Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Bøb69

As weird as that may sound, that mess of folders is how I can easilly find stuff during development.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
why there's to many such render this days looks shit
are they lazy to make good render instead of using a game

View attachment 2536805
Bruh...

Render quality? Really?
The renders and animations in this game are excellent.
And even if they weren't it's still a good story.

Have fun and makes sure the door hits you on your way out... :KEK:

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
I've seen worse....and I've game across a lot compressing them. Lots of files though 12,820 webp's and 403 webm's :whistle:
As long as they are all in one folder, idc. The program does the comparing.
Or if its not packed into a rpa. Then I can just compare the folder change dates. But else I have to go into every one o_O

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
As long as they are all in one folder, idc. The program does the comparing.
Or if its not packed into a rpa. Then I can just compare the folder change dates. But else I have to go into every one o_O
I have a python script I created a long time ago that compares files between two versions of the same game and collects all of the difference to a folder, it doesn't keep folder structure tho.

I guess with a bit of tinkering it could be modified to check the files MD5 and keep file structure...

That could be used to easilly make patches, I guess.

I'm not touching that script anytime soon tho.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bob69

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
The thing about making patches is that, let's be brutally honest, a good chunk of the userbase is one step away from being medically considered braindead and will, probably, fuck up the patch instalation somehow and then blame the dev or patch creator for it.

One of the rules of programing is to never trust the end user's judgement.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
I have a python script I created a long time ago that compares files between two versions of the same game and collects all of the difference to a folder, it doesn't keep folder structure tho.

I guess with a bit of tinkering it could be modified to check the files MD5 and keep file structure...

That could be used to easilly make patches, I guess.

I'm not touching that script anytime soon tho.
Not a HACKERMANS so could only use it if it works anyways :ROFLMAO:
The thing about making patches is that, let's be brutally honest, a good chunk of the userbase is one step away from being medically considered braindead and will, probably, fuck up the patch instalation somehow and then blame the dev or patch creator for it.

Yeah that's true, but no complains yet. Would be nice if I knew a bit more about python, but am to lazy to learn.
Me just compare 2 numbers :coffee:

• Haha
Reactions: Lykanz

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022

Since I got my new net (and my other net), I rarely keep games anymore. And yeah, patches are not for most people here, as most don't' keep them. It's good for folks with bad internet or caps, and they may keep a lot of their games, at the same time those folks are probably getting the compressed versions.

Reactions: Lykanz

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Since I got my new net (and my other net), I rarely keep games anymore. And yeah, patches are not for most people here, as most don't' keep them. It's good for folks with bad internet or caps, and they may keep a lot of their games, at the same time those folks are probably getting the compressed versions.
exactly-yes.gif

• Haha
Reactions: SonsOfLiberty
Feb 22, 2019
Bruh...

Render quality? Really?
The renders and animations in this game are excellent.
And even if they weren't it's still a good story.

Have fun and makes sure the door hits you on your way out... :KEK:
Well... I'm plenty sure you can find a load of other games that'll fit your taste better.

In short, don't like it, take a hike.
i wasn't going to reply , but since my comment has been deleted, now i wonder how many replies has been deleted .
i said my opinion u like it or not u should not delete it

RSRG.JPG

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I'm the opposite. There's a reason I have an 8TB internal and a 12TB external.

Reactions: SlaveStates

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I have a 300GB SSD, a 4TB SSD, 2 x 5TB External HDD's, a 2 x 4 TB External HDD's, I still delete stuff constantly :whistle:
It's not that I don't delete stuff, I just keep the games I play's Current and -1 versions (until they're finished, then I just keep current + any mods) I do need to start deleting stuff I decided I'm not going to play though ...

Reactions: SonsOfLiberty

blastwave2k

Jun 23, 2017
or never underestimate their ability to do something so stupid that there's no way you could've planned for it. :)

"ok. so let me get this straight. if you use the wall climb relic, climb up UNDER the bridge, on top of the strut directly in the center, then call your mount, it appears as its supposed to, but takes you AND the bridge for a ride? whelp. yea. guess that was a programming oversight..."

4.10 star(s) 101 Votes