Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
So apparently the illusion company announced end of their activities:

View attachment 2769473
Unexpected but not surprising.

They've been stuck on their 90s business model.

I guess that's what you get when you make a game solely about rape and the western media gets wind of it, lmao.

Jeycii_

Sep 18, 2022
They made Honey Select ... one of the sources for art/animation for a lot of AVNs on here.
oh did they make HS 2 also then? i tried reading stuff about them just now, like they have been there for many years but got forgotten somewhat

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
oh did they make HS 2 also then? i tried reading stuff about them just now, like they have been there for many years but got forgotten somewhat
They made the games that pretty much all the devs from all the games in your signature (except milfy city) use to create images for their games.

And I just used the word "games" 3 times in the same sentence.

Engles es harde señor.

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer and Keko!

Jeycii_

Sep 18, 2022
They made the games that pretty much all the devs from all the games in your signature (except milfy city) use to create images for their games.

Engles es harde señor.
holy shit, does that mark the end of all of us then? D:

it is indeed senôr

Engles es harde señor.
ah thanks for reminding me, i wanted to add your game too, looks like i missed yours

Jeycii_

Sep 18, 2022
I don't see why that woul affect us.

It's not like their games will automatically delete themselves off our hard drives as soon as the company ceases operations.
mhh, makes sense yea. im just worried that the gamemaker programs were dependent online service or anything

Mod Leaner

Dec 1, 2019
like they have been there for many years but got forgotten somewhat
What're you talking about, they never got forgotten (from Asia at least, I don't know much about the Western). Illusion is the biggest and famous company that make 3D game (when I said game, I mean it actually have gameplay, not just some visual novel click&read or some click&watch animation).
Just look at the wiki you can see how many game they made.
Though their game so expensive and most people (include me) refer pirated instead, their gameplay not really have any new after years so it's bored, I guess they can't make profit anymore and decide to quit.
I was looking for their next studio probably work with something like Unreal Engine 5, unfortunately...

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I don't see why that woul affect us.

It's not like their games will automatically delete themselves off our hard drives as soon as the company ceases operations.
The concern I'm seeing is if Illusion sells the IP to someone who chooses to aggressively pursue people who are using it to make money in AVNs.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
The concern I'm seeing is if Illusion sells the IP to someone who chooses to aggressively pursue people who are using it to make money in AVNs.
This possibility always existed and always will exist, even before Illusion ran out of business.

If it comes to that, well...
We'll have to count our losses and move on.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
It's not like if they do that, people will suddenly start buying their games but companies are dumb like that and that is definitely something I could see happening.

ViperGts151

You don’t like me? Fine. Don’t waste my time then.
Donor
Jan 15, 2018

What's up everyone?
July has been a very busy month for The Inn's development.
As BETA 8 is the last BETA on Luana's update, I have a lot to finish and a lot of loose ends to close.
Depending on your choices during playthrough you'll be able to play a different number of events:
  • 1 event by default
  • 1 extra event if you accepted Luana's confession
  • 1 extra event if you still have a movie night left to do with the girls and choose to do it during the SMS talk with them.
I will start working on the full release of 0.08 (AKA Luana's update), as soon as I'm done with BETA 8.
As it has been the norm for all other updates, the Full Release is also known as the polishing and tweaking update, and marks the end of the development cycle for that update. It's supposed to wrap up everything that was done in the update, get rid of all the bugs and issues that may have appeared during it and add ideas that I either had during development or players pointed out.
So far what I have planned for it is:
  • Revisiting of Joana and Val's updates to make all sexual interactions in them completely optional
  • Add a toggleable option to the Options Menu to disable the pop-up notifications that show up when something in the game happens (stats gain, events started/finished, sms received, a new song starts playing, etc)
  • Revisit the galleries (pin-up, replay and commissions) and add an alternate viewing mode by categories instead of a scrollable viewport
I want to be done with it as soon as possible so I can get on to working on 0.09 which will be Chapter 1's epilogue and will consist of one single event that'll close this portion of the game.
So yeah... I hope you guys enjoy this update and don't forget to check the
Have fun!

Jan 14, 2023
is there a mod that removes all the 'writer interjections'? all the dialogue with the memeface guy?

Yes, you learn how to open a folder on your PC and just view the images and stop being a passive-aggressive dick.[1]

[1] I don't currently have "The Inn" installed as it's quite large & waiting on v0.9 so this is an example. I do have a save file stashed, however.

p.s.

Lykanz ~ while I know you'd much prefer people sub to the patreon ( --- only $5!) please prod the uploaders to make a GOFILE version available, it's by far the most friendly d/l host people use on here, esp. for larger games like yours. Good luck on the next update, awaiting it with positive vibes. (...can we get a "cat transforms into catgirl femdom" thing going? Might need to infiltrate the Patreon and start botting the voting to get it done).

Last edited:

bhruic

Jul 13, 2022
Yes, you learn how to open a folder on your PC and just view the images and stop being a passive-aggressive dick.[1]
ironic that if you ask to skip any other fetish scenes no one bats an eye, but you ask for a mod to skip 4th-wall-breaks, people take it personally

Reactions: peva1

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
ironic that if you ask to skip any other fetish scenes no one bats an eye, but you ask for a mod to skip 4th-wall-breaks, people take it personally
Because you're basically asking the dev to make a separate game for you that wouldn't interest them.

The fourth-wall breaks, the tighty-whity avatar and the over-the-moon jokes are the core of the dev's style, so you're basically saying "I like your game, I want to play it, but stop making it how you like it and make it how I'll like it."

Reactions: Dragon59
4.10 star(s) 101 Votes