Capt OA

Apr 29, 2018
Oh crap, I forgot to delete that thing. It's used on the online stuff and it should have deleted itself with the script. Thank you for pointing it out!

EDIT: Just to clarify what happened:

The .csv file that was bundled with the game is one that I can download from patreon with data about my patrons, like their e-mail and their pledge status and tiers.

No other personal information besides their e-mail goes there (it's still a huge deal, I know).

I download that file daily and run a script I created to gather some info from it (patrons e-mails and their tiers) and convert it to a .json file that gets encrypted and uploaded to my webserver so the in game patron login feature knows what to do.

The file should be deleted as soon as the script finishes, I really don't know what happened this time for it not to get deleted.

I'm really sorry, ashamed and kind of panicking about it.

The files were taken down from my MEGA account already and the links on the OP were deleted.

Right now, a clean version of the game, without that file is being uploaded.

Again, sorry for this.
May I suggest that for future treatment of sensitive information, first move it to a very safe place and then work in it, that way, if anything happens, the info is still somehow protected. No sensitive information should exist in any place that will/would be taken/made public later, just a suggestion.
Best wishes...

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
May I suggest that for future treatment of sensitive information, first move it to a very safe place and then work in it, that way, if anything happens, the info is still somehow protected. No sensitive information should exist in any place that will/would be taken/made public later, just a suggestion.
Best wishes...
Yeah, thanks for the suggestion. I know what I'll do from now on, I'll move that script to an entirely separate project, so it won't have anything to do with the main project's folder.

Nov 27, 2017
it isn't helping at all.
Its not only yours mine is kinda ... shitty too
(Tá uma bosta a internet aqui D: ... a propósito tinha deixando anteriormente o download e tinha saido, quando voltei digitei aqui antes de verificar o download ... o resto da história você já sabe...)

Reactions: Lykanz

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Its not only yours mine is kinda ... shitty too
(Tá uma bosta a internet aqui D: ... a propósito tinha deixando anteriormente o download e tinha saido, quando voltei digitei aqui antes de verificar o download ... o resto da história você já sabe...)
I had to take the files down due to some issues with them.

pt-br: Eu tive que tirar os arquivos do ar por cause de alguns problemas com eles.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
My internet connection is being really fucking temperamental right now.

I dunno if I'll be able to upload these files for a while.

I'm really sorry about that.

Right now my upload speed is like this:

Detail: My internet connection is cable, 100MB.

I really don't know what's the deal, as I already tried restarting the router, restarting my PC, calling the service provider, and all that.

And it also keeps disconnecting all the time, making the uploads start over again.

Smokes13

Nov 9, 2017

I really don't know what's the deal, as I already tried restarting the router, restarting my PC, calling the service provider, and all that.

And it also keeps disconnecting all the time, making the uploads start over again.
No pressure. Take your time, no need to rush things. Everyone likes it when somethings done properly, not rushed. Everyone agrees?

xeon_1

Dec 30, 2019

Damm that sucks.
a few sugestions try to use an ftp client to upload the data ,they can resume the upload (don't know if that is possible with site you use)
from the 20 years i have had cable internet at home and work i have had 3 instances where the speed was bad.
And it was either a bad connection in the providors terminal box in the street, moisture had gotten into it and corroded everything.
they had to replace the whole connection box.
Or a bad modem or amplifier/splitter (the thing where the coax cable goes into and is split for tv and data)

hellkary

Dec 8, 2018
gj, looking good, some funny dialog, 4th wall comments... wait... 2 and a half years in the making and just 9 days of game play? that was like 2 hours of game play, that´s like what ? 1 render per day? xD ok, gonna check this back in like 5 years, Good luck.

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes