VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Intoxicating Flavor [v0.10.6] [PixelsLab]

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So, it as clear as is the summer sun...
Wow! If someone asked me to briefly describe the plot of the game, I would not have done it the way you are.:FeelsGoodMan:
I'm looking forward to a return to (more or less) reality. Hopefully the dev won't make the mistake of "Lost" or "Twin Peaks The Return" and just go all weird and random for no reason. If you're going to break the rules of how reality works, it has to make sense to the viewer before the viewer loses faith that it will eventually make sense. The Intoxicating Flavor seems to be doing a pretty good job (in my opinion) of balancing the strange with the familiar.
I plan to do so. During the day, the usual and fun story where the characters have fun and socialize, and at night there will be a more serious and gloomy atmosphere.
The only thing that I really don't understand is why the older sister remembered being on the island, but doesn't remember the MC. I'm not sure if that is another piece of her puzzle, or just a mistake by the author.
She actually didnt remember being on the island, she says she was going to go on a trip there.
You're right! She does not remember the island, only remembers how she was going on a trip to him.

Reactions: L7Bear

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
Have you considered asking the community here, if anybody would like to be your editor for free (at least at first)?

Honestly, I would offer myself, if I wasn't swamped with work and barely have enough time to PLAY the games I like, but maybe you can find someone with a bit more of leisure time.
Not a bad idea. I would offer myself as well. But im fully aware that my English is not up to par. Im sure there is someone willing to dig in though.
I was thinking about the reading group in the discord. Someone who can evaluate the update before it is released. Just now I don’t have much time to think about such things. First I want to finish chapter 2.

Reactions: L7Bear and botc76

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
But there's an easy solution! If the dev is going to release frequent updates with less content, I'll just wait a few updates before playing :).
I think so too! Frequent updates are made so that people see that work is underway.
And if you want, then at any time you can download and play the current version.

Reactions: fauxplayer and pim0

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
IMHO, Lost was a fantastic series and Twin Peaks 2017 was a marvel of all TV series. Ever. Fantastic series for people with imagination. I can understand why dull unimaginative people hate them so much.
Should add American Gods here that I have already mentioned earlier.

Finding this VN to be from the similar kind of surreal universe is potentially one of the best things that could have happened.

Unk99

Aug 3, 2018
per request, here is my unofficial android port of The Intoxicating Flavor v0.1.9
in the ping pong mini game you have to touch the letters, might be not as easy as it sounds :evilsmile:
have fun and please report problems (you can reach me )
Thanks the66

Valrin72

May 4, 2017
I know about problems with grammar, and I would really like to hire a real editor. He could check prepared translation. But now I can not afford it. I need to urgently update my computer, otherwise at some point I will not be able to work at all.
Well, if you ever get to that point let me know. I've done grammar edits for Drunk_Nescafe (New Paths) and Dede Kusto (Gates: The Opening) in the past. Dede even added a joke that I'd put in as a side comment (near the beginning of the game - the comment about leaving the car engine running being bad for the environment).

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

On Wednesday morning I sent an update to the translation and received it tonight. In the morning I woke up and saw that the translation was ready and went to work with a calm soul. When I returned from work and began to read the translation and... it's just a nightmare. Understand me correctly, I am used to correct inaccuracies in translation. The translator cannot get into my head and understand what exactly I mean at one time or another, but this time I just cannot fix everything. The translation is not so bad, it is simply not accurate, and in moments it just changes the meaning of the words.
At the same time, the update is really very short, the shortest for all time. Only 1300 words! In this update, mostly adult content and no conversations at all, and about a third is improvisation translator. I understand what adaptation is, but when the meaning of words changes, this is already a problem. How can you translate "Innocent lamb" as "Virgin"? And most importantly why?

In general, two hours ago I sent the translator things that need to be fixed. The answer is still no. If there is no translation by the morning, I will look for a new translator. I liked her translation, often she guesses very precisely what I want to say, but I was bored to correct for some hours things, which she sometimes adds.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
"mostly adult content" will satisfy many..so "words" do not matter..lol..i'm a fan of your words though....now the pages of discussion begins.."who do we get to boink?" my money is on mom...she's got the horny's pouring outta every oriface.
BUT"innocent lamb/virgin" may be a hint we boink alien-elf-mystic girl? :O

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
played it yesterday, got me hooked, really wanna see where all this goes. Got a little convoluted at the nightmare part, but it wasn't bad

I wonder if Liz and the ginger girl will remain only in the dream world or if they will eventually reach the island in flesh and bone

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

In general, the translation was not so bad. It is still not accurate, but I can fix it, but in itself it is not bad. Tomorrow morning, if there is no translator’s response, I will correct everything myself. I have a day off, so I’ll do it early. I probably would have managed today if I had not spent time on angry letters and stuff. :\
What to do with the translator has not yet decided. I repeat, I like her translations and the speed of work, but I don’t want to spend time correcting errors.

What's new in version 0.1.9.5?
54 images.

Only 1300 new words.
4 new sounds.

The update is very short. Few dialogues, but a lot of pictures. :)

P.S. Forgot to add. Now I will release mac version, several times asked.

ive_got-problems

Mar 21, 2018
Great game, can't wait for the next update. Definitely wish the game kept going now that we're back to real life again, ohh well.

Alteni

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Man wtf is this 4 or 5 pictures and dialogue that;s it !! really man thats suck i really like the game but every update like this ..... boring

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Props on the dark story wrapped in an evolving erotic adventure trapped in an enigma. I'll throw my hat into the plot conspiracy theory ring too.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: lightsword96
4.00 star(s) 151 Votes