VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Intoxicating Flavor [v0.10.6] [PixelsLab]

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
cant believe you still have such low support considering this is one of the best games out here, in my opinion, i will try to help you out a bit @PixelsLab :heartcoveredeyes:
keep up such amazing work and with a bit of help you will get where you deserve ;)

Reactions: PixelsLab

AGoodDay2Die

Feb 9, 2018
Is there a walkthrough? Or is it not needed?

Just drop a hit of acid, drink half a quart of absinthe, and bang your head on a brick wall a few times, really hard. Then you should have no problems. Barring that, though, none of this shit will either:
A) Make any kind of fucking sense or,
B) Be in any way entertaining up to this point.

A walkthrough would do you no good at all, except, perhaps, with the stupid minigame. The best thing to do, probably, would be to wait a year or so before you try this - if it's still around then. Until it's far more fleshed-out it's simply a ridiculous pile of steaming nonsense (you thought I was gonna use another word there, didn't you?).

"A man walks into a bar..."

A month later - "Well, it's not REALLY a bar..."

Another month later - "He says 'Potato...'"

A month after that - "A barstool sprouts arms and, flapping them wildly, flies away..."

Rodnarr

Jun 28, 2017
Turning into a too strange game for me.
The enormous amounts of text/info that you have to read just makes me bored.
Deleting this and maybe I will have a look at when it's finished.

Reactions: Darkaura

Pica-bu

Dec 21, 2017
Why? I mean realy why? Why in this game has to be some wierd paranormal/horror element... I mean it was pretty obvious, that in it will be some mystery...but for f**k sake why? Its like GtO when u play as a teacher then turns out he is fu****g succubus. Mark my word next thing you`ll notice is zombie in this game or some kind of wierd dead lich dragon s*it...:FeelsBadMan:

Reactions: mgtoons

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
Why? I mean realy why? Why in this game has to be some wierd paranormal/horror element... I mean it was pretty obvious, that in it will be some mystery...but for f**k sake why? Its like GtO when u play as a teacher then turns out he is fu****g succubus. Mark my word next thing you`ll notice is zombie in this game or some kind of wierd dead lich dragon s*it...:FeelsBadMan:
I was thinking about the Yeti

Pica-bu

Dec 21, 2017
I was thinking about the Yeti
Mate, don`t get me wrong, I personaly like the game... I dont have a problem with reading like some folks here, renders also good, it`s just course of story that I dont realy get, will it be better to keep it more realystic? Like make the MC some sort ot Agent 47, or like in "Retrieving The Past" game?

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
thank for sharing FILESCDN site is NOT SAFE to use it gave a popup message say my pc was infected it is mot so beware of it

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
Mate, don`t get me wrong, I personaly like the game... I dont have a problem with reading like some folks here, renders also good, it`s just course of story that I dont realy get, will it be better to keep it more realystic? Like make the MC some sort ot Agent 47, or like in "Retrieving The Past" game?
It's just a joke. I did not try to show that your opinion is wrong.
Paronormal events are only part of the overall history and not the largest part of it. If you think that the next MC will shoot lightning from ass, then it is not. It's a pity...:FeelsBadMan:

P.S Not sure if I translate the text correctly. I am on a business trip now and am writing from my phone.

Reactions: lamarks and UncleVT

Pica-bu

Dec 21, 2017
Paronormal events are only part of the overall history and not the largest part of it. If you think that the next MC will shoot lightning from ass, then it is not. It's a pity...:FeelsBadMan:

P.S Not sure if I translate the text correctly. I am on a business trip now and am writing from my phone.
No offense taken, I understan what you tried to say. Just finished this update and it was kinda interesting. Just hope that it indeed not gonna revolve around to much of misticizm, because to many other projects is kinda take a very huge part of thair story around it, and it`s becoming more boring and abused like some sort of cliche. Nontheless it`s good game and thanks for respons from your part. Best of luck to you. Will wait for the story to continue.:eazyHype:

Reactions: PixelsLab

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017

Don't worry about the people who don't have enough imagination to understand the appeal of fantasy and surrealism. I think your VN has been excellent so far, including the last update. Just keep it the way it is, give the reader/player something to think about, something to wonder and guess. Don't try to explain everything, it would kill the mystery and the whole vibe that it has had so far.
Now it has this whole American Gods (that I like a lot and watched) and True Blood (that I know, but didn't like enough to keep track on) kind of feeling while not copying neither. This is exactly the kind of story that I like. At least so far.

I still have nothing bad to say about your game or VN, so from the point of constructive criticism I'm still useless :pensive:. So I'm just saying thank you for making this game. You have an audience, even if there are some who don't like it for any possible reason.

The one thing I'm still quite sure about is that in this type of VN, if there is a minigame with multiple possible results in it, rollback shouldn't be fixed or blocked in any way.

And just for this here's a replacement script for the v0.1.8.5 with renpy.fix_rollback() lines commented out for those who are just starting the game for the first time and aren't feeling too enthusiastic about the fixed rollback there.

Anyone interested can just extract this patch archive into the root folder of the game (where the game launcher exe file is) and the script file will pop into the "game" subfolder.
After adding this patch the game may throw an error at the first launch. Just close the error message and game window, then start the game again, it should work on the second attempt.

This is only for the English version 0.1.8.5 of the game, trying it on any other version will basically convert the game into this version.

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
One suggestion I might make is to use people's names more. There's a lot of 3rd person talk where it's not obvious who is being referred to (saying "she" did something, when we have seven women actively involved). This is made worse by the existence of a few errors, meaning the reader can't even trust what they see.

I'm also a little confused about why all text is treated as already seen. That means I can't just load an old save and skip until the new content, because the engine doesn't know where to stop skipping forward.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Very tired. Today I was supposed to have a day off. :-(
I gave the second part of the text to be translated. The translator promised to finish tomorrow evening.

It turned out about 2500 words and 47 images. I suppose there will be 3 sounds. (If I can find)

I do not know what to do with the next update. I am not sure that I will have time to finish it in five days. Moreover, there will be sexual content, and it is very difficult to do. In general, we decide next week.

jughead004

Donor
Sep 19, 2017
Nice bait and switch, getting more into it and I'm only in Chapter 2. Chapter 1 has substandard dialogue with some spelling errors but it gets waaaaay better in 2.

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
Out of topic, but

Now it has this whole American Gods
I was happy till I saw this, I had forgotten about the show, now I'm impatient again for the second season. You're cruel. :FeelsBadMan:

Now for guys in pain like me, maybe you guys are luckier than me if you didn't watch "Deadwood" yet, so go watch it till the second season become available for Ian McShane. Even I may rewatch it.

Sorry for unnecessary and useless thread post. :tf:

Reactions: Penfold Mole
4.00 star(s) 151 Votes