VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Intoxicating Flavor [v0.10.6] [PixelsLab]

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes

Tvar

Jun 20, 2017

View attachment 470117

Hello!

In general, I thought about a new computer, read reviews and decided on several options, but first I would like to explain some things related to buying a new computer.

1. I need 64 Gb of RAM. This is the main point! It is because of this that I am buying a new computer. Since the rendering of some scenes takes 50-62 Gb. Now I am using a swap file - thanks to this I can render. But! I can’t do anything else: neither print text, nor use a browser, nothing. My computer is exactly 6 years old. (Also bought it for his birthday :)). And I can’t buy a 64 Gb RAM kit for it. And especially there is no sense...

2. I want to buy a large SSD in order to store the DAZ Studio base on it. This will allow me to quickly open and save files, load models and more. It will just speed up the time of my work and make the work more comfortable. I can buy it later, but I don’t really want to constantly rebuild the base.

3. Cooling. Considering that my computer is constantly in load, I want to buy a more or less good and QUIET cooler for the processor. Moreover, maybe someday, I will have 2 graphics card (Dreaming), the cooling should be good. But not too expensive!

4. The motherboard. Everything is simple here! Just in case, be able to connect 2 video cards.

5. CPU. That’s the main problem! Which CPU to take? How many nerves I killed in the search for an answer! Intel or AMD? My search led me to this conclusion: AMD is cheaper, but most likely I will have to torment a bit and set it up for comfortable work, while Intel costs more, about 20-25 percent at the same capacities.

Now to the computer itself. I put together 3 configurations to choose from. And I would like to know your opinion on this matter. Maybe you know something that I don’t know?

Option one and main.
The system is built on the ryzen 3700x 8 cores / 16 threads. Here I also need to point to the x570 motherboard. I can buy cheaper (much cheaper), but I thought that maybe PCI-E 4 might come in handy. Maybe the next generation video card will support it.

The second option is a bit more economical. The system is built on a ryzen 3600 6 cores / 12 threads. CPU is a bit weaker, but I’ll save 140$. Which is very good! There is also an expensive motherboard (for the same reasons), and I will also have the opportunity to upgrade to another, more powerful processor when it comes out in the future.

And the third option is intel 9900 8 cores / 16 threads. Slightly more powerful than the ryzen 3700x. Intel has not washed away something cheaper because there are cheaper analogues on AMD. Among the advantages, besides power, we can mention a more stable motherboard but without PCI-E 4.

There was another option on the Intel 9900K, but there I have to buy a new case, a power supply and a more expensive cooling system. It turned out about $ 2000. Madness!

Here are such options. Honestly, when I first saw the prices, I thought that I would do a good job on the old one. But my computer convinced me, once again freezing. LOL

In general, write comments, vote for the option that most of all seems correct.

And once again many thanks for your support!
for the price of 9900k, you can get a 12 core monster 3900X

imo pick 3700X or 3900X and get the 64gb of ram with nvme and get the x570 for PCIE 4.0 so you can get faster NVMe in the future.

Reactions: FAP369ZONE

Astaroth45

Sep 10, 2019
Yes, I agree with everything! I already have 1080 ti with 11Gb VRAM. As I said, I buy a computer for RAM. If I could just buy RAM, I would do so. But I have DDR3, and in Russia a DDR3 64gb kit costs about $ 750. That is why I decided to update the entire computer completely.
Hello there, I don't post often (I really don't post since I don't know what to say that haven't been said) but here is a little advice as a CAD designer doing some rendering (and an enthusiast but casual PC gamer, I know it's pretty illogical). From what I understand of Daz rendering, you need a good GPU and a lot of ram, but not much CPU power. So I'll go for a 3600 or a 3700x on a B450 motherboard as the speed of the SSD doesn't seem to be a problem. A good 3850read 3200write SSD on m.2 pci3.0 x16 should be enough and then you don't need the pcie4.0. At he moment, no GPU can use the full bandwih of the PCIE3.0, so there isn't really any need for a X570 motherboard. A B450 with an updated bios should be enough (something like the MSI b450 tomahawk max ). Then go for some 3200 DDR4 kit at least. If you want to get the full potential of the ryzen 3xxx, then go on a x570 (the MSI gaming edge wifi is a pretty good card, I own it and I get some good OC capabilities on mys 3700x which is probably a golden sample Whohoo!) and go for some 3600DDR4 kit as it's the sweet spot. Then, you could go for a PCIE4 SSD, but not sure you'll see any benefit for the renders.
The whole package for a B450, a 3600 and 64Gb 3200DDR4 with a 1TB SSD M.2 PCIE 3 with the speed I write before should go for something like 950$ Max, a 3700x would get you around 1150$ Max on a X570 with a PCIE4 SSD (all prices from Aliexpress with shipping to russia).
Hope it helps you a little.

Reactions: PixelsLab

perheiro

Apr 25, 2017

View attachment 470117

Hello!

In general, I thought about a new computer, read reviews and decided on several options, but first I would like to explain some things related to buying a new computer.

1. I need 64 Gb of RAM. This is the main point! It is because of this that I am buying a new computer. Since the rendering of some scenes takes 50-62 Gb. Now I am using a swap file - thanks to this I can render. But! I can’t do anything else: neither print text, nor use a browser, nothing. My computer is exactly 6 years old. (Also bought it for his birthday :)). And I can’t buy a 64 Gb RAM kit for it. And especially there is no sense...

2. I want to buy a large SSD in order to store the DAZ Studio base on it. This will allow me to quickly open and save files, load models and more. It will just speed up the time of my work and make the work more comfortable. I can buy it later, but I don’t really want to constantly rebuild the base.

3. Cooling. Considering that my computer is constantly in load, I want to buy a more or less good and QUIET cooler for the processor. Moreover, maybe someday, I will have 2 graphics card (Dreaming), the cooling should be good. But not too expensive!

4. The motherboard. Everything is simple here! Just in case, be able to connect 2 video cards.

5. CPU. That’s the main problem! Which CPU to take? How many nerves I killed in the search for an answer! Intel or AMD? My search led me to this conclusion: AMD is cheaper, but most likely I will have to torment a bit and set it up for comfortable work, while Intel costs more, about 20-25 percent at the same capacities.

Now to the computer itself. I put together 3 configurations to choose from. And I would like to know your opinion on this matter. Maybe you know something that I don’t know?

Option one and main.
The system is built on the ryzen 3700x 8 cores / 16 threads. Here I also need to point to the x570 motherboard. I can buy cheaper (much cheaper), but I thought that maybe PCI-E 4 might come in handy. Maybe the next generation video card will support it.

The second option is a bit more economical. The system is built on a ryzen 3600 6 cores / 12 threads. CPU is a bit weaker, but I’ll save 140$. Which is very good! There is also an expensive motherboard (for the same reasons), and I will also have the opportunity to upgrade to another, more powerful processor when it comes out in the future.

And the third option is intel 9900 8 cores / 16 threads. Slightly more powerful than the ryzen 3700x. Intel has not washed away something cheaper because there are cheaper analogues on AMD. Among the advantages, besides power, we can mention a more stable motherboard but without PCI-E 4.

There was another option on the Intel 9900K, but there I have to buy a new case, a power supply and a more expensive cooling system. It turned out about $ 2000. Madness!

Here are such options. Honestly, when I first saw the prices, I thought that I would do a good job on the old one. But my computer convinced me, once again freezing. LOL

In general, write comments, vote for the option that most of all seems correct.

And once again many thanks for your support!
AMD confirms 64-core Threadripper 3990X for 2020
Is it just overkill? Gonna need a commercial AC unit to cool this monster.
AMD 64 Core 2nd Gen Threadripper.png

• Haha

perheiro

Apr 25, 2017
We have already discussed a similar issue. You can re-read the branch and make sure of this. The administrator personally came and said, no longer raise this topic. If you think that girls with small stature do not deserve attention, then these are only your preferences.
About illegality, I talked with the support of several sites that host the game. He wrote to them so that in the future there would be no problems. No one had a question.
And where will the questions come from? when are there such real girls in Patreon itself?

Let's not insult each other. This will only cause retaliatory aggression. :coffee: Moreover, insults are prohibited by the rules of the site.
She is beautiful and IMHO the problem is only in ones mind. This character has as much right to exist in games as the giant boobed bimbo's that haunt so many adult games today.

SyddSparty

May 13, 2018
PixelsLab I highly suggest swapping out the air cooler for a watercooled AIO. They're a lot quieter and relatively easy to use, since you're not going for any "fancy" watercooling options the AIO will run safely with practically 0 chance of leakage since they come tested extensively. If you want your cpu to run close to room temps then I suggest you go for that, corsair has some really nice AIOs that you could look into. I've been using my AIO for 5 years now. :)

• Thinking Face
Apr 16, 2019
Try using my update. maybe you'll get the picture...
Is it possible to also fix the character who's saying the lines right? Theres this part at the chapter 2 for example

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I know its not your job and this hopefully gonna get fixed on future updates, just pointing out.

And while I keep playing another thing popped up: all 'of course' are 'ofcourse'.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Apr 16, 2019
Ok so I just downloaded a decent text editor that can open rpy files (that isnt wordpad, I hate it) and did it myself. Fixed a couple things using your rpy file Mirewen, if you dont mind, both things that I mentioned on the previous message.

EDIT: so I found a couple other 'global errors' and fixed them (like 'eachother' instead of 'each other'). Been fixing some minor typos here and there as I see it, fixing punctuation and capitalizations, added a second or third 'm' on those solo 'M' you see a lot (and other games usually do like 'mh' or 'mhm')...

Did so for most of chapter 2 and the entire chapter 3 so far, but its late and imma sleep now. Updated the file here if anyone wants to use it.

Last edited:

DamnVamMan

Mar 14, 2017
Ok so I just downloaded a decent text editor that can open rpy files (that isnt wordpad, I hate it) and did it myself. Fixed a couple things using your rpy file Mirewen, if you dont mind, both things that I mentioned on the previous message.
both atom and sublime have syntax highlighting and intellesense for renpy files. if you grab the renpy sdk it will offer to automatically fetch an atom installation with all required packages, sublime is just as easy

Reactions: PokemasterLord
Apr 16, 2019
both atom and sublime have syntax highlighting and intellesense for renpy files. if you grab the renpy sdk it will offer to automatically fetch an atom installation with all required packages, sublime is just as easy
Will keep it in mind if I get more serious about this, its just that this one game had a few things that were bothering me a bit and I decided to actually fix it myself.

Mirewen

Aug 28, 2017

EDIT: so I found a couple other 'global errors' and fixed them (like 'eachother' instead of 'each other'). Been fixing some minor typos here and there as I see it, fixing punctuation and capitalizations, added a second or third 'm' on those solo 'M' you see a lot (and other games usually do like 'mh' or 'mhm')...

Did so for most of chapter 2 and the entire chapter 3 so far, but its late and imma sleep now. Updated the file here if anyone wants to use it.

all corrected now

holymoly35cb

Mar 31, 2019
Started playing chapter 2 and when deciding how to help Maria in the gym, I get the error screen. Clicking rollback or ignore does not go back to the game.

Mirewen

Aug 28, 2017
Started playing chapter 2 and when deciding how to help Maria in the gym, I get the error screen. Clicking rollback or ignore does not go back to the game.
Wht does the screen say?
could you sent a picture or a traceback or errorlog??

Apr 16, 2019
So I was fixing some text errors from a point onwards, then finished playing the game and went back to the start of the script and did a quick rundown and fixed what I could find.

Its mostly capitalization, spacing and punctuation, few typos here and there, nothing major really.

Here's the file, if anyone is interested.

Also, is there something up with the game version? I finished it and it said it was the end of the 0.3.9 version, but I downloaded what should be version 0.4 (the file was named as that at least).

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes