Ld.Pentaghast

Sep 1, 2017
Oh Lykanz, how I missed thee...

The models and animations are still phenomenal [is it Honey Select or Play Home?]. But the writing, man, it is out of this world! Out of all the games I´ve downloaded from F95zone, this is the one that I enjoy the writing the most. I love your writer gags and the amount of self awarness the game has!

Tu é foda pra caralho, mano! Parabéns, e continue com o trabalho nesta qualidade.

YaYa_UnTIN2

Misunderstood Thinker
Donor
Dec 19, 2017
Surprising content style...

Spoiler-alert don't read unless you have played or you are the creator of the game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Good luck with your game.

Reactions: Lykanz

Vyktym76

Aug 20, 2018
I have no idea why, but after installing the hotfix, the exe no longer works, and fails to extract whenever I re-download this game. Looked up as much as I could online, but just can't get it to run anymore. :( Now I am sad. Update: It was my goddamn virus scanner being a douche.

Last edited:

ni-se-sabe

Jul 6, 2017
I have no idea why, but after installing the hotfix, the exe no longer works, and fails to extract whenever I re-download this game. Looked up as much as I could online, but just can't get it to run anymore. :( Now I am sad.
C:/Users/*your user name*/AppData/Roaming/RenPy/THEINNR

Search the save game here. Deleting persistent file maybe solving the problem.

ni-se-sabe

Jul 6, 2017
I also want to know, the renders are incredible. Beautiful work !!
I'm not an expert, but if isn't a mod, may have bring coser one or more points of light so that it doesn't blur and create more pronounced contrasts with the shadows. Or at least that's what photographers do in real life.

P.D. Google translator. Don't judge me.

Reactions: Lykanz and Doni94

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Thanks, found it after I posted the error

Awesome, didn't know I could change the character wardrobe before the event start

Unfortunately I did come across another error

This time which click on the MC picture to check his profile on the phone

But it does seem to work if I select another profile and use the arrows to switch between profiles.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
Exception: Unknown keyword arguments: effect

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "navigation/loc-joana_house.rpyc", line 273, in script
  File "C:\Users\***********\Desktop\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "C:\Users\***********\Desktop\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\***********\Desktop\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\***********\Desktop\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\***********\Desktop\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\***********\Desktop\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\***********\Desktop\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\Users\***********\Desktop\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "C:\Users\***********\Desktop\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
  File "C:\Users\***********\Desktop\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "C:\Users\***********\Desktop\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\Users\***********\Desktop\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "C:\Users\***********\Desktop\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "C:\Users\***********\Desktop\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 158, in apply_arguments
    return parameters.apply(args, kwargs, ignore_errors)
  File "C:\Users\***********\Desktop\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 145, in apply
    raise Exception("Unknown keyword arguments: %s" % ( ", ".join(values.keys())))
Exception: Unknown keyword arguments: effect

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The Inn v0.05Full
Sun Aug 30 23:29:40 2020
I fixed the issue, here's the link for the updated hotfix file:

How did you get Honey Select to look this good?
It's a mix of IBL, high resolution textures and a lot, I mean A LOT, of patience setting up scenes.

I have no idea why, but after installing the hotfix, the exe no longer works, and fails to extract whenever I re-download this game. Looked up as much as I could online, but just can't get it to run anymore. :( Now I am sad.

Search the save game here. Deleting persistent file maybe solving the problem.
Yeah, I was about to suggest deleting the persistent file. That should fix your issue of the game not starting up.

Nauzhror

Jul 16, 2018
Lykanz said:
You're the second person that reports the game not even working... Are you on windows or Mac? I know the Android build also refuses to start up, so maybe the Mac build is having the same error, that is, assuming you're using it. If it's on windows, I have absolutely no idea what may be causing it and I'll have to investigate it this week.
I'm on Windows 10 64 Bit Professional, Version 2004. Build 19041.450

It "launches", but hangs at a black screen forever:

Not sure if any of this is useful info, but I attached the log file.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

DeeezNuts

May 19, 2018
I'm not complaining about the portuguese subtitles but it's weird/funny that some normal conversation looks like translated by the google translator while the linda's country/farm accent is written perfectly for the region of Brazil that I live

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
Download hotfix 4, it should have this issue fixed.
Thank you - played through to the end of this update and must say that I am really enjoying this. Love Linda and looking forward to more with Carrie?

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I'm on Windows 10 64 Bit Professional, Version 2004. Build 19041.450
Earlier someone mentioned cleaning the persistent file from the game, I guess it's worth a try. If it doesn't work, well... I'll have to comb through the code and find something that could be causing it.

Nauzhror

Jul 16, 2018
I don't even have a persistent file.

exists, but the folder is empty.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
That's a dumb question but... do you have the option to show hidden files ticked?

I guess you have since you're on this folder.

rash69

Jul 6, 2017
New update woohoo but i think i will wait a few day to DL so i don't have to get all the hotfixs if there are more.

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes