imadumb

Dev of Rikugun Shikan Gakkõ
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
1667583274691.png
yeah, definitely brazilian e.e :3 first time i saw someone froom my country making novels, kinda happy here :3

• Haha
Reactions: Lykanz

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
Come back in a decade or so, maybe there'll be enough content to keep you entertained for a few minutes.
You act like that's a joke, but the speed you're developing this I wouldn't be surprised. Your original post is from 2018. That's 4 years and you aren't even past the beginning of the story, you haven't even got to renovating the building... or to even a hint as to why it's called "The Inn". So, I don't see what's funny.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
You act like that's a joke, but the speed you're developing this I wouldn't be surprised. Your original post is from 2018. That's 4 years and you aren't even past the beginning of the story, you haven't even got to renovating the building... or to even a hint as to why it's called "The Inn". So, I don't see what's funny.
Anything else I haven't read from the 100th time?

Good to see you know how to do math tho.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
It's also telling that you're still here bitching about it even tho you admited that didn't like the amount of content the game has for its age.

Just be like Elza and let it go, buddy.
Do you even get why? When you first released your game, I remember talking to you about how good it started out and how much potential I thought it had. I remember after the opening and the Linda part you did a holiday special and then immediately regretted doing it because you used characters you hadn't introduced yet. I remember you talking about remaking everything from the ground up and how much you had planned for the story.

And yet, here we are and all I see is useless animations that probably ate up a lot of time, characters over a static render during conversations, a flashy UI and barely any content past the opening you had 4 years ago. And what do you give off as a reaction to people wondering why there isn't more? Apathy.

All the shiny addons in the world don't make an incomplete game better. And a visual novel is a failure if there's no story progression.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Do you even get why? When you first released your game, I remember talking to you about how good it started out and how much potential I thought it had. I remember after the opening and the Linda part you did a holiday special and then immediately regretted doing it because you used characters you hadn't introduced yet. I remember you talking about remaking everything from the ground up and how much you had planned for the story.

And yet, here we are and all I see is useless animations that probably ate up a lot of time, characters over a static render during conversations, a flashy UI and barely any content past the opening you had 4 years ago. And what do you give off as a reaction to people wondering why there isn't more? Apathy.

All the shiny addons in the world don't make an incomplete game better. And a visual novel is a failure if there's no story progression.
sigh...

Fine...

If you want to know so much why the game has, as you say, so little content for the time it's being developed, I'll tell you.

This started out as a hobby, I did it to mostly to deal with ADHD and to keep my brain occupied.
I created a patreon page, at the time, just so my wife wouldn't nag me for spending my days playing with digital dolls for nothing.
Overtime it became more than a hobby and transitioned into an actual source of income.
As you said, you know everything that happened up to the halloween special update, yadda, yadda, yadda.
I decided to put the game through a complete rework of every aspect of it because the foundation I had didn't really worked with the vision I had for it.
At the time I was working as a public health agent, this was around when covid started being a bitch to, like, the entire world.
It was a job that sucked all my will to do anything else, I pretty much got home everyday and just wanted to sleep the rest of the day.
I wanted to work on my game, but physically and mentally couldn't, I had to literally force myself to work on it at least a bit every day so I wouldn't feel guitly about it.
Some time later I was diagnosed with depression and generalized anxiety, I had to take meds for that crap for over a year until I could function like a human being by myself again.
The only things that kept me sane during this time were my wife and working on my game.
I left the public job around 1,5/2 years ago (around the time development of Val's update started) and decided to start working on this game full time.
At the time I was earning with it the same money I did at my job.
Working on it full time was pretty rocky at the start, mostly because I had to adjust a lot of things and learn how to work at home, something I never did before.
Right now I have a pretty set schedule of monthly releases with a constant stream of content (little, as you said, but high quality).

I don't like talking about this crap because it always makes me feel like I'm a little bitch that's complaining how life was hard on him and how bad I had it.

I just preffer to dismiss idiotic stuff like what you said with a little sarcastic humour or, as some people say, politely telling people to fuck off.

All in all, if you like my game, feel free to play it. If you don't, I'm sure there's plenty of other games on this forum that'll fit your tastes and will have plenty of content.

Until then, kindly take your bitching somewhere else cuz I ain't got no need for that.

Last edited:

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
sigh...

Fine...

If you want to know so much why the game has, as you say, so little content for the time it's being developed, I'll tell you.

This started out as a hobby, I did it to mostly to deal with ADHD and to keep my brain occupied.
I created a patreon page, at the time, just so my wife wouldn't nag me for spending my days playing with digital dolls for nothing.
Overtime it became more than a hobby and transitioned into an actual source of income.
As you said, you know everything that happened up to the halloween special update, yadda, yadda, yadda.
I decided to put the game through a complete rework of every aspect of it because the foundation I had didn't really worked with the vision I had for it.
At the time I was working as a public health agent, this was around when covid started being a bitch to, like, the entire world.
It was a job that sucked all my will to do anything else, I pretty much got home everyday and just wanted to sleep the rest of the day.
I wanted to work on my game, but physically and mentally couldn't, I had to literally force myself to work on it at least a bit every day so I wouldn't feel guitly about it.
Some time later I was diagnosed with depression and generalized anxiety, I had to take meds for that crap for over a year until I could function like a human being by myself again.
The only things that kept me sane during this time were my wife and working on my game.
I left the public job around 1,5/2 years ago (around the time development of Val's update started) and decided to start working on this game full time.
At the time I was earning with it the same money I did at my job.
Working on it full time was pretty rocky at the start, mostly because I had to adjust a lot of things and learn how to work at home, something I never did before.
Right now I have a pretty set schedule of monthly releases with a constant stream of content (little, as you said, but high quality).

I don't like talking about this crap because it always makes me feel like I'm a little bitch that's complaining how life was hard on him and how bad I had it.

I just preffer to dismiss idiotic stuff like what you said with a little sarcastic humour or, as some people say, politely telling people to fuck off.

All in all, if you like my game, feel free to play it. If you don't, I'm sure there's plenty of other games on this forum that'll fit your tastes and will have plenty of content.

Until then, kindly take your bitching somewhere else cuz I ain't got no need for that.
It sucks that you have to explain in detail what is going on in your life because somebody isn't happy. It's like having small children. I also deal with depression and fully understand, some days its hard to even convince yourself to get out of bed. Also, I am learning all the Daz, Ren'Py, writing etc. to try and put together a game. Anyone who hasn't done it doesn't understand how freaking much time consuming work it can be. The cool kids will wait patiently for Linda the updates and a return to Linda the Inn and everything else. Personally, I'd say if your focus on the story has changed and you don't want to go back to the Inn - just have Linda move to the MC's home town and rename the game "The Inn-less" :ROFLMAO: Otherwise, we'll get back to Linda and the Inn when your story brings us.

....Now if you drop Linda, there'll be a fight! :mad:

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
It sucks that you have to explain in detail what is going on in your life because somebody isn't happy. It's like having small children. I also deal with depression and fully understand, some days its hard to even convince yourself to get out of bed. Also, I am learning all the Daz, Ren'Py, writing etc. to try and put together a game. Anyone who hasn't done it doesn't understand how freaking much time consuming work it can be. The cool kids will wait patiently for Linda the updates and a return to Linda the Inn and everything else. Personally, I'd say if your focus on the story has changed and you don't want to go back to the Inn - just have Linda move to the MC's home town and rename the game "The Inn-less" :ROFLMAO: Otherwise, we'll get back to Linda and the Inn when your story brings us.

....Now if you drop Linda, there'll be a fight! :mad:
It's not going on my life anymore, thankfully.
But man, it got so bad at a time that I even had a cognitive dissociation episode once and just had a blackout and started wandering the streets in my neighborhood barefoot, without any documents on me in the middle of the night. Gave my wife the scare of her life that day.

Anyway, don't worry. My vision of the story didn't change that much. I still plan on going back to Linda's and all that jazz, I just need to finish some characters' storylines first so I can properly take MC back there.

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
There's nothing wrong with letting a developer know that you believe certain elements of his project are superfluous and detracting from the core experience. That falls within the bounds of constructive criticism.

Your first post is constructive - somewhat, if look past the slight glibness at the end.

However, accusing them of treating their project as a joke after they reject your criticism is petulant and bad tempered. Especially when you recognize in your very own post that the aspects you feel are superfluous have a lot of effort behind them. This is going to sound absurd, but you simply don't spend two weeks painstakingly recreating and animating an Initial D meme because you're treating your project as a joke. Those that deign to support him do so because of those aspects. Furthermore, to go on to claim that the visual novel a developer is actively working on is a failure, because he's putting things he wants to see into it and receiving support for said things, is absurd. That's the very definition of a flourishing in my opinion. It can only be a failure if it dies or turns out shitty once it's complete.

Ultimately, Lykanz is making a free game. That doesn't mean he's above criticism, but it does make a damn good case for leaving your entitlement at the door when giving it.

FatYoda

Sep 12, 2017
First two girls were awesome. 5/5 game up til i had to date Joanna. Don't mean to sound critical, there's nothing wrong with it, we've all got preferences. I've just always hated the huge breasted submissive mother types. Not a huge fan of Luana's body type either obviously, but the cute sweet innocent thing i like so I'll like that portion well enough. Just felt like a slog for me the last couple updates with the mother. Sorry to hear about your problems, i understand completely. Been on depression and anti-anxiety meds for years. Shit is a bitch. Good luck with the game, glad you're able to earn a living off it so you can work on it full time. I'm REALLY looking forward to taking the girls back to the INN and continuing Linda's story. LOVE Red heads, love freckles, and LOVE country girls (storyline with her friend sounds super interesting too). If you're not thinking about tying in a flashback or two from her cheerleading days into the story somewhere you should. A nice G/G scene in a locker room after a cheer competition would be amazing. Love abs too so older sister and her sexy tattooed rival was hot as fuck. Nice how you tied the girl we saved back into the story too. She's a smokeshow, the tats under her boobs are awesome. I think so many people frustrations with the time it's taking are due to the fact that the game is so good and has so much potential. Impatience mixed with anticipation and expectations is a bad combination. I honestly came here to complain about it too, but I did some reading and saw what you're going through so I figured I do a tiny bit of complaining/(hopefully) constructive criticism while trying to be a little uplifting. Keep plugging away, solid work so far.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Lykanz

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Am i missing something? Scenes just say Pause/Play but nothing is happening
Just click anywhere on the screen or hit Enter so the dialogue can progress.

First two girls were awesome. 5/5 game up til i had to date Joanna. Don't mean to sound critical, there's nothing wrong with it, we've all got preferences. I've just always hated the huge breasted submissive mother types. Not a huge fan of Luana's body type either obviously, but the cute sweet innocent thing i like so I'll like that portion well enough. Just felt like a slog for me the last couple updates with the mother. Sorry to hear about your problems, i understand completely. Been on depression and anti-anxiety meds for years. Shit is a bitch. Good luck with the game, glad you're able to earn a living off it so you can work on it full time. I'm REALLY looking forward to taking the girls back to the INN and continuing Linda's story. LOVE Red heads, love freckles, and LOVE country girls (storyline with her friend sounds super interesting too). If you're not thinking about tying in a flashback or two from her cheerleading days into the story somewhere you should. A nice G/G scene in a locker room after a cheer competition would be amazing. Love abs too so older sister and her sexy tattooed rival was hot as fuck. Nice how you tied the girl we saved back into the story too. She's a smokeshow, the tats under her boobs are awesome. I think so many people frustrations with the time it's taking are due to the fact that the game is so good and has so much potential. Impatience mixed with anticipation and expectations is a bad combination. I honestly came here to complain about it too, but I did some reading and saw what you're going through so I figured I do a tiny bit of complaining/(hopefully) constructive criticism while trying to be a little uplifting. Keep plugging away, solid work so far.
Glad you enjoyed Val and Linda so far!
I'm sorry Joana didn't click for you tho.
But hey, not every girl can be a hit with everyone, right? That's fine.

And yeah, I do some ideas for Linda's cheerleading stuff.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Just click anywhere on the screen or hit Enter so the dialogue can progress.

Glad you enjoyed Val and Linda so far!
I'm sorry Joana didn't click for you tho.
But hey, not every girl can be a hit with everyone, right? That's fine.

And yeah, I do some ideas for Linda's cheerleading stuff.
I don't "hate" Joanna, I'm just not attracted to her at all. You could write a whole universe around Linda and Val as far as I'm concerned! ;) and Val's friend in the threeeway (too much bourbon has affected my memory)

I'm sure lots of people love Joanna (not that you'd ditch her for a couple of people bitching anyway :ROFLMAO:) but the others are more my preference as if any of us but Lykanz gets a vote anyway :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: FatYoda

FatYoda

Sep 12, 2017
I don't "hate" Joanna, I'm just not attracted to her at all. You could write a whole universe around Linda and Val as far as I'm concerned! ;) and Val's friend in the threeeway (too much bourbon has affected my memory)

I'm sure lots of people love Joanna (not that you'd ditch her for a couple of people bitching anyway :ROFLMAO:) but the others are more my preference as if any of us but Lykanz gets a vote anyway :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
This is me too. She's a sweet lady, I just don't wanna fuck her. I tried to avoid any responses that would increase lust and just go with affection, but no luck. I wish I could just be a son, and be uplifting, hell maybe even set her up with a nice man who'd treat her the way the douchebag father should have.

Reactions: HogRocket
4.10 star(s) 101 Votes