Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Dev already knew your preferences while you downloaded the game and gave you a special version I guess. Lucky you, can you influence more devs to make a non Ntr version for you and share those with us? :ROFLMAO:
Dude I wish I had that power.

Reactions: Lykanz

nerdgamer

May 7, 2018
got this bug on day7:

While running game code:
File "game/days/day07/day07_lm_mc_bedroom.rpy", line 52, in script
scene day07_mc_br_05 with d5
Exception: DynamicImage u'day07_mc_br_05_[linda.clothes]': could not find image. (u'day07_mc_br_05_006')

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1383, in execute
renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1604, in with_statement
return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2454, in do_with
clear=clear)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2867, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3267, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 546, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 536, in visit_all
for d in self.visit():
File "renpy/display/image.py", line 743, in visit
self.find_target()
File "renpy/display/image.py", line 652, in find_target
raise Exception(error)
Exception: DynamicImage u'day07_mc_br_05_[linda.clothes]': could not find image. (u'day07_mc_br_05_006')

Is there any fix?

noobling

May 20, 2018
first time playing this game, so many errors, everytime I go to bed I seem to get an error that I can ignore and skip ahead and everytime I try to save I get an error so literally can't save, is there any workaround for this please?

BaelStriker

Feb 14, 2020
got a bug on day 9
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/days/day09/day09_jo_living_room.rpy", line 959, in <module>
Exception: Open text tag at end of string u'{'.

Full traceback:
  File "days/day09/day09_jo_living_room.rpyc", line 959, in script
  File "C:\Users\me\Desktop\VLC\vn\games\the inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\me\Desktop\VLC\vn\games\the inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "C:\Users\me\Desktop\VLC\vn\games\the inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1480, in pause
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\me\Desktop\VLC\vn\games\the inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\me\Desktop\VLC\vn\games\the inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\me\Desktop\VLC\vn\games\the inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
  File "C:\Users\me\Desktop\VLC\vn\games\the inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
  File "C:\Users\me\Desktop\VLC\vn\games\the inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
  File "C:\Users\me\Desktop\VLC\vn\games\the inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 434, in visit_all
    self.child.visit_all(callback, seen=None)
  File "C:\Users\me\Desktop\VLC\vn\games\the inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 531, in visit_all
    for d in self.visit():
  File "C:\Users\me\Desktop\VLC\vn\games\the inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1717, in visit
    self.update()
  File "C:\Users\me\Desktop\VLC\vn\games\the inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1694, in update
    tokens = self.tokenize(text)
  File "C:\Users\me\Desktop\VLC\vn\games\the inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 2164, in tokenize
    tokens.extend(textsupport.tokenize(i))
  File "textsupport.pyx", line 122, in renpy.text.textsupport.tokenize

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The Inn v0.05Full
Sun Sep 06 14:56:59 2020

Last edited by a moderator:

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
gj, looking good, some funny dialog, 4th wall comments... wait... 2 and a half years in the making and just 9 days of game play? that was like 2 hours of game play, that´s like what ? 1 render per day? xD ok, gonna check this back in like 5 years, Good luck.
Between remaking the game from scratch, personal life and job related issues and me trying to make it worth the wait, it took me really long to get this update done.

Something about the lighting/coloring makes the screens look a bit scuffed.
I wonder what though. I'd really like to hear your opinion on that.

You may want to get a DOWNLOAD MANAGER program. I use IDM, Internet Download Manager, FREE. There are others.

Without IDM, my download speeds run about 1 MBS, but when using IDM my DL speeds are usually over 7 MBS.

Many sites offer RESUME ability on their downloads to save having to re-download something because your connection got interrupted. Basically you can reconnect and continue where you left off; you do not have to start all over. IDM tells you if RESUME is supported on the download or not.

Without IDM I’ve frequently lost connections part way through a DL. IDM greatly reduces this problem and if RESUME is supported you can recover. I’ve had over 90% of a file downloaded, lost the connection & had to start from scratch without IDM.
It was a problem related to my ISP, something about one of their transmission lines and stuff.

the currently uploaded version still has your patron's details.
That's because the thread was reverted back to an early state by mods. That was not the currently uploaded version, the one in there right now (v0.05.8) is though.

anything new ? i played with hotfix 5 and finished the game with no problems
Not really, just bugfixes. If you finished the update without issues, you're good.

Dubious DRM strikes again (and so soon after implementation). I'm a little sad that lykanz decided to devote time to keeping some patreon whiners happy over just putting more time into an excellent game. I do look forward to giving the update a try once the torrent of hotfixes has stopped.
Not really a DRM, you can still play the game to it's fullest, the only thing you won't be able to get is the nsfw pin-ups.

Also, they're not "whinny patrons", they're the people who put bread on my table, and I have to be honest and just with them.

While trying to play the game with lil sis, right before choosing character this happens to me. Any thoughts

Code:

While loading <'Image' u'images/day09/lu_bedroom/day09_lu_story_select_fighter_screen_base.webp'>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/day09/lu_bedroom/day09_lu_story_select_fighter_screen_base.webp'.

Full traceback:
  File "game/days/day09/day09_jo_luana_bedroom.rpyc", line 412, in script
    -���_���TyY��l    '/�7��$�2���
  File "C:\Users\michael\Documents\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1389, in execute
  File "C:\Users\michael\Documents\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1601, in with_statement
  File "C:\Users\michael\Documents\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2251, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "C:\Users\michael\Documents\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
  File "C:\Users\michael\Documents\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\michael\Documents\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
    rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
    rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\michael\Documents\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
    cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
  File "C:\Users\michael\Documents\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 361, in render
    top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
  File "C:\Users\michael\Documents\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "C:\Users\michael\Documents\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 500, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\michael\Documents\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\michael\Documents\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "C:\Users\michael\Documents\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\michael\Documents\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Users\michael\Documents\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/day09/lu_bedroom/day09_lu_story_select_fighter_screen_base.webp'.

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The Inn v0.05Full
Sun Sep 06 19:27:25 2020
You're using an old version. That was fixed on the latest one (v0.05.8).

WTF? I don't have that option in my game.
View attachment 804532
Once you see the fetish screen once, the game will hide that joke option for any other time you see it, so you don't have to go through the clickity clicky of the NTR joke every time you want to start a new playthrough.

Dev already knew your preferences while you downloaded the game and gave you a special version I guess. Lucky you, can you influence more devs to make a non Ntr version for you and share those with us? :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, I'm Professor X.

a game to be finished in 2yrs???
Maybe? I hope I have enough content for it to last that long.

got this bug on day7:

Code:
While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1383, in execute
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1604, in with_statement
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2454, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2867, in interact
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3267, in interact_core
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 536, in visit_all
    for d in self.visit():
  File "renpy/display/image.py", line 743, in visit
    self.find_target()
  File "renpy/display/image.py", line 652, in find_target
    raise Exception(error)

Is there any fix?
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE="BaelStriker, post: 4143026, member: 2024970"]
got a bug on day 9

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "days/day09/day09_jo_living_room.rpyc", line 959, in script
  File "C:\Users\me\Desktop\VLC\vn\games\the inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\me\Desktop\VLC\vn\games\the inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "C:\Users\me\Desktop\VLC\vn\games\the inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1480, in pause
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\me\Desktop\VLC\vn\games\the inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
  File "C:\Users\me\Desktop\VLC\vn\games\the inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
  File "C:\Users\me\Desktop\VLC\vn\games\the inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
  File "C:\Users\me\Desktop\VLC\vn\games\the inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 434, in visit_all
    self.child.visit_all(callback, seen=None)
  File "C:\Users\me\Desktop\VLC\vn\games\the inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 531, in visit_all
    for d in self.visit():
  File "C:\Users\me\Desktop\VLC\vn\games\the inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1717, in visit
    self.update()
  File "C:\Users\me\Desktop\VLC\vn\games\the inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1694, in update
    tokens = self.tokenize(text)
  File "C:\Users\me\Desktop\VLC\vn\games\the inn\TheInn-v0.05Full-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 2164, in tokenize
    tokens.extend(textsupport.tokenize(i))
  File "textsupport.pyx", line 122, in renpy.text.textsupport.tokenize

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The Inn v0.05Full
Sun Sep 06 14:56:59 2020
You're using an old version. This issue is fixed on the latest version (v0.05.8).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aaaaaaaaanyway. My ISP finally decided to do their fucking job and fixed my internet speeds. The new builds are uploaded and available on the OP. Everything SHOULD be fixed by now. But then, you never know if any more bugs will appear.

Such is the price of trying to make your player's experience unique and not just put out an average, mediocre, generic, run off the mill visual novel.

Yeah, I am still kinda salty about my ISP, sorry.

nerdgamer

May 7, 2018
Between remaking the game from scratch, personal life and job related issues and me trying to make it worth the wait, it took me really long to get this update done.

It was a problem related to my ISP, something about one of their transmission lines and stuff.

That's because the thread was reverted back to an early state by mods. That was not the currently uploaded version, the one in there right now (v0.05.8) is though.

Not really, just bugfixes. If you finished the update without issues, you're good.

Not really a DRM, you can still play the game to it's fullest, the only thing you won't be able to get is the nsfw pin-ups.

Also, they're not "whinny patrons", they're the people who put bread on my table, and I have to be honest and just with them.

Once you see the fetish screen once, the game will hide that joke option for any other time you see it, so you don't have to go through the clickity clicky of the NTR joke every time you want to start a new playthrough.

Yeah, I'm Professor X.

You're using an old version. This issue is fixed on the latest version (v0.05.8).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aaaaaaaaanyway. My ISP finally decided to do their fucking job and fixed my internet speeds. The new builds are uploaded and available on the OP. Everything SHOULD be fixed by now. But then, you never know if any more bugs will appear.

Such is the price of trying to make your player's experience unique and not just put out an average, mediocre, generic, run off the mill visual novel.

oh okay sorry i downloaded the compressed verison without even checking, dowloading the new version right now

Nov 1, 2018

Yeah, I'm Professor X.

Thank you for your response. And i will redownload

Jun 14, 2020
Yo, I have some weird ass error on day 9 at 11am:

Code:

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "game/phone/phone-sms-engine.rpy", line 34, in execute
  File "game/phone/phone-sms-engine.rpy", line 51, in execute
  File "game/phone/phone-sms-engine.rpy", line 327, in execute
  File "game/phone/phone-sms-engine.rpy", line 347, in execute
  File "game/phone/phone-sms-engine.rpy", line 348, in execute
  File "game/phone/phone-sms-engine.rpy", line 349, in execute
  File "game/phone/phone-sms-engine.rpy", line 351, in execute
NameError: name 'came_from_profile' is not defined

Full traceback:
  File "navigation/loc-joana_house.rpyc", line 260, in script
  File "D:\test\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "D:\test\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\test\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\test\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\test\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
  File "D:\test\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
  File "D:\test\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
  File "D:\test\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
  File "D:\test\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "D:\test\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
  File "D:\test\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "D:\test\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "<screen language>", line 351, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The Inn v0.05.8
Mon Sep 07 00:07:23 2020
Any help perhaps :thonk: ?

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
Yo, I have some weird ass error on day 9 at 11am:

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "navigation/loc-joana_house.rpyc", line 260, in script
  File "D:\test\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "D:\test\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\test\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\test\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\test\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
  File "D:\test\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
  File "D:\test\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
  File "D:\test\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "D:\test\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
  File "D:\test\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "D:\test\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "<screen language>", line 351, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The Inn v0.05.8
Mon Sep 07 00:07:23 2020
Any help perhaps :thonk: ?
I have this same error and when i click "Ignore" game automatically comes out to "main menu" so game is not playable in this state.

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
gotta wait for mirrors, I can only download 1,5gb from mega at a time

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 102 Votes