VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Intoxicating Flavor [v0.10.6] [PixelsLab]

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes

mvitrak

Jul 12, 2019
The story went weird. Jumping the way it does from dreams to "reality". The extra at the end did not help either. The renders are superb. The action is good but the grammar now and again is really bad. The confusing use of collective nouns instead of personal nouns; ie. 'us' instead of 'I'. Also a few wrong sentence constructions. It is obvious the author of the story is Russian. Power dominates. It is intriguing enough though to keep the reader's attention.
Yes, the author is from Russia, therefore I am forced to use the services of a translator, so sorry for his grammar, but the story is more and more intriguing. (And you know, I have a dream, we already saw the mother of the MC, and I think we all want to find out about my father at least half a hint. For example, in one of the chapters in the conversation, Eva and James will say this dialogue: “I’m most afraid of Michal, he didn’t know, otherwise he’ll ruin everything "
“But nothing has been heard about him for seventeen years.”
This is so, but this does not mean that he died, such people do not disappear without a trace.

mvitrak

Jul 12, 2019
Yes, the author is from Russia, therefore I am forced to use the services of a translator, so sorry for his grammar, but the story is more and more intriguing. (And you know, I have a dream, we already saw the mother of the MC, and I think we all want to find out about my father at least half a hint. For example, in one of the chapters in the conversation, Eva and James will say this dialogue: “I’m most afraid of Michal, he didn’t know, otherwise he’ll ruin everything "
“But nothing has been heard about him for seventeen years.”
This is so, but this does not mean that he died, such people do not disappear without a trace.
And I don’t know what he will do if he finds out about his son. Anything can be expected from him. Even I cannot predict his intentions.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
The worst part of this is when it ends damn despite it being a short update the storyline just keeps you so engrossed and now we have met the Mother Eve and I'm liking what I see with her but damn I'd hate to be the skipper guy now he has Liv to deal with

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018

Think.JPG

Hello!

In general, I thought about a new computer, read reviews and decided on several options, but first I would like to explain some things related to buying a new computer.

1. I need 64 Gb of RAM. This is the main point! It is because of this that I am buying a new computer. Since the rendering of some scenes takes 50-62 Gb. Now I am using a swap file - thanks to this I can render. But! I can’t do anything else: neither print text, nor use a browser, nothing. My computer is exactly 6 years old. (Also bought it for his birthday :)). And I can’t buy a 64 Gb RAM kit for it. And especially there is no sense...

2. I want to buy a large SSD in order to store the DAZ Studio base on it. This will allow me to quickly open and save files, load models and more. It will just speed up the time of my work and make the work more comfortable. I can buy it later, but I don’t really want to constantly rebuild the base.

3. Cooling. Considering that my computer is constantly in load, I want to buy a more or less good and QUIET cooler for the processor. Moreover, maybe someday, I will have 2 graphics card (Dreaming), the cooling should be good. But not too expensive!

4. The motherboard. Everything is simple here! Just in case, be able to connect 2 video cards.

5. CPU. That’s the main problem! Which CPU to take? How many nerves I killed in the search for an answer! Intel or AMD? My search led me to this conclusion: AMD is cheaper, but most likely I will have to torment a bit and set it up for comfortable work, while Intel costs more, about 20-25 percent at the same capacities.

Now to the computer itself. I put together 3 configurations to choose from. And I would like to know your opinion on this matter. Maybe you know something that I don’t know?

Option one and main.
The system is built on the ryzen 3700x 8 cores / 16 threads. Here I also need to point to the x570 motherboard. I can buy cheaper (much cheaper), but I thought that maybe PCI-E 4 might come in handy. Maybe the next generation video card will support it.

The second option is a bit more economical. The system is built on a ryzen 3600 6 cores / 12 threads. CPU is a bit weaker, but I’ll save 140$. Which is very good! There is also an expensive motherboard (for the same reasons), and I will also have the opportunity to upgrade to another, more powerful processor when it comes out in the future.

And the third option is intel 9900 8 cores / 16 threads. Slightly more powerful than the ryzen 3700x. Intel has not washed away something cheaper because there are cheaper analogues on AMD. Among the advantages, besides power, we can mention a more stable motherboard but without PCI-E 4.

There was another option on the Intel 9900K, but there I have to buy a new case, a power supply and a more expensive cooling system. It turned out about $ 2000. Madness!

Here are such options. Honestly, when I first saw the prices, I thought that I would do a good job on the old one. But my computer convinced me, once again freezing. LOL

In general, write comments, vote for the option that most of all seems correct.

And once again many thanks for your support!

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Not sure if you know, but Intel processors have in the last couple years had a bunch of flaws discovered and the fixes have caused pretty large slowdowns in the processor speed.

Good and Quiet means you probably want an AIO (All in One) liquid cooler. If going for air cooling I suggest Noctua, the fans are normally ugly brownish but they can come in black but easily some of the best performing and quiet fans on the market. Make sure whatever cooler you get can fit over the motherboards capacitors near the CPU.

Other than that, most of those parts are just fine.

Reactions: PixelsLab

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
Not sure if you know, but Intel processors have in the last couple years had a bunch of flaws discovered and the fixes have caused pretty large slowdowns in the processor speed.

Good and Quiet means you probably want an AIO (All in One) liquid cooler. If going for air cooling I suggest Noctua, the fans are normally ugly brownish but they can come in black but easily some of the best performing and quiet fans on the market. Make sure whatever cooler you get can fit over the motherboards capacitors near the CPU.

Other than that, most of those parts are just fine.
Thank you for advice!(y) About the coolers, they're too expensive. I have a very limited budget now because of the operation. :sick:

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
While liquid cooling is always the king of quiet, the main factor really is the flow and volume. If you have good airflow you can turn down the speed of most fans, which makes them far quieter, and since you still need fan-cooling for the radiator of a liquid cooling kit, without any real option to improve the airflow much around that, sometimes fans are better.

The CPU isn't going to be your major speed factor, and neither is an SSD - the main one for DAZ is the amount of RAM you have, and the amount of VRAM on the graphics card, its often better to get a midrange CPU and large HDDs and put the money you save into the largest GPU you can afford with what you save. Having 11GB VRAM is way better than 8, and having 8GB is way better than less, and those are the thing that will really affect the rendering times. Honestly, better to have a quad-core CPU and an 8GB graphics card than an 8 core CPU and a 6GB graphics card for rendering time. Of course, I'm assuming that this is for DAZ and that you are using iray.

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
While liquid cooling is always the king of quiet, the main factor really is the flow and volume. If you have good airflow you can turn down the speed of most fans, which makes them far quieter, and since you still need fan-cooling for the radiator of a liquid cooling kit, without any real option to improve the airflow much around that, sometimes fans are better.

The CPU isn't going to be your major speed factor, and neither is an SSD - the main one for DAZ is the amount of RAM you have, and the amount of VRAM on the graphics card, its often better to get a midrange CPU and large HDDs and put the money you save into the largest GPU you can afford with what you save. Having 11GB VRAM is way better than 8, and having 8GB is way better than less, and those are the thing that will really affect the rendering times. Honestly, better to have a quad-core CPU and an 8GB graphics card than an 8 core CPU and a 6GB graphics card for rendering time. Of course, I'm assuming that this is for DAZ and that you are using iray.
Yes, I agree with everything! I already have 1080 ti with 11Gb VRAM. As I said, I buy a computer for RAM. If I could just buy RAM, I would do so. But I have DDR3, and in Russia a DDR3 64gb kit costs about $ 750. That is why I decided to update the entire computer completely.

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

y7521y

May 26, 2019
Is this the price in Moscow? Or is it Amazon's price?
Why don't you browse China's shopping websites? The price will be a lot more favorable.After all, it is the place of production.
Sorry, I don't know if this is taxable.

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes