Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I had a problem with the game not letting me make new saves, but it had no problem opening the old saves. I'm downloading a fresh copy to see if it was a corrupted download. The worst case is I may have to start a fresh game, but with this game I do not mind that at all.

This is one of those games for which I always keep an eye out. The renders have improved, but then I never had a problem with the original renders. The story is still excellent, and I am guessing that we should see new content in one or two more releases. The interface though, that is just amazing, you really are taking that to a whole new level. Excellent work.

Just two final comments:
1) Linda+freckles=too damned cute.
2) The look mom gets when she sees that SUV both times could curdle milk. Don't mess with momma bear!
How was you not able to make new saves? Did nothing happen when you pressed the "Save" button?

Ghostdanser

Jul 12, 2017
How was you not able to make new saves? Did nothing happen when you pressed the "Save" button?
I would hit save, it would pop up the change name of the save screen, after changing the name (to 0007) I would hit enter and it pulled up an error screen. I think it was something like futa_on_girl not enabled. Then I could rollback or ignore. Rollback put me back before I went to save game. Ignore went back to the game without creating a save. Also tried to QuickSave with no luck.

I'm not at my home computer, so I can't send the error log.

No biggie though, like I said, worst case scenario is play it again from scratch.

Reactions: Lykanz

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I would hit save, it would pop up the change name of the save screen, after changing the name (to 0007) I would hit enter and it pulled up an error screen. I think it was something like futa_on_girl not enabled. Then I could rollback or ignore. Rollback put me back before I went to save game. Ignore went back to the game without creating a save. Also tried to QuickSave with no luck.

I'm not at my home computer, so I can't send the error log.

No biggie though, like I said, worst case scenario is play it again from scratch.
Hmm... It seems to be something with the save metadata... I'll take a look at it tomorrow and see if I can replicate the error. Did that happen every time you went to save?

Could you try to replicate it and send me the traceback? I couldn't reproduce the error on my end so I'll really need to have your traceback to know what's happening.

Also, the saves you're able to load are from which version? The Beta 4 released for patrons or Beta 3?

Does the issue happen even on a completely fresh game?

Last edited:

Ghostdanser

Jul 12, 2017
Hmm... It seems to be something with the save metadata... I'll take a look at it tomorrow and see if I can replicate the error. Did that happen every time you went to save?

Could you try to replicate it and send me the traceback? I couldn't reproduce the error on my end so I'll really need to have your traceback to know what's happening.

Also, the saves you're able to load are from which version? The Beta 4 released for patrons or Beta 3?

Does the issue happen even on a completely fresh game?
I'm pretty sure I can replicate it, but it will be tomorrow morning. I will save the traceback and post it.

I did not try a fresh game yet.

The saves I was using were from the last version posted here, I think it was August, and that was a from scratch play through if I remember right.

It did happen every time I attempted to save, which was probably 8 or 9 times. I tried different save slots on different pages as well as trying to get it to Quick Save, all giving the same error.

And I just have to say I really appreciate your diligence, especially since it seems I'm the only one experiencing that problem.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
The saves I was using were from the last version posted here, I think it was August
Ohh... That may be the problem...

The saves you're trying to load are from Beta 3. IIRC Beta 3 didn't had the "girl_on_futa_enabled" variable set yet (among many other things).

That's why it's said on the first post that saves from Beta 3 aren't compatible, they'll give all kinds of weird error and behaviour.

Also, thanks for your words, haha. I'm creating the game, so the least I can do is make sure it works fine for everyone.

:KEK:

Ghostdanser

Jul 12, 2017
The saves you're trying to load are from Beta 3. IIRC Beta 3 didn't had the "girl_on_futa_enabled" variable set yet (among many other things).

That's why it's said on the first post that saves from Beta 3 aren't compatible, they'll give all kinds of weird error and behaviour.
Well then, a fresh game seems to be the solution. I'll post a traceback if that doesn't fix it. Thank you!

M'95

May 17, 2019
Neither do I. All I said is that I was impressed. And that I hoped we are heading into a brave new world were patches are just empty text files. And that's it.

Uh huh. Yep.
I'ts cool, I was trying to help you and your response seemed to me like you were being sarcastic, it must be language barrier or something :) peace.

SojuThree

May 8, 2018
I'ts cool, I was trying to help you and your response seemed to me like you were being sarcastic, it must be language barrier or something :) peace.
Ah. I'm an English teacher and I know how hard that can be.

But thanks. I didn't need any help.

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
it was nice to play this again and refresh my memories. I had no problems with errors or saving game (beta 4 fix 1). I found one typo though, before MC leaves for the funeral:
Linda Mae
Nah.. it'll be an intimate thang -> thing

Linda sure had perfect attitude. I'm eagerly waiting to see how story continues. Although I hope that dealing with those criminals in the city will be kept at minimum and story will focus into relationships with the women instead.

My guesses on how story continues:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm sorry to say that none of the girls in the game are attractive. Usually I'm into cute slender blondes. Linda has nice body but I don't like freckles and face is average. Valentina, nice but not quite. Laura would be quite nice is she wasn't bit plump. I love ponytail and face was cute too. But there was one in the gallery that I'd like very much to see more...

blonde.jpg

Please Lykanz, give this hottie bigger role.

Ghostdanser

Jul 12, 2017
I found one typo though, before MC leaves for the funeral:
Linda Mae
I'll take a stab at this one...Linda Mae is a country girl. "Thang" is the way she phonetically pronounces "thing". Like saying goin' instead of going. It's just her accent.

Last edited:

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
When is the next update coming man I'm really waiting for it could you let me in on the date of release
I honestly don't know man. I never set ETAs because my real life schedule can sometimes be fucky and I don't want to set expectations that I may not follow through.

it was nice to play this again and refresh my memories. I had no problems with errors or saving game (beta 4 fix 1). I found one typo though, before MC leaves for the funeral:
Linda Mae

Linda sure had perfect attitude. I'm eagerly waiting to see how story continues. Although I hope that dealing with those criminals in the city will be kept at minimum and story will focus into relationships with the women instead.

My guesses on how story continues:

I'm sorry to say that none of the girls in the game are attractive. Usually I'm into cute slender blondes. Linda has nice body but I don't like freckles and face is average. Valentina, nice but not quite. Laura would be quite nice is she wasn't bit plump. I love ponytail and face was cute too. But there was one in the gallery that I'd like very much to see more...

View attachment 460858

Please Lykanz, give this hottie bigger role.

I'm sorry to hear that you don't find the girls attractive, but hey, that's fine, everyone has their own tastes! I'm not much of a slender girls kind of guy, so yeah... I guess that reflects on the girls I create.

And the blondie in the pic is Linda's sister, she will have a role in future updates, yeah.

I'll take a stab at this one...Linda Mae is a country girl. "Thang" is the way she phonetically pronounces "thing". Like saying goin' instead of going. It's just her accent.
That's exactly it.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Since you neglected to mention the "something's not quite right" part about Linda we're being left to our own imaginations to figure it out.

Seriously though, I hope she doesn't end up being a cannibal or something. Considering how much she can eat we'll be running out of victims inside of a week.

gunzen

Oct 23, 2017
Right! First impressions.

The game up to this point could have progressed much farther had the slapstick been removed. You could have done without the author inserting himself into the scipt. The prelude to a barfight scene could have been shortened. The dialogue for that one was longer than necessary. Again, too much comedy. The scenes along the highway with the Trueno and rice paddies could have been shortened too. You've tried to copy the effects of a camera flashing forward as it focuses. You waste too many renders on those.

You've tried to totally imitate cinematography which have been favored by directors like, Quentin Tarantino. Cool effects, but beacause of the number of renders you have to do to imitate the visual effect, you probably wasted 50% of your time, where you could have used that additional time to get further in the game.

This is written from my point of view, of course. I have no doubt that you disagree with it.

Furthermore, I suggest you study High Rise Climb by Smokeydots. In his latter releases, he perfected graphics, especially animations, as much as he could. Realistic renders, good and realistic animation, great story line. The only thing I have against it is that it is too overcrowded with girls.

The positives I see here are the Inn itself. The potential for developing it is immense. Also, won't have to grind for the cash because that has already been provided by a dying man.

At any rate, thank you for creating, and sharing this game with us. I will be one of those waiting for more updates... But not too long.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
I want to make it clear I'm not bashing your review. I don't agree with some of it of course, but good, well thought out constructive criticism can only help Lykanz in the long run, even if he doesn't change anything.

That said :

Again, too much comedy
Capture.PNG
You Retarded 2.jpg

Is it actually possible to have too much comedy? You're basically saying "I enjoyed myself too much". I mean, if you don't find the jokes funny that's different, but as long as they made you at least smile they were worth putting in, and I'm pretty sure all of them had at least 1 person that liked them.

I'm also not sure how much benefit could be gained by studying High Rise Climb since it doesn't use the same model program (this is coming from someone who knows jack about game building btw).

I wish there was more content too, but that's because I'm a greedy fucker. Lykanz is working at his own pace and creating the game he envisioned, and I've enjoyed all of it so far.

gunzen

Oct 23, 2017
I don't mind at all.

Just that in these games, it's the rendering that really takes time. Hours even, if your PC isn't optimized for video. And jf you only have that one single PC, you'd like to do something else aside from rendering all day. Coupled that with Lykanz's post that he actually has a real life, and most of his priorities are wit it, then his approach to developing this game is more of hobby, than a professional developer. It's why I've tried emphasis on efficiency, because, the tmes that he will be working on the game won't be the same rate as other pro dev.

Lykanz, it's not a criticism. It's a reality for you, and we who like your game, will have to deal with. So yeah, not a criticism, just telling Unoriginal, and others, that your not pro dev, and therefore your rate of releasing is a hell lot slower. Again, that's our problem to deal with.

And all of this leads me to my point. I know that the releases for this game will be slow. I'm wlling to wait. So, just make it worth the wait. More story and development.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Since you neglected to mention the "something's not quite right" part about Linda we're being left to our own imaginations to figure it out.

Seriously though, I hope she doesn't end up being a cannibal or something. Considering how much she can eat we'll be running out of victims inside of a week.
Haha, nah man, nothing like that. There will be a kind of a plot twist for Linda Mae down the road, but nothing like that. It's kind of cliché tbh and, if you take some stuff into consideration it's pretty easy to figure out.

Also, don't worry, it's nothing related to NTR, lmao!

This game is nearly 2 years in development and have not even half the content of summertime saga a game that is completely handdrawn by one artist and not using theklub17 models
Uhhh... I'm sorry?

View attachment 461146

Lykanz I swear this thread is the perfect place for meme gifs, each new day brings another bright person so I can use them.
I know right?

Right! First impressions.

The game up to this point could have progressed much farther had the slapstick been removed. You could have done without the author inserting himself into the scipt. The prelude to a barfight scene could have been shortened. The dialogue for that one was longer than necessary. Again, too much comedy. The scenes along the highway with the Trueno and rice paddies could have been shortened too. You've tried to copy the effects of a camera flashing forward as it focuses. You waste too many renders on those.

You've tried to totally imitate cinematography which have been favored by directors like, Quentin Tarantino. Cool effects, but beacause of the number of renders you have to do to imitate the visual effect, you probably wasted 50% of your time, where you could have used that additional time to get further in the game.

This is written from my point of view, of course. I have no doubt that you disagree with it.

Furthermore, I suggest you study High Rise Climb by Smokeydots. In his latter releases, he perfected graphics, especially animations, as much as he could. Realistic renders, good and realistic animation, great story line. The only thing I have against it is that it is too overcrowded with girls.

The positives I see here are the Inn itself. The potential for developing it is immense. Also, won't have to grind for the cash because that has already been provided by a dying man.

At any rate, thank you for creating, and sharing this game with us. I will be one of those waiting for more updates... But not too long.
To be brutally honest with you, I wouldn't be creating this game if I had to short out some stuff, cheap out on the humour and stuff like that just for the sake of progressing faster with the story.

I understand your criticism and I welcome it, but it's just not the way I work.

I want to make it clear I'm not bashing your review. I don't agree with some of it of course, but good, well thought out constructive criticism can only help Lykanz in the long run, even if he doesn't change anything.

That said :

View attachment 461203
View attachment 461204

Is it actually possible to have too much comedy? You're basically saying "I enjoyed myself too much". I mean, if you don't find the jokes funny that's different, but as long as they made you at least smile they were worth putting in, and I'm pretty sure all of them had at least 1 person that liked them.

I'm also not sure how much benefit could be gained by studying High Rise Climb since it doesn't use the same model program (this is coming from someone who knows jack about game building btw).

I wish there was more content too, but that's because I'm a greedy fucker. Lykanz is working at his own pace and creating the game he envisioned, and I've enjoyed all of it so far.
Thank you for your words!

I don't mind at all.

Just that in these games, it's the rendering that really takes time. Hours even, if your PC isn't optimized for video. And jf you only have that one single PC, you'd like to do something else aside from rendering all day. Coupled that with Lykanz's post that he actually has a real life, and most of his priorities are wit it, then his approach to developing this game is more of hobby, than a professional developer. It's why I've tried emphasis on efficiency, because, the tmes that he will be working on the game won't be the same rate as other pro dev.

Lykanz, it's not a criticism. It's a reality for you, and we who like your game, will have to deal with. So yeah, not a criticism, just telling Unoriginal, and others, that your not pro dev, and therefore your rate of releasing is a hell lot slower. Again, that's our problem to deal with.

And all of this leads me to my point. I know that the releases for this game will be slow. I'm wlling to wait. So, just make it worth the wait. More story and development.
My point exactly, haha. This project is something I do as a hobby, I've always made that pretty clear. That's one of the reasons I don't promote it as much as other devs do.

It's something I started out to help me deal with ADHD, the patreon come as an incentive for me to continue working on it and for my wife not going ballistic on me like "You spend too much time on this silly game and isn't get anything in return!"...

So yeah... I'm definitely not a pro dev.

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes