zerodead

Engaged Member
Jan 18, 2018
sabe sempre que eu vejo a fala da linda , eu sempre penso na applejack , e da onde tiro esse nome ? linda mae ?

always know that I see the talk of the linda, I always think of applejack, and where do I get that name? linda mae ?

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
sabe sempre que eu vejo a fala da linda , eu sempre penso na applejack , e da onde tiro esse nome ? linda mae ?

always know that I see the talk of the linda, I always think of applejack, and where do I get that name? linda mae ?
Hahaha, cara... Pra ser sincero eu nunca assisti MLP...

A Linda é um estereótipo da garota sulista americana, Linda Mae é um nome que soa sulista (pelo menos pra mim).
Hmm... Agora que eu to pensando melhor... O "Mae" do nome dela deve ter vindo da HQ Farm Lessons... Se eu não me engano a garota lá se chamava "Alguma-coisa Mae"...

English:

Hahaha, man... To be honest, I've never watched MLP...

Linda is a southern american girl stereotype. "Linda Mae" is a southerner sounding name (at least for me).
Hmm... Now that I think about it... The "Mae" from her name might have come from the Farm Lessons HQ... If I recall correctly the girl there was called "Something-something Mae"...

zerodead

Engaged Member
Jan 18, 2018
Hahaha, cara... Pra ser sincero eu nunca assisti MLP...

A Linda é um estereótipo da garota sulista americana, Linda Mae é um nome que soa sulista (pelo menos pra mim).
Hmm... Agora que eu to pensando melhor... O "Mae" do nome dela deve ter vindo da HQ Farm Lessons... Se eu não me engano a garota lá se chamava "Alguma-coisa Mae"...

English:

Hahaha, man... To be honest, I've never watched MLP...

Linda is a southern american girl stereotype. "Linda Mae" is a southerner sounding name (at least for me).
Hmm... Now that I think about it... The "Mae" from her name might have come from the Farm Lessons HQ... If I recall correctly the girl there was called "Something-something Mae"...
kkkkk

Reactions: Lykanz

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
This wasn't a bad little game. It's an interesting enough premise, the MC isn't trying to nail family members (I know, right?), there's a little bit of romance going on, AND Linda Mae is just as cute as a li'l ol' button. (Don't ask me, I'm FROM the South and never understood that one either...) :) Linda Mae is just adorable in appearance, personality, and quirkiness.

The 4th wall breaks weren't as bad as other people made them sound- they did break up some of the immersion, but they were interspersed well, they were relevant to the plot, and a couple of them made me chuckle. I did like the nod/homage to "House Arrest", that was pretty cool too.

The only real issue was the darkness of her freckles (or maybe the spacing of them), but there were a couple of scenes where it looked like she had a case of explosive diarrhea while wearing M.C. Hammer pants or was a Trill (Jadzia Dax and Ezri Dax from DS9, if you were wondering). If they were lightened up or maybe smaller then it wouldn't look as odd... I, personally, like freckles- and a red head with green eyes sporting them is....*Schwing*

Also, one last question- why is this particular line "trademarked"? Is there a backstory to this or is it an inside joke?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Er... If you go back to the clothing store after... well when you have the possibility to stop at it, you are stuck. You can go to the bathroom or the fitting room, but not out of the store :/

Oct 12, 2017
Why Honey Select must be a trash!?
HS characters are amazing, it's an original idea to make Ren'Py game by using this technique.
Ok.... for sure is not very legal to use third parts stuff without permission, especially if you are going to post the game on Patreon :coldsweat::coldsweat::coldsweat::coldsweat:

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
Er... If you go back to the clothing store after... well when you have the possibility to stop at it, you are stuck. You can go to the bathroom or the fitting room, but not out of the store :/
I just rolled-back and opted not to use the restroom. Hope that helps. :)

T-dog

Dec 22, 2017
Yeah, this kind of humour isn't for everyone. You should still give it a try tho. The humour is just one part of it, and its not always so over the top.
I personally love it when the main character breaks the 4th wall and talks to the audience or the narrator and cracks jokes that he knows it's a game.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
This wasn't a bad little game. It's an interesting enough premise, the MC isn't trying to nail family members (I know, right?), there's a little bit of romance going on, AND Linda Mae is just a cute as a li'l ol' button. (Don't ask me, I'm FROM the South and never understood that one either...) :) Linda Mae is just adorable in appearance, personality, and quirkiness.

The 4th wall breaks weren't as bad as other people made them sound- they did break up some of the immersion, but they were interspersed well, they were relevant to the plot, and a couple of them made me chuckle. I did like the nod/homage to "House Arrest", that was pretty cool too.

The only real issue was the darkness of her freckles (or maybe the spacing of them), but there were a couple of scenes where it looked like she had a case of explosive diarrhea while wearing M.C. Hammer pants or was a Trill (Jadzia Dax and Ezri Dax from DS9, if you were wondering). If they were lightened up or maybe smaller then it wouldn't look as odd... I, personally, like freckles- and a red head with green eyes sporting them is....*Schwing*

Also, one last question- why is this particular line "trademarked"? Is there a backstory to this or is it an inside joke?
Haha, thanks man!
Linda sure is a blast, she's one of my favorite, I mean, I love all my characters, but Linda has a special place.
Also, .

I just rolled-back and opted not to use the restroom. Hope that helps. :)
I had a save just before, so not really stuck. But well it's a shame, either you have a good times with two girls, two times, or you continue the game ;)
If you go back, just keep going to the bathroom and fitting rooms untill you see all the scenes, eventually a third option will appear so you can continue your trip.
This part wasn't originally on the story, I added it so people could see all the clothing store scenes and unlock them at the scene replay gallery.
It was the most "somewhat believable" way I could think of.

Why Honey Select must be a trash!?
HS characters are amazing, it's an original idea to make Ren'Py game by using this technique.
Ok.... for sure is not very legal to use third parts stuff without permission, especially if you are going to post the game on Patreon :coldsweat::coldsweat::coldsweat::coldsweat:
I know, I love me some Honey Select VNs. I said that on the first post because that's kind of a trope on this forum, there's a lot of people that vehemently advocate that HS games are trash.

I personally love it when the main character breaks the 4th wall and talks to the audience or the narrator and cracks jokes that he knows it's a game.
I love it too, 4th wall breaking is one of my favorite writing devices.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
wow, Brazilian Portuguese

that's nice to know! already downloading it
E é pt-br escrito por um brasileiro, então pode esperar os personagens falando como brasileiros mesmo!

English:

And it's brazilian portuguese written by a brazilian, so you can expect the characters speaking as if they were brazilians!

Reactions: theboredone

antonio96

Oct 1, 2017
É a primeira vez que eu me deparo com um jogo em Português-BR, ou seja, esse jogo já se tornou o meu xodó hahahahah. Enfim, te desejo uma boa sorte no desenvolvimento do jogo, to torcendo para que este seja o "sucessor do Milfy City e do Big Brother" hahahahah, grande abraço.

ENG: It's the first time that I come across a game in Portuguese-BR, that is, this game has already become my xodó hahahahah. Anyway, I wish you good luck in the development of the game, so hoping that this is the "successor to Milfy City and Big Brother" hahahaha, big hug.
(Thanks Google Translator).

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
É a primeira vez que eu me deparo com um jogo em Português-BR, ou seja, esse jogo já se tornou o meu xodó hahahahah. Enfim, te desejo uma boa sorte no desenvolvimento do jogo, to torcendo para que este seja o "sucessor do Milfy City e do Big Brother" hahahahah, grande abraço.

ENG: It's the first time that I come across a game in Portuguese-BR, that is, this game has already become my xodó hahahahah. Anyway, I wish you good luck in the development of the game, so hoping that this is the "successor to Milfy City and Big Brother" hahahaha, big hug.
(Thanks Google Translator).
Haha, é, a gente não vê muitos WEGs em pt-br (eu acho que só vi uns 2 até agora).
E wow, Milf City e Big Brother? Hahaha, obrigado cara! Eu faço o jogo no meu tempo vago, mais como diversão e terapia (tenho TDAH), então é sempre um incentivo a mais ver que as pessoas gostam dele!

English:
Haha, yeah, we don't see many WEGs in pt-br (I think I saw only 2 so far).
And wow, Milfy City and Big Brother? Hahaha, thanks man! I work on this on my free time, it's kind of pass-time and therapy (I have ADHD), so it's always an encouragement to see people enjoying it!

bom saber, cara! acho que é o primeiro que eu vejo que é feito por alguém do Brasil então espero que dê bastante certo
Existem outros desenvolvedores que são brasileiros, eu só não sei se posso nomear eles aqui.

English:
There are other brazilian game devs, I just don't know if I can name them here.

More icons! Tonight a couple for The Inn:
View attachment 137448 View attachment 137449
Oh wow! Thanks! They're lovely!

Reactions: antonio96

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
so far so good..i do find it hilarious that all the characters seem japanese in appearance and he passes rice fields yet along comes linda mae all southern gal...i laughed..but its good
HAHA!!!..ok..now i laughed really hard there...

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
so far so good..i do find it hilarious that all the characters seem japanese in appearance and he passes rice fields yet along comes linda mae all southern gal...i laughed..but its good
HAHA!!!..ok..now i laughed really hard there...
Hahahaha, you can only go so far with Honey Select on the face department.

At what part you laughed really hard?

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes