RPGM Abandoned The Humbling Experience [v0.32] [Greyinu]

4.80 star(s) 16 Votes

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
well the problem with that is how to do the art also where the story was going hard to do that with out changing something.

D

Deleted member 177791

Nope never a word on why it was abandoned which is the most frustrating thing about it. Ironically the guy who was doing a renpy remake of the game on this forum abandoned without any explanation either before even reaching the last update of the original game... The worst is that Greyinu could have really died or something and no one would know...

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 2, 2020
Nope never a word on why it was abandoned which is the most frustrating thing about it. Ironically the guy who was doing a renpy remake of the game on this forum abandoned without any explanation either before even reaching the last update of the original game... The worst is that Greyinu could have really died or something and no one would know...
Then find someone to continue or remake it,this site should have a section for abandoned games to be picked up if the dev fails to deliver.

• Angry
Reactions: junkanon

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
Why not? I mean this is one hell of a game!
Yes, it's a good game. That doesn't mean that someone should try to take it over and complete it.

There are four main reasons which come to mind right away, as to why this site should not have a section for abandoned games to be picked up if the developer "fails to deliver", as Fanatic Vortex put it. If we really sat down and thought about it, we might come up with additional reasons, but these are the four which come to mind right off.
  1. Most people don't realize how much work goes into making a good game. Anything other than a quick, throw-away, cash grab game takes real work to develop. There have been a few "remakes" on F95 Zone, with someone trying to complete a game which was abandoned, or trying to redo a game using a different engine. I can't think of any which have made it more than a couple of updates before they get abandoned.
  2. Some games use custom assets, and even custom plugins for the game engine. If you don't have access to those things, then you can't use them in any continuation of the game. This means that visuals, sounds, music, game mechanics, and a whole slew of other things won't be the same in the continuation. Some of these assets can be purchased, but some are created by the game developers. And even when they can be purchased, if you don't have a list of the assets used, you may not be able to match them.
  3. If you think a game is particularly good, chances are that it's not just the visuals, audio, and game mechanics. Chances are, you like the characters and the story. And when a story gets abandoned partway through, no one but the original writer can truly complete it. No one else can represent the characters in quite the same way. No one else knows how the story was meant to progress or what the ending was supposed to be. I wouldn't want to see just anybody try to take over any of my favorites. I would rather live with a favorite game never being completed, than to see some random person ruin it, no matter how good their intentions may have been.
  4. Lastly, and by far most importantly, these games are the intellectual property of their creators. Whether it's Greyinu abandoning this game, or Dynamite Red Games abandoning Valliant Warrior Astrid, no one else has the right to take the game over, at least not without the creator's express permission. If Greyinu pops up in this thread and gives one of you the rights to the game, then I withdraw this objection, but otherwise, it's just stealing.

sirbajo

Donor
Aug 19, 2016
Euhm been ages since i played this gem. Would you be so kind to share your save please? I’ll play on your save and see whzt you need to do

bllahbllub

May 5, 2017
We had this convo a year or so ago make one but not this one! The Character Develeptment is the main key for this only greyinu can write it 1. Humor 2. Pacing 3. All chars are perfect!

Varik8876

Sep 17, 2019
This has not been mentioned by anybody I have seen before, but I am using version 0.32beta from the download links, tried two different ones just in case on was corrupt and got to day 4 I think it is where you have the option to act as a model for the comic shop guy, I can got to the location and then have the power go off and get told to go get the camera, no problem doing that then go back the the photo place, after talking to the guy there the screen goes black apart from the talk box, which states something about the props and how they are lighter than she thinks they would be at which point I get this error pop up. Anybody got any idea what is missing,if it was saying which bitmap I know I could copy and paste and rename another one to make it work, but this no idea. Or am I missing the run time package, though I would have expected errors much earlier if I was missing it, if the game would run at all.

2021-02-07_18-58-32.png

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
This has not been mentioned by anybody I have seen before, but I am using version 0.32beta from the download links, tried two different ones just in case on was corrupt and got to day 4 I think it is where you have the option to act as a model for the comic shop guy, I can got to the location and then have the power go off and get told to go get the camera, no problem doing that then go back the the photo place, after talking to the guy there the screen goes black apart from the talk box, which states something about the props and how they are lighter than she thinks they would be at which point I get this error pop up. Anybody got any idea what is missing,if it was saying which bitmap I know I could copy and paste and rename another one to make it work, but this no idea. Or am I missing the run time package, though I would have expected errors much earlier if I was missing it, if the game would run at all.

View attachment 1025205
Someone made a renpy remake of this game. The dev is long gone that remake probably fixed it.

Varik8876

Sep 17, 2019
Someone made a renpy remake of this game. The dev is long gone that remake probably fixed it.
that remake is dead so other bugs may happen there.....
Yep, went back to a previous save and just choose not to do the model option for the comic shop and it worked ok, though the bit the made me go hmm, was later on in the game where nico takes you to the night club the photographer from the comic model shoot is there and acts as though you did do the shoot.

Last bug I found is after going to the party with nico and the gym people, I bailed without doing anything, and then going to see nico for the therapy session, all nico does is complain a bit then just sit blocking the door, and you can basically do nothing after that being locked in the hotel, only accessing the lobby and a few other places.

Wish humble would do the rpg maker bundle again, this time I would buy it.

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
if i rember right that person said it was not a remake but the same game just in renpy because they did not want to mess up the game. please don't quote me on that tho been sooooooo loooooooong back i think lol.

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
a lot of us like the game and the hot teacher lol. we all wish the maker of the game would come back to it but then we don't know what happened to the dev also lol.

Jan 2, 2020
a lot of us like the game and the hot teacher lol. we all wish the maker of the game would come back to it but then we don't know what happened to the dev also lol.
Might be wrong but most of the time when a dev just disappears it means that he stopped giving a fk about the game and its community.

Reactions: itsyeboii

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
well this was a gold mine. hell i still play it for the hot as hell teacher and the other lady's lol

4.80 star(s) 16 Votes