others certainly we'd argue otherwise, mainly basing on any number of things. Some would be for content or kinks, for me, it would be the overall story and amount of content. Renders and girls wise, it's a plus no doubt, but for story and content, there isn't alot there. You've put out four chapters so far, three bangers and the fourth has been a mess and half. I'm, and I'm sure some others feel this ways as well, not entirely sold on return of investment at the current rate so to speak. Not wanting to burn out is entirely commendable, and should be encouraged.

Secondly, while you've said that your subs have knowledge of expectations and goals, not everyone here does. Sure, someone might share a bit of news on whats what but not every goes through the threads to learn the latest. Sure, I follow a number of games here, yet I'm not always up to date on whats new, mainly because I either get it from another source or I simply don't want to dive into a thread of well... idiots at times.
Again, I stated that even a percentage of that could change peoples lives. To go back to your DPC analogy, he has around 73m watching his game. I'm sure he doesn't have 73m supporters. I don't care enough to go and see what his subscriber numbers are. Plus you'd have to add in Steam. But, I digress. The simple fact of the matter is there are a lot of folks giving DPC (who does the work) and countless other old school devs who don't do the work a ton of money for no progress. If some of those folks would support new and promising devs instead, that would help the community as a whole and help some newer ideas get into the mix so we don't have so many cookie cutter games.

I don't care if you support us, but support something new and promising instead on occasion. I promise you DPC will be okay for a couple of months. That's not me assuming you're supporting DPC. Just going with the analogy.

For the second part, I understand not everyone here knows what's going on. But our subscribers do. To come here and be accused of not being clear on what I'm doing is akin to going to Burger King and wondering why they don't have a McDonald's menu. The two things are antithetical. Why would people want to pay for insider info on our Patreon if I'm just gonna post it here. It makes no logical sense.

You get to play and try the games for free. I don't argue to have it taken down and never will. It'd be stupid. That should be enough to let you know whether you feel a game deserves support or not. If you want to know more, then you know where you can find it.

Thirdly, I'm sorry you feel like the current updates have been a mess. Most folks who talk to us tell us they still enjoy them. I don't think it breaks any of the mold we've set in place, other than being bite sized chunks instead of one big one. But, we can't be for everybody all the time. Hopefully you enjoy it more once you see it all in place.

You're gonna have to as the next update is gonna break everyone's saves.

WilsonWonka

Game Developer
Jan 23, 2021
Actually somewhat happy about this even tho I know many wont like it. I been wanting to replay this game but that will give me a reason too.
A lot of the early animations and all of the renders with posters in them are getting redone, since a lot of the posters are copyrighted and I'm an idiot. Can't get it on Steam with those. So it'll be like a whole new game anyways.

Valdazz

Apr 8, 2019
A short update but man does this game have some of the best animations of any game i have seen on this website. A squirting animated scene and its not just pictures cut up of before and after like 99% time, its actually animated. Amazing.

I feel for the devs but the reality is that this website drives the most support for any game, i know it doesnt feel like that at times but thats the true i can speak from personal experience of a friend of mine that makes games and whose game blew up after it was posted here. However there are a lot of factors that go into it.
Timing, competition, over saturation of a genre/gimmick, quality, marketing, etc...

And a lot of people dont care or know much about these... like how many devs that "intentionally" leak their own games even know that this website has almost double the traffic of people visiting it on the weekends than it has from Mon-Fri? I think most probably dont cause i constantly see them leak their own games on like a Tuesday at 4AM or something when most of Europe/NA are sleeping....
I agree the squirting animation is truly something else, But other than that i believe The Seven Realms animation is on par if not better. Sparkling Duplicity is the King of animations tho, nothing here can top that

Nizzquizz

Oct 20, 2017
Just stumbled over this, all fresh and peachy, and I'm loving it. Good music, great writing for the characters, hot and distinct babes, and I can see the gutwrenching heartbreak on the wall .. which is horrible of course, but having a difficult time to choose really just speaks for the characters. Awesome stuff all around.

Just ... whatever happens, Seok will have a happy end, yes? With cuddles and puppies and pancakes, right?

D Dog

Jul 31, 2018
Love the update, and I have to say the animations is one of the best I have seen. It is also great to have a MC who doesn't look like a teenager.

ozzybear

May 9, 2023
This update was a little short but I'm glad we got some Mary time in. You can litterally make one choice at the beginning of 0.3.67 and skip the entire update x)

edit: Before I get maligned (fair to expect on here imho) I'm not complaining. This is just one of the realities of partitioned chapter updates.

Last edited:

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
A quick Mod from me with choices helps/walkthrough and some more game settings

================================
Sept. 17, 2024
Updated my Mod for the new game version v0.3.67

================================

Download Mod v0.3.67 (~3MB)
WorkUpload -

Android port from the game compressed
with integrated Mod v0.3.67 (~680MB)
Workupload -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Some ingame pics of my Mod:
View attachment 1955462 View attachment 1955464 View attachment 1955465 View attachment 1955466 View attachment 1955467
v0.3.67
You get an error when trying to change Miriam's points in the cheat options

Screenshot 2024-09-18 010516.png

EDIT: Found out the error doesn't appear if you start a new game
EDIT: Even if it works after starting a new game, these's still an error if you try to change Miriam's "lust" and "hug" points

Lust after starting a newgame

Hug after starting a new game

Error after using an old save

Last edited:
Reactions: KoGa3

Calz

Mar 12, 2022
So I'm guessing its 500-600 renders per update now?

I mean no disrespect to the developer and I understand and respect the choice of avoiding burnout by doing smaller updates.

But in my personal preference smaller updates aren't worth downloading due to how short the gameplay time is, that doesn't mean I'm abandoning the game it just means I'll only touch it again in the future when there's a substantial amount of updates.

Reactions: SerHawkes

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
So I'm guessing its 500-600 renders per update now?

I mean no disrespect to the developer and I understand and respect the choice of avoiding burnout by doing smaller updates.

But in my personal preference smaller updates aren't worth downloading due to how short the gameplay time is, that doesn't mean I'm abandoning the game it just means I'll only touch it again in the future when there's a substantial amount of updates.
you know the great thing about short updates?
it caters to both short and long update lovers

short lovers get what they want and the long lovers just skip 1 or 2 updates then play all in 1 go to get what they want

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
you know the great thing about short updates?
it caters to both short and long update lovers

short lovers get what they want and the long lovers just skip 1 or 2 updates then play all in 1 go to get what they want
it is what it is... it was a lovely update, albeit short. The devs are not doing this full time. So we take what we get. I'm not complaining.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
it is what it is... it was a lovely update, albeit short. The devs are not doing this full time. So we take what we get. I'm not complaining.
busy with our witches VN update rn so haven't actually played the update yet :ROFLMAO: soon....

4.60 star(s) 78 Votes