VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Intoxicating Flavor [v0.10.6] [PixelsLab]

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes

majdaddin

Nov 29, 2019
This game feels like Lost. Cool weird story, BUT it can't go anywhere satisfying, it's too weird. Only one way to find out!

Mar 21, 2018
Sadly the story goes somewhere really weird. I loved it first but abonded it a while ago.
This game feels like Lost. Cool weird story, BUT it can't go anywhere satisfying, it's too weird. Only one way to find out!
The game is very strange for me also. The game and story are very imaginative and creative but I struggle with the MC and his mission.

The MC is a self-absorbed jerk who is an expert of martial arts yet has the opposite personality that a martial arts expert should have. I have a hard time believing that anyone would be willing to train this guy.

He goes around killing people for no reason.

He is a powerful blood bearer yet no one will train him or teach him how to use his abilities. His uncle, although less powerful, was very skilled and mastered his blood bearer abilities. But the MC has to figure out nearly all of it on his own for some reason. Inanna claims that the fate of the world rests on his shoulders but he has to figure it out on his own.

I can understand that there is a lot of mystery in the game but it gets to be a bit much at times. I'm very confused with the personality of the MC. He isn't a very likeable person but all the females in the game think he is really good looking and very desirable. The MC looks like an average guy to me. His personality is a real turn off to me.

In a nutshell, the fate of the world rests on a real loser of a guy who is efficient at killing people.

Last edited:

Cojke1996

Dec 1, 2018
The game is very strange for me also. The game and story are very imaginative and creative but I struggle with the MC and his mission.

The MC is a self-absorbed jerk who is an expert of martial arts yet has the opposite personality that a martial arts expert should have. I have a hard time believing that anyone would be willing to train this guy.

He is a powerful blood bearer yet no one will train him or teach him how to use his abilities. His uncle, although less powerful, was very skilled and mastered his blood bearer abilities. But the MC has to figure out nearly all of it on his own for some reason. Inanna claims that the fate of the world rests on his shoulders but he has to figure it out on his own.

I can understand that there is a lot of mystery in the game but it gets to be a bit much at times. I'm very confused with the personality of the MC. He isn't a very likeable person but all the females in the game think he is really good looking and very desirable. The MC looks like an average guy to me. His personality is a real turn off to me.

In a nutshell, the fate of the world rests on a real loser of a guy who is efficient at killing people.
You are free to find something that suits you better, and the story explains very well why MC is such a jerk, a killer and a cold-blooded jerk. Best regards!

Mar 21, 2018
arrrrggghhhh!!! I want the MC to fuck Katie so bad... I would enjoy an entire update dedicated to Katie finally being banged!! ;);)

Never mind the great story & everything else... just need to see the extremely HOT Katie being dick-banged at long last! :LOL::LOL:
Yea, I want to fuck her for five hours straight until we both pass out from exhaustion.

Liv beat you to it. She is your servant after all.

Liv and Katie.jpg Liv and Katie 2.jpg Liv and Katie 3.jpg Liv and Katie 4.jpg Liv and Katie 5.jpg Liv and Katie 6.jpg

Reactions: riddikk91

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
While it hasn't been stated explicitly I'm pretty sure Eve's and Inanna's deal includes our MC not to be trained in the blood bearer abilities. We know from the hospital room scene (right before diving into Maria's mind) that he was supposed to be physically trained. He was to be prepared and sent to the island. He most likely was not allowed to know about Innana as well. A blank slate for Inanna to work with.

And we know from the flashbacks were he got his martial training from. His billionaire mom threw money at the problem from at least his young teen years. His failing out/going rogue came later. I doubt he has had any formal training since running away from home. Plenty experience from beating up drug dealers though. Maybe he did some sparring with Liv. But we haven't seen anything like that.

He's more of a spoiled rich kid on one hand. Where his mom's money and his natural blood bearer abilities have shielded him from most bad consequences in his life. One the other hand he was under a lot of pressure with his training and whatever was going on in the operation room where he suffered immense pain to get his resistance to Inanna's control. Not exactly a happy childhood.

But we've also seen that he isn't a psychopath. He can empathize. And he wanted to live normal live until whatever happened with Teagan made him kill a bunch of people. We don't know exactly what went down there. I'm also not ruling out Eve fucking with him to have a reason to send him to the island without straight up forcing/abducting him.

riddikk91

Apr 22, 2017
Yea, I want to fuck her for five hours straight until we both pass out from exhaustion.

Liv beat you to it. She is your servant after all.

View attachment 983152 View attachment 983151 View attachment 983150 View attachment 983149 View attachment 983148 View attachment 983147
Yeah - I saw that in the update... unfortunately watching lesbians doesnt really do anything for me... :cautious:

However, being my servant, Liv could simply get Katie "ready" for a solid pounding! :sneaky::sneaky:

Reactions: Cojke1996

Cojke1996

Dec 1, 2018
I'll just say this, this game is a work of art created by PixelsLab and not everyone understands art and that's perfectly fine but that doesn't mean he / she should belittle someone else's work because someone doesn't understand what they're playing. And an opinion is something that is given with an understanding of something that someone has made, created and put in their effort. Who understands, will understand.!? Cheers! ;)

PhoenixFireeye

Nov 2, 2017
I'll just say this, this game is a work of art created by PixelsLab and not everyone understands art and that's perfectly fine
This is art, but it's also a work in progress. So we, the viewer, aren't seeing the whole picture, but just tiny scattered pieces of the picture. So I can understand why some people don't understand what is going on or what personalities the characters have. As the game continues, more and more of the little pieces will be revealed and more players will understand the characters and what exactly is going on in this universe.

I personally am enjoying this story and can't wait for more of it to be finished.

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018

I wonder how you think should be the main character of this story?
I read your message four times and I still don't understand what you don't like.
He's a loser because what? You just called him a failure, but you didn't explain why. Please, if you leave your opinion, then at least do it in detail.
You can go into more detail at what point the main character kills someone for no reason. Apparently, I missed this point myself, unless you came up with it yourself.
You don't like his looks? Well, show me what you think a good-looking guy should look like. I guess I don't know that much about male beauty.

After reading your message, this is how I see your ideal of a Main Character - an irresistible hero who knows and knows everything in the world and is able to solve all conflicts peacefully and with conversation. If not, correct me.

Mar 21, 2018
I wonder how you think should be the main character of this story?
I read your message four times and I still don't understand what you don't like.
He's a loser because what? You just called him a failure, but you didn't explain why. Please, if you leave your opinion, then at least do it in detail.
You can go into more detail at what point the main character kills someone for no reason. Apparently, I missed this point myself, unless you came up with it yourself.
You don't like his looks? Well, show me what you think a good-looking guy should look like. I guess I don't know that much about male beauty.

After reading your message, this is how I see your ideal of a Main Character - an irresistible hero who knows and knows everything in the world and is able to solve all conflicts peacefully and with conversation. If not, correct me.
You didn't write the story? Who did? Perhaps I should talk with them.

The MC behaves, talks, and acts like a self absorbed jerk throughout the game. It is not one specific event. He is also generally unlikeable (to me at least). He lacks maturity and often empathy for others. He only seems to show empathy towards the girls on the island on occasion. That is why he is a loser. I could spend eight hours playing the game again and copy and paste conversations and post them here but that is a lot of time to prove a point don't you think?

There are multiple conversations with characters talking about how the MC killed a bunch of people, Eve and Inanna. Eve talks about the MC killing a bunch of people and having to send him to the island to get him away from the law. Inanna asks the MC multiple times why he killed those people and he kept saying, "For no reason." The MC and Inanna agreed to answer each others questions and be honest about it. Perhaps you need to play your own game again.

You do a lot of things right in the game. I don't deny that. The renders and graphics are excellent. The story is creative and imaginative. The sex scenes are well done. The characters are unique and interesting.

I (and others) have a hard time relating to the character. Some of us are playing a main character that we can't relate to. That is never a good thing. The MC doesn't have to be a knight in shining armor. He can certainly have flaws and should. I would never choose to play this type of character in any game. That is the biggest struggle for me (and others).

Thank you for all of your hard work and efforts on this project!

Update:

I spent 10 minutes and found two quick examples of "being a jerk and a loser" in the last update.

MC.jpg
Katie and MC 1.jpg Katie and MC 2.jpg Katie and MC 3.jpg Katie and MC 4.jpg

I could easily find 50 more of these. Even if the MC isn't happy with Katie, you don't treat someone like that (at least a good person wouldn't).

Last edited:

Cojke1996

Dec 1, 2018
I could spend eight hours playing the game again and copy and paste conversations and post them here but that is a lot of time to prove a point don't you think?

The MC behaves, talks, and acts like a self absorbed jerk throughout the game. It is not one specific event. He is also generally unlikeable (to me at least). He lacks maturity and often empathy for others. He only seems to show empathy towards the girls on the island on occasion. That is why he is a loser. I could spend eight hours playing the game again and copy and paste conversations and post them here but that is a lot of time to prove a point don't you think?

There are multiple conversations with characters talking about how the MC killed a bunch of people, Eve and Inanna. Eve talks about the MC killing a bunch of people and having to send him to the island to get him away from the law. Inanna asks the MC multiple times why he killed those people and he kept saying, "For no reason." The MC and Inanna agreed to answer each others questions and be honest about it. Perhaps you need to play your own game again.

You do a lot of things right in the game. I don't deny that. The renders and graphics are excellent. The story is creative and imaginative. The sex scenes are well done. The characters are unique and interesting.

I (and others) have a hard time relating to the character. Some of us are playing a main character that we can't relate to. That is never a good thing. The MC doesn't have to be a knight in shining armor. He can certainly have flaws and should. I would never choose to play this type of character in any game. That is the biggest struggle for me (and others).

Here, read a few more times the text and explanation, which HSHS1111 explained in brief why MC is a heartless jerk.

While it hasn't been stated explicitly I'm pretty sure Eve's and Inanna's deal includes our MC not to be trained in the blood bearer abilities. We know from the hospital room scene (right before diving into Maria's mind) that he was supposed to be physically trained. He was to be prepared and sent to the island. He most likely was not allowed to know about Innana as well. A blank slate for Inanna to work with.

And we know from the flashbacks were he got his martial training from. His billionaire mom threw money at the problem from at least his young teen years. His failing out/going rogue came later. I doubt he has had any formal training since running away from home. Plenty experience from beating up drug dealers though. Maybe he did some sparring with Liv. But we haven't seen anything like that.

He's more of a spoiled rich kid on one hand. Where his mom's money and his natural blood bearer abilities have shielded him from most bad consequences in his life. One the other hand he was under a lot of pressure with his training and whatever was going on in the operation room where he suffered immense pain to get his resistance to Inanna's control. Not exactly a happy childhood.

But we've also seen that he isn't a psychopath. He can empathize. And he wanted to live normal live until whatever happened with Teagan made him kill a bunch of people. We don't know exactly what went down there. I'm also not ruling out Eve fucking with him to have a reason to send him to the island without straight up forcing/abducting him.

Mar 21, 2018
Here, read a few more times the text and explanation, which HSHS1111 explained in brief why MC is a heartless jerk.

HSHS111 posted this on the previous page, lol. I already read it.

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
Everything related to the game I do alone. Except for proofreading the text. This is done by Dunduk_ for Russian, and Glooskabe for English.
The fact that the Main Hero does not run to save everyone in the world, and generally does not think that he need to be especially kind to other people, I think it is absolutely correct. Nobody helps others just like that. Nobody at all. We help each other because we were raised that way, or because we realized that it was the right thing to do. The protagonist of the game was brought up not like that, not at all like that. From the age of twelve, he either studied, or trained, or participated in sparring, in which he was most often beaten. Then he spent several months strapped to the couch in the laboratory. And when he escaped, he ended up on the street, where he became addicted to drugs. Where was compassion supposed to appear?

Only when he crossed the line with Liv, and then was forgiven by her, he began to change. From 16-18 years old, thanks to Liv, he became more human. And the scene with Teagan just shows the completion of his changes, when he decided to help another. And then, something happened with Teegan. (I won't say that, because this spoiler) And that made him colder. And I don't know why I have to explain it. This was said several times in the game.

About the murders. He didn’t say he killed for no reason. He said that he did not like "They". And it is obvious that he did not begin to tell Inanna the reasons for the murder. He didn't lie to her, just told a very small part of the truth. Is the story so bad that it seemed like he actually killed these people for no reason? :unsure:

Update:

I spent 10 minutes and found two quick examples of "being a jerk and a loser" in the last update.

View attachment 983824
View attachment 983828 View attachment 983827 View attachment 983826 View attachment 983825

I could easily find 50 more of these. Even if the MC isn't happy with Katie, you don't treat someone like that (at least a good person wouldn't).
And about your examples. They show even more that you need, as you said, "a knight in shining armor. "
In the first example, he is making fun of himself. I don't know why this characterizes him as a loser. Apparently the real Alpha should not tolerate jokes on himself. Even if it's his own jokes.
And the second example. Katie literally almost hung the rapist's mark on the main character. And after that, it surprises you that the main character does not be nice to her? And I will say more, he would have treated her like that (and maybe worse) if she had not tried to convey her thoughts and feelings to him through sparring.
I am very glad that my main character turned out to be so solid and well-developed.

Thank you for your opinion! It is a long time since I had to convey my opinion so strongly. Hope the English is not very bad. I was tired of translating everything through a translator. o_O

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019

Update:

View attachment 983824
View attachment 983828 View attachment 983827 View attachment 983826 View attachment 983825

Inanna alluded to Alice that the MC suffers from depression. And while we know she can't read his mind that first image is pretty much in line with that. The MC isn't a saint. But it's not like the girls treated him with utmost courtesy initially either. He certainly isn't acting like I would, or you'd expect someone to behave, in a lot situations but he is acting believable for what has been presented. Not sure were the whole "he's a loser" judgement comes from. He isn't a pushover and he's plenty strong. If you think people suffering from depression are losers I don't know what to tell you to be honest.

Contrary the MC is very strong. It's only the depression and spoiled/juvenile behavior that doesn't turn this into a straight power fantasy. And while those can be fun for a while they tend to become boring fairly quick.

In regards to the 4 images of Katie accusing the MC: Iirc that was because Maria was in an abysmal state after the shattering and repairing of her mind. But to Katie Maria's state came from the MC overdoing the workout session. She's genuinely angry. The MC laughs because his daytime self doesn't currently remember what happened during the dream sequences. And what he remembers from the workout session was hardly abusing Maria. So to him it looks like Katie is overprotective and overreacting.

A lot of the confusion and supposedly weird/inconsistent behavior comes from the information difference between characters dreaming and waking selfs. Especially since we as players don't know about it initially. But when you put everything together it fits and is very well written.

You are right in that the MC isn't someone bland that you can self-insert over easily. If that's what your looking for in your porn games this game might not be for you. But to me it sounds like you make the writing out to be the problem when it just doesn't fit your taste. Because in my humble opinion the writing in The Intoxicating Flavor stands above a vast majority of the games on this site.

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes