Spawn420

Oct 24, 2018
I got up to day10 movie night without any errors then got an error while trying out the other paths with Vals popcorn...
downloaded the hotfix and noticed it has files for other days as well..
was there some content I missed due to a bug?

Reactions: Lykanz

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I got up to day10 movie night without any errors then got an error while trying out the other paths with Vals popcorn...
downloaded the hotfix and noticed it has files for other days as well..
was there some content I missed due to a bug?
Not really.

Reactions: Spawn420

Wilown

Sep 28, 2017
I was interested then I saw this :
It's the first update that brings new content to the game since November 2018 and the dreaded Halloween Special. Sorry for the long drought.
2018 ? That's some world record I believe.

• Thinking Face

combige

Jun 30, 2017
Tried compressed version yesterday. Great update, I wanna say! Very nice writing, big work in graphic scenes, brasilian memes (and russian comedy, who would expect?), atmosphere is very well done. There are some things that caught my attention, like over-arrogant pose of MC while having delicate talk with Juana and bugged game with Luana, but it didn't affect my great time too much. Thanks, Lykanz, good job!

Cruxiz

Jun 23, 2017
Hi Lykanz,

I like a lot about the new game but as an old sub I do have to say it's also a bit too crowded with text and GUI icons. A lot of text do not seem to fit in their boxes or are fairly big sized.

Also the meme in the save section, I am in no position to ask for anything but I'd like to have it removed or able to disable it. Could do it myself but there are 2 reasons for it:
1) It pops up a lot of times for every new save you're about to make which seems unnecessary
2) It takes out the game's immersion from 3DCG to a meme/real life picture, and does not match the colour patterns (it's hugely different in color saturation so to say).

Are my 2 cents.

I love it so far, so my compliments. I'll sub probably again, some more bugfixing is required though. It appears the phone screens are the most buggy.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Android version please
Eventually, I just gotta figure out why it refuses to even work on android.

Gonna take a look at that, thanks.

First playtrough here..
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Glad you enjoyed it!

Hi Lykanz,

I like a lot about the new game but as an old sub I do have to say it's also a bit too crowded with text and GUI icons. A lot of text do not seem to fit in their boxes or are fairly big sized.

Also the meme in the save section, I am in no position to ask for anything but I'd like to have it removed or able to disable it. Could do it myself but there are 2 reasons for it:
1) It pops up a lot of times for every new save you're about to make which seems unnecessary
2) It takes out the game's immersion from 3DCG to a meme/real life picture, and does not match the colour patterns (it's hugely different in color saturation so to say).

Are my 2 cents.

I love it so far, so my compliments. I'll sub probably again, some more bugfixing is required though. It appears the phone screens are the most buggy.
I think most, if not all, of the bugs in the phone screen have been fixed by now. Make sure you're using the Hotfix 5 and, if you still come across any bugs, report them to me.

About the save screen thingy, I'll see what I can do about it.

Reactions: erg1986 and Tkoyama

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
UselessSphinx what's the error you're getting though? Maybe it was already fixed on one of the hotfixes. Make sure you have the latest hotfix (you can find it on the OP) and, if the error still persists, send me either log, a screenshot or a save file right before it so I can fix it.

Reactions: UselessSphinx

JeffisZac

Apr 1, 2019
I added the hotfix to the game folder and it won't even start the game as it has 2 of everything in the folder, what exactly am i doing wrong?

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I added the hotfix to the game folder and it won't even start the game as it has 2 of everything in the folder, what exactly am i doing wrong?
It seems that this will happen randomly to some people... Try starting it again and if it doesn't work, go through the folders and delete all the files with the ".rpyc" extension, then try again.

JeffisZac

Apr 1, 2019
It seems that this will happen randomly to some people... Try starting it again and if it doesn't work, go through the folders and delete all the files with the ".rpyc" extension, then try again.
i just saw that there is a hotfix 5 instead of 4 so i will try that instead

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Also, try deleting the game's folder, extracting it again and applying hotfix 5 to a "clean" game. Don't worry about losing your saves as they're stored somewhere else.

JeffisZac

Apr 1, 2019
I deleted all rpyc files and got this error

While running game code:
File "game/hotfix5/phone/phone-shop-stores.rpy", line 1, in script
init python:
File "game/hotfix5/phone/phone-shop-stores.rpy", line 35, in <module>
"clothes" : [_("Clothes"), clothes_list],
NameError: name 'clothes_list' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
init python:
File "D:\15647NeonBand.RarZipExtractorPro_g3b9h1p9bdemw!App\Rar Zip Extractor Pro\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "D:\15647NeonBand.RarZipExtractorPro_g3b9h1p9bdemw!App\Rar Zip Extractor Pro\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
For the people who the game refuses to even start, a friend pointed out something:

If they're using Windows 10, it has a nasty habit of marking some files "unsafe" after security updates. Have them right-click and go to properties on the executable for the game... if it was marked unsafe, there will be a block/unblock (checkbox) option in there.

I dunno if that's the issue, but it's worth a shot to check if that's the case for you guys.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I deleted all rpyc files and got this error

While running game code:
init python:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
init python:
File "D:\15647NeonBand.RarZipExtractorPro_g3b9h1p9bdemw!App\Rar Zip Extractor Pro\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "D:\15647NeonBand.RarZipExtractorPro_g3b9h1p9bdemw!App\Rar Zip Extractor Pro\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
Oh, I see what your problem is... You shouldn't extract the files inside a folder named "hotfix5"...

You may be using that menu uption of "Extract to hotfix5/" that winrar has, or either creating a new folder before extracting the files. You shouldn't do that.

You should only extract the folders that are inside the rar file. So inside the folder named "game" you'll have a folder named "day09", one named "phone" and one named "images".

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes