Sep 8, 2021
I have to say it's nice to see so much interaction between a dev and their community. I feel like a lot of the time devs just pop in once every two weeks to answer a technical question or two, before disappearing into the null void. Or worse, they keep it radio silent. All this talking is a welcome change of pace.

I'm downloading the game as I type this, but from what I've seen, it looks pretty good. The renders n textures look fantastic fr.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I have to say it's nice to see so much interaction between a dev and their community. I feel like a lot of the time devs just pop in once every two weeks to answer a technical question or two, before disappearing into the null void. Or worse, they keep it radio silent. All this talking is a welcome change of pace.

I'm downloading the game as I type this, but from what I've seen, it looks pretty good. The renders n textures look fantastic fr.
I hope you enjoy the game!

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
RELEASE BANNER_06.png

THE INN 0.07.06 (BETA 6) RELEASE!

What's up people?

You know the drill by now, another month means another BETA!

This one comes with a new event for Joana!

As it was discussed on the last devlog, the reason for this update to have only one event is that it has a lot of information dump in the form of dialogue and also a LOT of animations. Really, this is one of the betas that has the most animations so far (22 in total) and, as I create all animations from scratch, they end up taking a good chunk of development time.

For this BETA I also reworked the Sex Screen introduced in Val's update. The main reason for it was that I received some complaints about having no dialogues during sex scenes. I never really paid much attention to them, so I guess I just overlooked that aspect at the time.

So, for this update, I went back and reworked the way the Sex Screen works so dialogue can be shown over it. I honestly really liked the end result, so much that I had to go back to and add flavor dialogues to all the sex scenes during Val's day! It's basically just silly sex banter, but they did add more depth to the animations.

I also created a new, small screen for the WIP message at the end of the update, so no more black screen with "You reached the end of content"!

Another thing I also did while I was working on the WIP screen was rework some bits of the credits screen, mainly the messages right before the credits. I broke down the single screen message into 3 separate screen, one of them exclusive to the names of all patrons from the INNkeeper tier and above as their numbers kept increasing and the old screen was running out of space for them (thank you so much, by the way!)

Oh yeah, I also updated Ren'py to the latest version (8.0) which uses Python 3 instead of Python 2 as for it's code. That required me to go back and check some of my code to make sure everything still worked the way it should.

Anyway, here's a proper changelog:

• Continuation of the events for Joana's update
  • One new event.
  • Reworked Sex Screen
  • Revisited all sex scenes for Val's day and added dialogue to them
  • Revisited Starcucks scene during Val's day
  • Updated Ren'py to version 8.0 (Python 3)
  • Reworked bits of the code to accommodate Python 3 changes
  • Reworked the Credits Screen
  • Created/Reworked a WIP Screen
You can download this BETA on the !

The public update will be released on Monday (07/04/2022).

Have fun!

ljz781212

May 26, 2018
View attachment 1900910

THE INN 0.07.06 (BETA 6) RELEASE!

What's up people?

You know the drill by now, another month means another BETA!

This one comes with a new event for Joana!

As it was discussed on the last devlog, the reason for this update to have only one event is that it has a lot of information dump in the form of dialogue and also a LOT of animations. Really, this is one of the betas that has the most animations so far (22 in total) and, as I create all animations from scratch, they end up taking a good chunk of development time.

For this BETA I also reworked the Sex Screen introduced in Val's update. The main reason for it was that I received some complaints about having no dialogues during sex scenes. I never really paid much attention to them, so I guess I just overlooked that aspect at the time.

So, for this update, I went back and reworked the way the Sex Screen works so dialogue can be shown over it. I honestly really liked the end result, so much that I had to go back to and add flavor dialogues to all the sex scenes during Val's day! It's basically just silly sex banter, but they did add more depth to the animations.

I also created a new, small screen for the WIP message at the end of the update, so no more black screen with "You reached the end of content"!

Another thing I also did while I was working on the WIP screen was rework some bits of the credits screen, mainly the messages right before the credits. I broke down the single screen message into 3 separate screen, one of them exclusive to the names of all patrons from the INNkeeper tier and above as their numbers kept increasing and the old screen was running out of space for them (thank you so much, by the way!)

Oh yeah, I also updated Ren'py to the latest version (8.0) which uses Python 3 instead of Python 2 as for it's code. That required me to go back and check some of my code to make sure everything still worked the way it should.

Anyway, here's a proper changelog:

• Continuation of the events for Joana's update
  • One new event.
  • Reworked Sex Screen
  • Revisited all sex scenes for Val's day and added dialogue to them
  • Revisited Starcucks scene during Val's day
  • Updated Ren'py to version 8.0 (Python 3)
  • Reworked bits of the code to accommodate Python 3 changes
  • Reworked the Credits Screen
  • Created/Reworked a WIP Screen
You can download this BETA on the !

The public update will be released on Monday (07/04/2022).

Have fun!
What's your plan? Is it possible to get the sex scenes with Joana after ver.7 been finished? :p

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
BETA3_BANNER.png

THE INN 0.07.03 (BETA 3) PUBLIC RELEASE!

And here's the public release of 0.07.03!

This BETA was released back in April for INNitiate and above patrons!

As said in the original post:

This is the third BETA for 0.07 and comes with 3 new events!
In this update you will chat with Joana and tell her about your plans for the day.
This BETA also comes with a cameo from another game, I won't tell which game so it won't ruin the surprise.

I have also tried new technologies on this beta, mostly on the animation department, like new ways to move the camera smoothly... er (is that even a word?).

You can download it at the
!

The OP was updated with links for it too, I'm just waiting for a moderator to create mirrors and promote the thread!

Bse

Aug 1, 2019
Be carefull with The P site. Some dont get money ( like a Dl server) so stay on gard there. Some say there hold back a lot of money and take it. So be carefull.

DovahAl-Valkyrie

Feb 15, 2022
Idk if i'm missing something/doing something wrong (Which is very plausible cuz i am a dense prick at the best of times) but i'm basically stuck at the night after v0.06. No events popping up but i also cant go to sleep to go play the new beta

This is with both the TOTALLY UNOFFICIAL patch installed and not installed

Reactions: Lykanz

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Idk if i'm missing something/doing something wrong (Which is very plausible cuz i am a dense prick at the best of times) but i'm basically stuck at the night after v0.06. No events popping up but i also cant go to sleep to go play the new beta

This is with both the TOTALLY UNOFFICIAL patch installed and not installed
This is a recurring bug that I was never able to fix.

Most of the time it gets fixed if you go back a few saves to at least before you get back to Joana's house.

Reactions: Een Vieze Vent

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
I tried to restart this game from the beginning, but it's not exactly one of those games you would really want to start from scratch from. I really liked the concept and stuff. But with the huge development breaks, or big gaps between update releases, it meant that basically I played a whole load of other games and completely forgot about this game, well not completely forgot, but mostly what I had done in the game. Not really so thrilled about the stupid girl bikini thing whats with that? anyway, I am going to give it another shot at trying from the start again now there is another update. Regardless, great game and good luck to the dev!

Reactions: Lykanz
4.10 star(s) 102 Votes