Brooklyn96

Jun 2, 2019
Why doesn't CH2 start? I have hundreds of Renpy engine games on my computer and they all work, including CH1, CH2 refuses to start and doesn't even create a LOG file. Thanks in advance.

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
Why doesn't CH2 start? I have hundreds of Renpy engine games on my computer and they all work, including CH1, CH2 refuses to start and doesn't even create a LOG file. Thanks in advance.
After an update last week that seems to have disabled Smart App Control, my laptop (windows 11) started doing the same thing to most Renpy games that I haven't played before. If I played it before, Windows trusts it. If I haven't previously played it, there's an 80% chance that rather than getting the Windows Defender SmartScreen warning that I'm accustomed to and could choose to override, Windows completely blocks it (and logs nothing). I haven't dug into why Smart App Control is not working, so I'm not sure if MS deliberately changed something, but now I have to turn off "Check apps and files" under Reputation-based protection. Doing so, allows a different warning upon running the game, similar to what I used to get on Windows 8. This can be overridden and a check-box ticked to prevent it from asking again. Then I turn on "Check apps and files" under Reputation-based protection again. It's a nuisance, but not a huge one. Hope this helps.

Brooklyn96

Jun 2, 2019
After an update last week that seems to have disabled Smart App Control, my laptop (windows 11) started doing the same thing to most Renpy games that I haven't played before. If I played it before, Windows trusts it. If I haven't previously played it, there's an 80% chance that rather than getting the Windows Defender SmartScreen warning that I'm accustomed to and could choose to override, Windows completely blocks it (and logs nothing). I haven't dug into why Smart App Control is not working, so I'm not sure if MS deliberately changed something, but now I have to turn off "Check apps and files" under Reputation-based protection. Doing so, allows a different warning upon running the game, similar to what I used to get on Windows 8. This can be overridden and a check-box ticked to prevent it from asking again. Then I turn on "Check apps and files" under Reputation-based protection again. It's a nuisance, but not a huge one. Hope this helps.
Thank you very much for the answer, unfortunately it didn't solve it. The previous version of CH2 didn't work either, and at that time I had a custom Windows 10 on my computer, from which all Windows Security functions were removed. I'm starting to think that there's a hardware error here, because this is a pretty old computer with a DirectX10.1 IGP, it's just interesting that this game has a problem with the CH2 version, while the other games don't have any such problems.

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
Thank you very much for the answer, unfortunately it didn't solve it. The previous version of CH2 didn't work either, and at that time I had a custom Windows 10 on my computer, from which all Windows Security functions were removed. I'm starting to think that there's a hardware error here, because this is a pretty old computer with a DirectX10.1 IGP, it's just interesting that this game has a problem with the CH2 version, while the other games don't have any such problems.
Sorry that didn't work, but my thought that something is blocking the game from running remains my top candidate since you mentioned no log file. Either that or bootstrap.py has been quarantined or deleted. It seems to me that if Renpy runs at all, you'd have a log.txt that would tell you something. If the graphics processor is at issue, then there should be something about that under the line in the log "Initializing gl2 renderer:"

Brooklyn96

Jun 2, 2019
Sorry that didn't work, but my thought that something is blocking the game from running remains my top candidate since you mentioned no log file. Either that or bootstrap.py has been quarantined or deleted. It seems to me that if Renpy runs at all, you'd have a log.txt that would tell you something. If the graphics processor is at issue, then there should be something about that under the line in the log "Initializing gl2 renderer:"
I tried to open it with Renpy 8.2 SDK. As soon as I select the Launch Project button, after a few seconds of loading, it returns to the main menu of the SDK. If I click Build Distributions, it creates the log file, but Initializing renderer is not included. I tried it with another game, which starts immediately when the Launch Project button is selected, and when the Build Distributions button is selected, it also creates a logfile, but the log does not include the Initializing Renderer line for this game either. I also tried using the Angle renderer under SDK, but it still throws me back to the main menu after selecting the Launch Project button, so I have no idea what the problem could be. The Bootstrap.py file is there in the game folder.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bill Temple

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Lykanz, you may already be aware of this (or it's possibly something on my end, although I can't imagine what), but at the end of Ch2v1.01.02 when you get to sandbox once more, if I go to the phone and try to view Luana, Valentina, or Joana, I get the attached error. No other profiles showed the error. Just in case it requires more investigation, I'm attaching my save as well.

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
"This unit will now refer to dull-faced male as Mr. [Player.Surname]"
That's not what I said, you glorified toaster. Atleast the bitchy cocksleeve does it consistently? Also feels weird that there's no 'sir' option.

• Haha
Reactions: DrinkSlinger

RYOUSC

Jan 11, 2021
I put this game on shelf for quite a while. Turns out I was ignoring a gem this whole time. LI's designs are on point. The story is engaging. The lewd scenes are hot.

Luana, my beloved, I wish we got her sex scene soon. 10/10 little sister LI for real.

Radical_Dreamer

Donor
Aug 26, 2018
This game is fucking fantastic. Every scene is a chucklefest, and the dev's "character" is a riot. xD

That being said, maybe I am a complete idiot, but I cannot figure out how the wardrobe system works. Maybe I am too early in the story (literally doing the first few events in the new house after the funeral), and they all had the star with the shirt icon in them, which from my understanding was a wardrobe event, but I didn't know what to do to make it happen.

Again, may be too soon, but I figured if the wardrobe icons were already there, I missed something.

Reactions: matt767
4.10 star(s) 105 Votes