Jun 15, 2021
Oh man, I really liked this game. It's going to be text only now? It seems like if you have the ability to do it, and the illustrated version seems to prove the ability is there, you would want to focus on the graphic version. If you're trying to get supporters it seems to me that a text game is a really limited audience.

Anyway, bummer- I really enjoyed this game. There aren't that many quality BDSM narratives out there.

Jun 15, 2021
Sorry about that, but I don't have the energy to fight all the trolls on this site.
What! Why would you be engaging with trolls in the first place. This is the reason most successful / established dev's dont interact on forums here. It's wasted energy.

Most people on here have very little understanding of software development.

Paul Newmon

Apr 27, 2021
Oh man, I really liked this game. It's going to be text only now? It seems like if you have the ability to do it, and the illustrated version seems to prove the ability is there, you would want to focus on the graphic version. If you're trying to get supporters it seems to me that a text game is a really limited audience.

Anyway, bummer- I really enjoyed this game. There aren't that many quality BDSM narratives out there.
The Higher Society, Illustrated
I guess you missed the Devs other games, as listed at the top of Page 1.
The illustrated version is about 7 game days behind the text version. It varies, as the illustrator is not the writer of this story.
If you want to know what is coming, play this version first. If you don't want to know what is coming, stick with the illustrated version.

zoislk

Dec 9, 2019
The Higher Society, Illustrated
I guess you missed the Devs other games, as listed at the top of Page 1.
The illustrated version is about 7 game days behind the text version. It varies, as the illustrator is not the writer of this story.
If you want to know what is coming, play this version first. If you don't want to know what is coming, stick with the illustrated version.
The dev has stated multiple times that he's not going to continue the illustrated version (because some troll on here kept releasing it earlier than he wanted despite his saying he'd release a free version after his patreons had a chance to play it first). Not sure how well that's going to work out since the troll could, I assume, do the same thing to the text-only version if he really wanted, but ... maybe we'll eventually get a finished illustrated version after he finishes the text-only version?

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019

Thanks. Glad that you enjoyed it. I'm not trying to get supporters. I just enjoy creating a story and don't really need a big audience. As long as one person finds enjoyment in my stories then that's good enough for me.

Paul Newmon

Apr 27, 2021
The dev has stated multiple times that he's not going to continue the illustrated version (because some troll on here kept releasing it earlier than he wanted despite his saying he'd release a free version after his patreons had a chance to play it first). Not sure how well that's going to work out since the troll could, I assume, do the same thing to the text-only version if he really wanted, but ... maybe we'll eventually get a finished illustrated version after he finishes the text-only version?
On SubscribeStar, the Dev has posted some new pics, as of July 31st, for his subscribers. I take that to mean that the illustrated version is not abandoned. For me, it does not matter if the illustrated version is halted. I enjoyed the written version long before the illustrated version was released. Heck, I like them both!

free_hk

May 20, 2020
On SubscribeStar, the Dev has posted some new pics, as of July 31st, for his subscribers. I take that to mean that the illustrated version is not abandoned. For me, it does not matter if the illustrated version is halted. I enjoyed the written version long before the illustrated version was released. Heck, I like them both!
I would hate if 0.9 was the last illustrated version, but am glad to know there ought to be at least one more. I've read text-based smut before, but it's just not the same without visuals. The story is great but the pictures bring it all to life.

Reactions: xxerikxx

pridachacr

Oct 15, 2016
Just posting to support one of the few devs that realises that even visual novels are novels, and the main value is in the text. I wouldn't have the ability to keep producing stuff for a community that keeps insulting smart hard work. I'm extremely lazy and will produce nothing, so the only advice that matters from me is do whatever you feel is best and makes you happy, you are the one actually making the content and it shouldn't result in you feeling bad.

NakedSingularity

May 17, 2022
So, basically the story with no renders or animations? Isn't that called a book? I didn't know people still read those outside school when they have to.

• Angry
Reactions: Nulldev

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
So, uhm. The text-only version in the OP is 0.36 but the illustrated one is 0.9, although it's supposedly trailing few months behind the text-only original, from what am reading in this thread (and comparing change logs)

This... doesn't make much sense.

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
So, uhm. The text-only version in the OP is 0.36 but the illustrated one is 0.9, although it's supposedly trailing few months behind the text-only original, from what am reading in this thread (and comparing change logs)

I create a new version for each day in the text based version. So version 0.36 = 36 days of gameplay. In the illustrated version we normally have 2-3 days of gameplay in each version. Version 0.10 = 22 days of gameplay.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I create a new version for each day in the text based version. So version 0.36 = 36 days of gameplay. In the illustrated version we normally have 2-3 days of gameplay in each version. Version 0.10 = 22 days of gameplay.
Alright, but in this case shouldn't the illustrated game be at version 0.22 or something like that, since it covers 22 days of the gameplay..? The way it's currently listed as 0.9 implies the player can expect something nearly complete, when it's, well, anything but.

I'll admit it's very naive of me to still expect versioning of these games to follow some sort of reasonable standards, but i can't help it :v

• Angry
Reactions: water_rockz_sockz

NakedSingularity

May 17, 2022

Is the story even the same or is it like comparing Stephen King's The Stand book to the movie?

3.00 star(s) 9 Votes